Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
700 WLW Taylor Interview with Mo Egger
Did anyone catch this and does anyone have an audio clip from it? It started at 6:05pm EST and I had to turn it off once they got into his time at UC. If anyone has any notable quotes or obviously a link, it would be very much appreciated!

Most notable to me was when Taylor said he wants Andy to let him know what’s most comfortable to him as far as play calling and game planning. Sounds like Dalton will have more control at the line when it comes to audibles and such.

From everything else I heard, it was mostly answers heard from today’s presser, but he got a little more into Dalton and I can’t help but notice how much he really is excited to have him as his starting QB. It’s got me excited and I’ve admittedly tickled the idea of trading Dalton this offseason. I believe Taylor will truly do what he has to to solidify the o-line this offseason. It should be priority #1 if he wants to win right away.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:18 PM)Takedown Wrote: Did anyone catch this and does anyone have an audio clip from it? It started at 6:05pm EST and I had to turn it off once they got into his time at UC. If anyone has any notable quotes or obviously a link, it would be very much appreciated!

Most notable to me was when Taylor said he wants Andy to let him know what’s most comfortable to him as far as play calling and game planning. Sounds like Dalton will have more control at the line when it comes to audibles and such.

From everything else I heard, it was mostly answers heard from today’s presser, but he got a little more into Dalton and I can’t help but notice how much he really is excited to have him as his starting QB. It’s got me excited and I’ve admittedly tickled the idea of trading Dalton this offseason. I believe Taylor will truly do what he has to to solidify the o-line this offseason. It should be priority #1 if he wants to win right away.

Agreed, on the offensive side of the ball, oline MUST be a priority for a fast turnaround. He seemed quite excited about his skill players in his presser.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One more note.... I'm really digging this guy's desire to get input from everywhere, especially his players. Sounds like he's already scheming to his players' strengths.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: One more note.... I'm really digging this guy's desire to get input from everywhere, especially his players. Sounds like he's already scheming to his players' strengths.

That's one thing that I've heard/read about the good coaches, many times through the years.  They take a look at the talent they have, and devise a play scheme that plays to their strengths, and then continue to build from there, once the execution becomes automatic.  I saw what you wrote somewhere else, about Taylor being a follower of Dalton, since he was playing HS ball in Katy TX., and I agree that he's going to get along well with Andy.  What I'm most curious of, is Taylor going to be able to get Ross to live up to his potential?  Ross getting 45-60 catches could possibly help extend AJ Green's playing life by a couple years.  I'd love to see AJ able to hang on long enough to see some real success.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's one thing that I've heard/read about the good coaches, many times through the years.  They take a look at the talent they have, and devise a play scheme that plays to their strengths, and then continue to build from there, once the execution becomes automatic.  I saw what you wrote somewhere else, about Taylor being a follower of Dalton, since he was playing HS ball in Katy TX., and I agree that he's going to get along well with Andy.  What I'm most curious of, is Taylor going to be able to get Ross to live up to his potential?  Ross getting 45-60 catches could possibly help extend AJ Green's playing life by a couple years.  I'd love to see AJ able to hang on long enough to see some real success.

Agreed. From what I recall from the choppy feed, he mentioned knowing about his time in Katy. ZT was a grad assistant? under father in law at A&M. So it makes sense.

As for Ross, I think that'll be up to John Ross. Amen about AJ. If anyone deserves it.....

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 10:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: One more note.... I'm really digging this guy's desire to get input from everywhere, especially his players. Sounds like he's already scheming to his players' strengths.

I mean what kinda coach schemes to his players strength....

This is unheard of....

We need to fire this bum now before he starts asking players to design plays too..

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:18 PM)Takedown Wrote: Did anyone catch this and does anyone have an audio clip from it? It started at 6:05pm EST and I had to turn it off once they got into his time at UC. If anyone has any notable quotes or obviously a link, it would be very much appreciated!

Looks like trading Dalton is out the window with how much Taylor likes him.

Sounds like he is going to give Dalton lots of control at the Line of scrimmage and of course like you said if he wants to win right away he is going to have to get that Line shored up in front of Dalton. This to go along with the way he worked with the young receivers of the Rams, namely Kupp gives me hope for Ross waking up.

Mixon should also be really excited for this up coming season.

(02-05-2019, 10:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: One more note.... I'm really digging this guy's desire to get input from everywhere, especially his players. Sounds like he's already scheming to his players' strengths.

Yes sir, that is what you need to do if you are a young Head Coach, absorb as much as possible.

Scheming to players strengths? That is something i always thought our last coach was not very good at, nor our other Coordinators besides Zim and Hue. This guy seems open to all possibilities which is something you need to adapt.

(02-05-2019, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's one thing that I've heard/read about the good coaches, many times through the years.  They take a look at the talent they have, and devise a play scheme that plays to their strengths, and then continue to build from there, once the execution becomes automatic.  I saw what you wrote somewhere else, about Taylor being a follower of Dalton, since he was playing HS ball in Katy TX., and I agree that he's going to get along well with Andy.  What I'm most curious of, is Taylor going to be able to get Ross to live up to his potential?  Ross getting 45-60 catches could possibly help extend AJ Green's playing life by a couple years.  I'd love to see AJ able to hang on long enough to see some real success.

Pretty cool he knows so much about Dalton, has watched every TCU snap Dalton took.

I am calling it, Ross will be our breakout player under Taylor.
Reply/Quote

What a novel concept?  Rex Burkhead agrees with this statement.
Reply/Quote