Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Habits of Depolarizing People
(02-24-2016, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've never seen a report that all "those that supports Trump as racist and white supremacist."

But its what you want to hear isn't it?

Maybe this will give you some hope.

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/125618/are-donald-trumps-supporters-racist
(02-24-2016, 10:53 AM)Vlad Wrote: But its what you want to hear isn't it?

He know they exist, but he would rather play the semantics card. 

That politicians answer:

"I am not calling you a racist, however if you support Trump then you have racist tendencies."
(02-24-2016, 10:53 AM)Vlad Wrote: But its what you want to hear isn't it?

Not a member.   Can't read it.

However I will stick with what I said:  Trump attracts the worst of society who think he says what they think.  That doesn't mean they are all that way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 11:03 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: He know they exist, but he would rather play the semantics card. 

That politicians answer:

"I am not calling you a racist, however if you support Trump then you have racist tendencies."

And that is the opposite of what I said.
(02-24-2016, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: And that is the opposite of what I said.

Sure it is.   Rolleyes
(02-24-2016, 11:16 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Sure it is. Rolleyes

Nope never said it.

(02-24-2016, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: No they have shown how many of those people are attracted to his campaign and support him.

You take that as ALL are because it hurts your views.

I've never seen a report that all "those that supports Trump as racist and white supremacist."

(02-24-2016, 11:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not a member.   Can't read it.

However I will stick with what I said:  Trump attracts the worst of society who think he says what they think.  That doesn't mean they are all that way.

Rock On
(02-24-2016, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope never said it.

Rock On

Again it is the politicians answer.

I will just say semantics.
(02-23-2016, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I read that and didn't think of anybody here.

See?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 11:25 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Again it is the politicians answer.

I will just say semantics.

But it is not semantics.

I am clearly saying that while fringe members of society like white supremacists are attracted to Trump and his rhetoric that does not mean ALL of Trump's supporters are that way.

That's not double speak.  The only way it could be clearer is with a venn diagram.  Smirk
(02-24-2016, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: But it is not semantics.

I am clearly saying that while fringe members of society like white supremacists are attracted to Trump and his rhetoric that does not mean ALL of Trump's supporters are that way.

That's not double speak.  The only way it could be clearer is with a venn diagram.  Smirk

ok.   ThumbsUp
(02-24-2016, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: But it is not semantics.

Me: Black people are more likely to be poor
SN: Being black automatically makes you poor??!??!
Me: No, I said "black people are more likely to be poor"
SN: You're always saying "I didn't say that!"

He's got nothing else but dishonesty to offer. That and videos with American Neo Nazis. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 11:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Me: Black people are more likely to be poor

He's got nothing else but dishonesty to offer. That and videos with American Neo Nazis. 

If you say so, Patty.  If you say so.  Embrace your choices my friend.   ThumbsUp
(02-24-2016, 11:52 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: If you say so, Patty.  If you say so.  Embrace your choices my friend.   ThumbsUp

The posts say so, not me. I can quote them again if you want, or you could be a man. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 11:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The posts say so, not me. I can quote them again if you want, or you could be a man. 

That is funny.

You calling me less than a man...

Enjoy your delusion.

The post show that you are completely out of your league.
(02-24-2016, 11:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Me: Black people are more likely to be poor

There are more poor whites, but yes I agree that blacks are disproportionately more likely to be poor... but there is that element out there that preaches if you are black, you are doomed.
(02-24-2016, 12:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: There are more poor whites, but yes I agree that blacks are disproportionately more likely to be poor... but there is that element out there that preaches if you are black, you are doomed.

Exactly.

I have already hit up on this.

If a person is told something from birth, such as "you will be followed around in a store, just because you are black", then they will see any instance where they are followed as proof that what they are told as true.

If a person isn't told this, then they could be followed in every store they attend and never even notice.
(02-24-2016, 12:13 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Exactly.

I have already hit up on this.

If a person is told something from birth, such as "you will be followed around in a store, just because you are black", then they will see any instance where they are followed as proof that what they are told as true.

If a person isn't told this, then they could be followed in every store they attend and never even notice.

And when white people are raised being told that black people are all lazy, violent criminals these white people grow up to believe it.
(02-24-2016, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And when white people are raised being told that black people are all lazy, violent criminals these white people grow up to believe it.

Like when white people are raised being constantly told that black people are all lay violent criminals.  

Except we are not told this.

In fact every time a black person commits a crime we are told to focus on the individual and not blame "all black people".

I have already posted the links to show how the narrative is reversed when someone like Dylann Roof commits a crime and how "White people need to come to terms with their racism".

Of course I can do that again, if you try to deny the validity of my post.

OOOHHHH. So close, you almost had an edit in place to remove your statement.
(02-24-2016, 12:09 PM)Vlad Wrote:  but there is that element out there that preaches if you are black, you are doomed.

And that is why black history month is so important.  That is the chance for African Americans to learn about all the success stories of African Americans achieving great things even when they were being oppressed.  Black History month teaches them that they can succeed despite hardships and obstacles. Without Black History Month many African Americans would never hear about all the historical achievement of African Americans.

And I can't understand why the same people who accuse blacks of being indoctrinated into victimhood OPPOSE Black History Month.  The whole purpose of Black History Month is to defeat this victim mentality.
(02-24-2016, 09:27 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: A wonderful book that I had read, touches up on this.

Wizard's First Rule.

Zedd, the Wizard of the First Order, mentions to the protagonist, that there is no such thing as pure good and pure evil, lest of all in people.

A dictator, no matter how cruel he seems, still thinks he is acting on the best interest of everyone.

I think, he used his cat as an analogy.

Something like:  My cat isn't evil, at least to me, and to my cat.  However I am sure that mice would protest these claims.

Perspective is so important.
I can't think of any dictators who ever seemed to care about the best interests of anyone, much less everyone.  And maybe there is no such thing as pure evil but it certainly doesn't take 100%.  Half evil is plenty enough.

And Zedd, whoever he is, makes a very faulty analogy.  Good or evil are not concepts that can really be applied to non-human animals that operate on instinct and not emotion.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll