Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Habits of Depolarizing People
(02-24-2016, 12:23 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Except we are not told this.

Yes you are.  It is everywhere.  Just look at all the posts you have made denigrating blacks.  You are obsessed with it.  

So it is clear what your children will be taught growing up......"WHITE PEOPLE NEED A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE WITH NO BLACK PEOPLE ALLOWED."
(02-24-2016, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is why black history month is so important.  That is the chance for African Americans to learn about all the success stories of African Americans achieving great things even when they were being oppressed.  Black History month teaches them that they can succeed despite hardships and obstacles. Without Black History Month many African Americans would never hear about all the historical achievement of African Americans.

And I can't understand why the same people who accuse blacks of being indoctrinated into victimhood OPPOSE Black History Month.  The whole purpose of Black History Month is to defeat this victim mentality.

Is this what you think?

I have learned a lot about black achievements through every month of school.  Not just February.  I agree with Morgan Freeman, why limit the history to only 1 month?

Teach it, as it is, as American History.  Without the revisionist aspects of course.  For instance, don't give false credit to someone.  If they were a part of a team, that doesn't mean the invention wouldn't have been discovered.  However, we should not diminished the accomplishment of their role in the advancements made.
(02-24-2016, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you are.  It is everywhere.  Just look at all the posts you have made denigrating blacks.  You are obsessed with it.  

So it is clear what your children will be taught growing up......"WHITE PEOPLE NEED A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE WITH NO BLACK PEOPLE ALLOWED."

LMAO

Just because I can resist the programming of Marxist ideology, doesn't mean that I am denigrating blacks.

You have tried to make this claim and I have asked for proof.  You provided a very sad "proof" that I think Whites are superior.

Whites should be free to not associate with blacks on a daily basis as you (or your ideology) has forced them to do.

Again, I LOVE culture, I want to preserve it.  You, who has no concept of culture, seem hell bent on destroying it.
(02-24-2016, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is why black history month is so important.  That is the chance for African Americans to learn about all the success stories of African Americans achieving great things even when they were being oppressed.  Black History month teaches them that they can succeed despite hardships and obstacles. Without Black History Month many African Americans would never hear about all the historical achievement of African Americans.

And I can't understand why the same people who accuse blacks of being indoctrinated into victimhood OPPOSE Black History Month.  The whole purpose of Black History Month is to defeat this victim mentality.

Quite the contrary Fred.

Twenty- thirty years ago, yes, hooray for black history month. Today black history month does nothing but encourage the idea of victimhood.
American history is black history and vice versa. It is taught in schools today, not ignored.
Blacks dont need a month set aside for them...or rather, segregating them yet again...on a calendar.

^^^
And you know who is saying this? It's not me, I'm only reiterating. It's black people. But you as a high and mighty liberal knows whats best for them better than they do right?

[Image: 311thco.jpg]
(02-24-2016, 12:00 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: That is funny.

You calling me less than a man...

Enjoy your delusion.

The post show that you are completely out of your league.

(02-17-2016, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One explanation that rejects a racial bias is a poverty bias. If you're poor, you're less likely to have a good lawyer. If you're black, you're more likely to be poor. 

(02-17-2016, 11:47 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: No, I don't believe that being black automatically makes you poor. 

(02-19-2016, 09:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  I don't need to clarify "if you're black, you're more likely to be poor". It says what it says. It certainly doesn't say "being black automatically makes you poor".

(02-20-2016, 03:30 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: We have been over this.  You state something... I ask a question and you jump to "I didn't say that".  Instead of "Let me explain" or "Let me clarify my position".

You're either dishonest or dumb. Your choice. If it's the former, be a man about it. If it's the latter, blame your teacher.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 01:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: Quite the contrary Fred.

Twenty- thirty years ago, yes, hooray for black history month. Today black history month does nothing but encourage the idea of victimhood.

Complete lie.

It does the opposite.  It teaches about all the success stories from black history instead of concentrating on victimhood.
(02-24-2016, 12:39 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I have learned a lot about black achievements through every month of school.  Not just February. 

No you didn't.

You have already admitted that you learned nothing about black history except victimhood.  In fact you climed that this was still the case in college.  Remember crying about the Black history teacher that you claimed deluded you because you were too stupid to know any better.

Youy need o keep your story straight if you want anyone to take you seriously.
(02-24-2016, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Complete lie.

It does the opposite.  It teaches about all the success stories from black history instead of concentrating on victimhood.

Yes, but doesn't it still act as a separator?  And doesn't it also have a right the wrongs of the past feel to it?  When does the day come when we're all just plain old Americans and don't have the prefixes in front of it?  And it kinda smacks of see, we have accomplished things, despite what you may think.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 03:17 PM)McC Wrote:  When does the day come when we're all just plain old Americans and don't have the prefixes in front of it? 

The day we have a common enemy to unite against. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-24-2016, 10:32 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Hey, he is still a hero.  Even if reports are exaggerated.

He was a Presbyterian! ThumbsUp

But wait!!!

Donald Trump also claims to be a Presbyterian!!! Nervous

I'm so confused now!!! Mellow

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-24-2016, 03:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The day we have a common enemy to unite against. 

You mean like a zombie invasion?

That hasn't been working out too well for uniting on "The Walking Dead".

Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-24-2016, 02:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're either dishonest or dumb. Your choice. If it's the former, be a man about it. If it's the latter, blame your teacher.

Oh, I am dishonest?

(02-17-2016, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: All statistics that exists. One explanation that rejects a racial bias is a poverty bias. If you're poor, you're less likely to have a good lawyer. If you're black, you're more likely to be poor. Is that your belief?

How about the original quote WITH the punctuation, such as the ?  that you have at the end.

IS THAT YOUR BELIEF?  I will even bold for you to see.

So my response was:

No, being black doesn't automatically make you poor, there are plenty of rich black people in our country.

For a teacher you are lacking in comprehension.  The meaning is clear.  I answer your question.  NO.

Then I followed up with my own take, that being black doesn't automatically make you poor. 

Yet, you have struggled to be honest.  Which is typical for people that are out of their depth, but can't admit that they are in too deep.

I already know what you are, and being a man is the furthest thing from it.  You can even add the dumb adjective to it.
(02-24-2016, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you didn't.

You have already admitted that you learned nothing about black history except victimhood.  In fact you climed that this was still the case in college.  Remember crying about the Black history teacher that you claimed deluded you because you were too stupid to know any better.

Youy need o keep your story straight if you want anyone to take you seriously.

What?

This post makes 0 sense.  You have gone over the top in your ridiculous claims, but this is like super over the top.

You know what I was subjected in school?  I am sorry, we had a lot of Lamonts, Lequishas, Malcolms and Tyrones, but we didn't have any Freds.

Please post the proof (I don't why I even ask, cause it will be so convoluted) that I have admitted that the only thing I have learned is victimhood? 

Do blacks learn early that they should claim victimhood?  Yes.  There is plenty of evidence to support this. I even posted a video that they show in classrooms (real classrooms) that is titled the Unequal Opportunity Race.

I think the main issue you have Fred is you are so old that you think that the topics that you learned carried over.  What kids are taught now is not what they were taught in the 1950s or 60s or 70s or 80s.

Even what you learned in college is different than what the kids are learning in college.

Of course this is my prognosis.  I think you have a disconnect with what the education system teaches it's students in today's classrooms.  You are still stuck in the classrooms of yesteryear.
(02-24-2016, 04:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You mean like a zombie invasion?

Ninja

Question about zombies--

This is based more on Zombieland and Shawn of The Dead than Walking Dead, which I have never seen...

How come zombies don't starve to death lurching around waiting for live humans to eat?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(02-24-2016, 05:05 PM)McC Wrote: How come zombies don't starve to death lurching around waiting for live humans to eat?

uuhhmm......they are already dead?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-24-2016, 04:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You mean like a zombie invasion?

Ninja

I often laugh at the concept that we would "come together" in a crisis like that.  I feel the show is much more realistic in that it would be clans and groups of survivors all fighting rather than working together.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuhhmm......they are already dead?

Then how come they can be "killed" with a shotgun blast?  Kinda loophole-y, ain't it?  Isn't law 1 in sci fi that you need some kind of semblance of science?

Also, if they're dead, why do they need to eat?

(02-24-2016, 05:42 PM)McC Wrote: Then how come they can be "killed" with a shotgun blast?  Kinda loophole-y, ain't it?  Isn't law 1 in sci fi that you need some kind of semblance of science?

Also, if they're dead, why do they need to eat?

If I am understanding them on TWD:

They don't "need to eat" to survive...they seem to go dormant after a while if they do not eat though.  It seems they just do it.

Once the brain is damaged though they "die".

Plus...fantasy.   Smirk
(02-24-2016, 06:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I am understanding them on TWD:

They don't "need to eat" to survive...they seem to go dormant after a while if they do not eat though.  It seems they just do it.

Once the brain is damaged though they "die".

Plus...fantasy.   Smirk

Thanks for the clear up.  Amazing how much mileage the genre is getting/ has gotten, considering Night of The Living Dead pretty much said it all in the 60's.

(02-24-2016, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote: Thanks for the clear up.  Amazing how much mileage the genre is getting/ has gotten, considering Night of The Living Dead pretty much said it all in the 60's.

IMHO TWD is more about the living than the walkers (zombies) which makes it intriguing.