Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Wins
It's fun to look ahead...

11 wins last year would have won the division...the Bengals won 12. Does 11 wins do it this year? With the Ravens sitting there at 7-2 (and every other team at 5-3), I am thinking not. I think 12 does it.

Right now the Bengals have 5 wins. We likely need 7 more to win the division. Where do you see the wins?

Texans
@Ravens
Steelers
@Jags
Colts
Vikings

@Steelers
@Chiefs
Browns

I have bolded the games I count on as wins. That leaves 5 of the unbolded as "toss ups". We would need to win 3 of the 5 toss ups...essentially we can't lose more than twice in the remaining season.

What do you all think about the road ahead?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's fun to look ahead...

11 wins last year would have won the division...the Bengals won 12. Does 11 wins do it this year? With the Ravens sitting there at 7-2 (and every other team at 5-3), I am thinking not. I think 12 does it.

Right now the Bengals have 5 wins. We likely need 7 more to win the division. Where do you see the wins?

Texans
@Ravens
Steelers
@Jags
Colts
Vikings

@Steelers
@Chiefs
Browns

I have bolded the games I count on as wins. That leaves 5 of the unbolded as "toss ups". We would need to win 3 of the 5 toss ups...essentially we can't lose more than twice in the remaining season.  

Now do the Ravens....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Now do the Ravens....

Good idea...I am honeslty not sure what to make of their remaining schedule. I'd say the Rams is the only game on their schedule which I'd mark as a for sure win right now. 

Browns
Bengals 
@Chargers 
Rams 
@Jags 
@49ers 
Dolphins
Steelers 
Reply/Quote
Next 10 days is kinda brutal. Young Houston team Sunday then turn around have have to go to Baltimore on a Thursday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take this stuff one game at a time. The Texans are by no means a gimme game. Stroud is being productive and they have a history of beating us.

When I do look forward, I am hoping we can manage a wildcard and then have an amazing series of 4 games to win the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good idea...I am honeslty not sure what to make of their remaining schedule. I'd say the Rams is the only game on their schedule which I'd mark as a for sure win right now. 

Browns
Bengals 
@Chargers 
Rams 
@Jags 
@49ers 
Dolphins
Steelers 

You can likely give them the Chargers and Dolphins games as well.  Both of those offenses have shown to struggle against better defenses.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Next 10 days is kinda brutal. Young Houston team Sunday then turn around have have to go to Baltimore on a Thursday.

I would rather have our next two games than the Ravens. The Browns are looking to knock the Ravens down too. It's going to be a TOUGH game for both teams... then the Ravens have to play another tough division opponent on a short week. The schedule here is helping us out imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would rather have our next two games than the Ravens. The Browns are looking to knock the Ravens down too. It's going to be a TOUGH game for both teams... then the Ravens have to play another tough division opponent on a short week. The schedule here is helping us out imo.

Yea the Ravens won't have it any easier scheduling wise. I was just talking about the short prep week for one of the toughest defenses in football in Baltimore.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No easy wins in the AFCN. I have watched the Ravens and Browns play the last few weeks. Both have awesome defenses. Ravens offense has now hit its stride. Browns offense was struggling, bu yesterday Watson looked very good.

As for Texans or any other team we play, ni such thing as a cake walk in the NFL.

I think for us to win our division, we need 12 wins as a tie with Ravens or Browns likely we lose division tie breakers to then head to head if all of us have 11 wins.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would rather have our next two games than the Ravens. The Browns are looking to knock the Ravens down too. It's going to be a TOUGH game for both teams... then the Ravens have to play another tough division opponent on a short week. The schedule here is helping us out imo.

See, I view it as must win versus the Ravens, as we will most likely see them again in the Wildcard Round, just like last year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I view it as must win versus the Ravens, as we will most likely see them again in the Wildcard Round, just like last year.

The Ravens are a must win for the division 100%. Not to get in the playoffs though. That's the only thing that matters. We've only had 2 home playoff games the last two years and we went 5-2. This team is so good I think we can beat anyone anywhere. We need to prove it though and I think we can as long as we stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Winning primetime games on the road is tough, especially for Thursday games. We will need to play pretty much perfect if we wanna win that last ravens game. Monday night in Jax will be tough as well. I think we can beat the remaining teams on our schedule, with the 3 I think we are most likely to lose being @Baltimore, @Jax, and @KC.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Next 10 days is kinda brutal. Young Houston team Sunday then turn around have have to go to Baltimore on a Thursday.

On the plus side, the Ravens will be coming off playing the Browns. That's going to be a slugfest between who can hurt each other the most.

EDIT: I see this has already been pointed out a couple of times. I'll see myself out... lol
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 02:04 PM)Earendil Wrote: On the plus side, the Ravens will be coming off playing the Browns. That's going to be a slugfest between who can hurt each other the most.

EDIT: I see this has already been pointed out a couple of times. I'll see myself out... lol

That point can't be emphasized enough, plus Baltimore will be on a short rest week, just like the Bengals.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think we win out. Mellow

Not kidding. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:36 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I would take this stuff one game at a time. The Texans are by no means a gimme game. Stroud is being productive and they have a history of beating us.

When I do look forward, I am hoping we can manage a wildcard and then have an amazing series of 4 games to win the Super Bowl.

It's funny to me when fans say this like we are on the team and it matters. 

We are fans, there's no harm in looking ahead and just discussing the remaining schedule. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's fun to look ahead...

Texans
@Ravens
Steelers
@Jags
Colts
Vikings

@Steelers
@Chiefs
Browns

If I had to rank them, easiest to hardest: 

1. Colts at home. 
2. Vikes at home. No Cousins (or Jefferson?).  
----------
3. Texans at home. 
4. Steelers at home. 
5. At Pittsburgh 
-------------
6. At Jacksonville. 
7. Browns at home. 
----------
8. At Chiefs 
9. At Ravens

The top 2 should be fairly easy wins. We should win the next three but there will be challenges. I view the next two as tossups. We are dogs in KC and Balt, but we could still win. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 01:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good idea...I am honeslty not sure what to make of their remaining schedule. I'd say the Rams is the only game on their schedule which I'd mark as a for sure win right now. 

Browns
Bengals 
@Chargers 
Rams 
@Jags 
@49ers 
Dolphins
Steelers 

Ravens are the most balanced team in nfl right now, 5 homes is big, I see browns rams Dolphins,  chargers as wins,  a loss to them in 2 weeks will sink us for division. 
Reply/Quote

Although the Browns lost their left tackle for the next 4 games, on top of having lost their right tackle for the season. It might be a good time for the Ravens to be playing the Browns for that reason.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 03:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Although the Browns lost their left tackle for the next 4 games, on top of having lost their right tackle for the season. It might be a good time for the Ravens to be playing the Browns for that reason.

Aren't they also down a starting G, as well?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote