Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Worst NFL Head Coaches EVER
(07-15-2015, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like, probably, most others, i thought he should have been cut at that instant. It was blatant disrespect.

Maybe he should have been cut at the time but in hindsight (and in foresight, to many) Dave Shula was just a daddy's boy who was in way over his head and never would have sniffed the NFL if he had been born Dave Smith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe he should have been cut at the time but in hindsight (and in foresight, to many) Dave Shula was just a daddy's boy who was in way over his head and never would have sniffed the NFL if he had been born Dave Smith.

Absolutely correct. 

That was just the first big instance of Mike Brown thinking he could catch lightning in a bottle, simply because of the guys last name.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 07:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Absolutely correct. 

That was just the first big instance of Mike Brown thinking he could catch lightning in a bottle, simply because of the guys last name.

Well Mikey's dad was football genius, and he figured he was, too, so it must work with all other father/son combos, right? Figured he was getting Don Shula on the cheap.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 08:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well Mikey's dad was football genius, and he figured he was, too, so it must work with all other father/son combos, right?  Figured he was getting Don Shula on the cheap.

MBs thought process, "i'm the son of a football legend...he's the son of a football legend..."

We will team up to win all teh souperbowllzzzzzz!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The world is full of people who squander their parents accomplishments and wealth. Some never live up to expectations and some exceed them.
At least Shula was smart enough to get out of football and do something else. Managing a steak house isn't exactly the worse job on the planet.
As a young man I was a really good artist and my dad pushed me to go into commercial art which I hated with a passion. He was a print advertising executive so the opening was there and trust me that I disappointed at every turn. Well, 40 years later my dad now lives with me and my girlfriend and we've never gotten along better. There was a point when my dad thought of me as a dismal failure and drunk.. My how 40 years changes things..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: The world is full of people who squander their parents accomplishments and wealth. Some never live up to expectations and some exceed them.
At least Shula was smart enough to get out of football and do something else. Managing a steak house isn't exactly the worse job on the planet.  
As a young man I was a really good artist and my dad pushed me to go into commercial art which I hated with a passion. He was a print advertising executive so the opening was there and trust me that I disappointed at every turn. Well,  40 years later my dad now lives with me and my girlfriend and we've never gotten along better. There was a point when my dad thought of me as a dismal failure and drunk.. My how 40 years changes things..

Meh, Dave Shula went from working in the NFL because of his dad to managing a restaurant owned by his dad.  Color me unimpressed and/or jealous.  My ol' man worked in a factory and used to tell me "just try to do something you don't hate."
Reply/Quote