7 PICKS TODAY....GO BENGALS
3 in 4, 5, 2 in 6, 7

Bengals will load up and fill many needs areas....GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:58 PM)kevin Wrote: 3 in 4, 5, 2 in 6, 7

Bengals will load up and fill many needs areas....GO BENGALS

Quality rosters are built around 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks.  Whatever

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Let’s Go !
Reply/Quote
Better depth will mean never seeing guys like Jordan or Redmond on the field. These later round picks can be very important. Especially having this many.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better depth will mean never seeing guys like Jordan or Redmond on the field. These later round picks can be very important. Especially having this many.

Indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better depth will mean never seeing guys like Jordan or Redmond on the field. These later round picks can be very important. Especially having this many.

Let's hope so... But aren't these the very rounds that spawned Jordan, Finley, and Redmond? Granted Redmond was from the prior regime.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better depth will mean never seeing guys like Jordan or Redmond on the field. These later round picks can be very important. Especially having this many.

Those later round picks should really be viewed as currency for trading up to get that depth player in late 3rd round.  What depth there is to find in these later rounds are rarely depth for long.  Slightly more than 1 in 4 of them will ever get a second contract by the team that drafted them.

Quote: 71.8 percent of players drafted in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 are retained by the team that drafted them.

Only 28.2 percent of players drafted in Rounds 4, 5, 6 and 7 were retained at the end of their first contract—which is a number that is largely supported by an abundance of fourth-round picks re-upping. Rounds 5, 6 and 7 made up 16.7 percent of the 28.2 percent total.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:13 PM)jason Wrote: Let's hope so... But aren't these the very rounds that spawned Jordan, Finley, and Redmond? Granted Redmond was from the prior regime.

Redmond was undrafted.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:14 PM)Burma Wrote: Those later round picks should really be viewed as currency for trading up to get that depth player in late 3rd round.  What depth there is to find in these later rounds are rarely depth for long.  Slightly more than 1 in 4 of them will ever get a second contract by the team that drafted them.

The Bengals tend to find some good players in the 4th. Geno, Lawson, Boling, Geathers, Rudi...

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals tend to find some good players in the 4th. Geno, Lawson, Boling, Geathers, Rudi...

Worth noting that only 1 of that list is in the last 9 drafts spanning 14 4th round picks, and that 1 never became a successful starter.

Odds are stacked against late round picks turning out to be much of anything. Generally lucky to just get role players out of it. Nothing wrong with role players as they're needed, but they're not going to turn a 4 win team into a 9+ win team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals tend to find some good players in the 4th. Geno, Lawson, Boling, Geathers, Rudi...

They have had some luck there, in the past.  Prior to Lawson you have to go back to the 2011 draft to find a notable name in Clint Boling, unless you want to count Bodine as a success.  You don't want to do that do you?. Currently the only 4th round picks still on the roster are Wren and Michael Jordan both selected in 2019. So that is something, I guess but not anything I would count as a success. 

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 01:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Redmond was undrafted.

Haha... Who'd have think???
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote