Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-0.........Really?
(11-07-2015, 06:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I saw this yesterday.  Basically, for this to happen, the Bengals would have to go 3-5 from here on out and the Steelers would have to go undefeated.  It's seriously the most idiotic prediction that I've heard in quite a long time.

AND...I'm not convinced Oakland won't steal one today. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:00 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: Heath Evans is a complete idiot. There is no chance that the Steelers will catch the Bengals to win the AFC North. It would take a complete meltdown for that to happen. The Steelers do not have the talent that the Bengals have and it is not even close. Cincy is arguably the deepest team in the league and can beat anyone. The only hope for the Steelers would be 2016 when the records begin at 0-0 but forget 2015 because this is the year of the tiger. Who Dey

crazy things have happen in sports before.. nothing is a for sure until it is official... injuries, bad play or bounce of the ball... you just never know.

Now predicting the Steelers though to pull off the miracle, I would have liked to have explained how he sees  this miracle coming back.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 12:08 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Now THIS season.....is just what the doctor ordered.

So has anyone seen if Denny is super active on Reddit or Facebook? He said he'd move there when the boards shut down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the first year that "homers" had it right. Hilarious

every year... 16-0 until we lose a game... then 15-1 etc... lol

But generally its not expected.

Now if they dont start 8-0 next year there will be folks saying they regressed.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the first year that "homers" had it right. Hilarious

Wasn't there a sig bet on the mothership about whether or not we would win over 4 games in 2011?  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Negative!  My definition of a 'homer' is a fan that realizes that he/she has no input to the team whatsoever, and does not spend time carrying on ranting and raving as if her/she were a coach and did have some say so in what happens, realizes they can only root for whatever hand the coaches deal him/her, hope for the best staying with a positive attitude, and hoping that things get better as the season(s) roll on, if the hate gets so heavy and he/she gets tired of hearing about, they refuse to debate it, stick with their team through thick and thin, go on with other much more important things in their lives and keep football and the Bengals in proper perspective.

(11-07-2015, 11:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I've been warned about you.

Congratulations, you just made the All Homer, All the Time, I Realize Whatever I Think About The Bengals Will Not Make Any Difference Whatsoever, So Why Be One Of Those People Who Isn't Happy Unless Their Bitching About The Team, and Would Rather Be Right and Think They Know Everything, Ignore List!

Your idea of what constitutes a fan sounds incredibly boring, not to mention judgmental of other fans. If we never discussed scenarios and what-if's, these boards would've died a long time ago. If there weren't more than one perspective, there would be no debates, and that's what allows these boards to thrive.

There's more than one way of being a fan, and you'd probably be better off if you realized and accepted that fact. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:02 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Wasn't there a sig bet on the mothership about whether or not we would win over 4 games in 2011?  

Does betting on your team to win 5 games really make you a "homer"? It's not like they stuck their necks out THAT far.

...and yes I lost that bet and had to rock the Richard Simmons sig, but my point still stands.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Your idea of what constitutes a fan sounds incredibly boring, not to mention judgmental of other fans. If we never discussed scenarios and what-if's, these boards would've died a long time ago. If there weren't more than one perspective, there would be no debates, and that's what allows these boards to thrive.

There's more than one way of being a fan, and you'd probably be better off if you realized and accepted that fact. 

I pointed no fingers at anyone whatsoever. I described the kind of fan I am.....period!

1.  Maybe you should re-read the post as it clearly described, MY ignore list.

2.  You shouldn't judge and accuse others of things they've never done.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I pointed no fingers at anyone whatsoever. I described the kind of fan I am.....period!

1.  Maybe you should re-read the post as it clearly described, MY ignore list.

2.  You shouldn't judge and accuse others of things they've never done.   Wink

Yeah. No smugness or condescension at all.  Rolleyes 

bengalguy71 Wrote: Wrote:Negative!  My definition of a 1. 'homer' is a fan that realizes that he/she has no input to the team whatsoever, and does not spend time carrying on ranting and raving as if her/she were a coach and did have some say so in what happens, 2. realizes they can only root for whatever hand the coaches deal him/her, hope for the best staying with a positive attitude, and hoping that things get better as the season(s) roll on, 3. if the hate gets so heavy and he/she gets tired of hearing about, they refuse to debate it, stick with their team through thick and thin, 4. go on with other much more important things in their lives and keep football and the Bengals in proper perspective.

1. I'm sure everyone here realizes that we have no input on the team. Like I said though, some like to discuss moves we'd like to see the team make. This doesn't mean people "lack perspective" or any other silliness.

2. Again, we all realize this, so stop.

3. There is no "hate" on these boards, outside of the occasional troll. We all stick by the team, that's why we're here. 

4. Get off your high horse. You know nothing about anyone's personal life outside of these boards.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah. No smugness or condescension at all.  Rolleyes 

1. I'm sure everyone here realizes that we have no input on the team. Like I said though, some like to discuss moves we'd like to see the team make. This doesn't mean people "lack perspective" or any other silliness.

2. Again, we all realize this, so stop.

3. There is no "hate" on these boards, outside of the occasional troll. We all stick by the team, that's why we're here. 

4. Get off your high horse. You know nothing about anyone's personal life outside of these boards.

Wink

I don't argue or debate such foolishness.

Congratulations, you made the list. Glad to have you aboard.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't argue or debate such foolishness.

Congratulations, you made the list. Glad to have you aboard.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4. Get off your high horse. You know nothing about anyone's personal life outside of these boards.

If you'd like to acquiesce, there are some on here that will certainly give it to you personal.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Does betting on your team to win 5 games really make you a "homer"? It's not like they stuck their necks out THAT far.

...and yes I lost that bet and had to rock the Richard Simmons sig, but my point still stands.

My only point was that this year is hardly the first time that "homers" got it right.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't ask Heath Evans how the Bengals are doing though.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572805/article/2015-nfl-midseason-predictions-afc-wildcard-race-heating-up

He still thinks the Steelers are going to win the division. LOL

Who is Heath Evans?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yawn

Apparently he thinks making his list is a bad thing. I find comfort in knowing I won't have to endure another one of his incoherent replies to my posts. Unfortunately, blocking him doesn't do much good, since quotes bypass that.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yawn

(11-11-2015, 11:51 AM)Utts Wrote: Apparently he thinks making his list is a bad thing. I find comfort in knowing I won't have to endure another one of his incoherent replies to my posts. Unfortunately, blocking him doesn't do much good, since quotes bypass that.

[Image: frabz-You-just-made-the-List-buddy-8b2ba...zpkh3c.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: frabz-You-just-made-the-List-buddy-8b2ba...zpkh3c.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 07:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If you'd like to acquiesce, there are some on here that will certainly give it to you personal.  

I had to look this word up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 06:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I had to look this word up.

Reply/Quote
So... not going to lie. I kind of forgot we were 8-0 this past year.
That detail slips my mind for some reason.

I forgot how awesome that was to have at that point in the season.
Reply/Quote