Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-0 when hill gets 15+
When hill gets 15 or more carries a game the bengals are 8-0. Maybe it's a coincidence. Either way, with AJ starting, I think we need a heavy dose of hill.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:53 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: When hill gets 15 or more carries a game the bengals are 8-0. Maybe it's a coincidence. Either way, with AJ starting, I think we need a heavy dose of hill.

I'm sure the Steelers think that too.  We have to win at the LOS.  Will be interesting to see if we can.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think most of stats about a RB having a certain amount of carries equaling a win are more about teams having a lead and running the clock out than anything else. I good game plan and playing to the other teams defense's weakness will work either way.
Reply/Quote
Factor in the rain, hill needstation to really break out saturdsy
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:57 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Factor in the rain, hill needstation to really break out saturdsy

I hope it rains hard all game!
Reply/Quote
Our 306lb FB #44 is a road grader!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:53 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: When hill gets 15 or more carries a game the bengals are 8-0. Maybe it's a coincidence. Either way, with AJ starting, I think we need a heavy dose of hill.

steelers weakness is the secondary.... we have to attack the weakness.

and the way hill has been running its purely coincidence for this season... unless that stat includes last year.
Reply/Quote
Question for you stats studs.......where does CRAPSburgh rank against the RUSH? Thanks
Reply/Quote
When people quote stats like these they don't think about it past what they read.

If a team is up going into the second half they run more. If a team is way down they throw more and run less. So when you say the Bengals are 8-0 when Hill gets X amount of carries those are likely the games the Bengals controlled from the beginning.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:57 PM)M.W. Wrote: I hope it rains hard all game!
Why so, Hill can fumble 15 times?
I hope he has a game huge tomorrow but I'm nervous
Reply/Quote
It's a good stat, but it can't be used to predict future outcome. If so, a team would just simply run 15 running plays in a row and then pack it in. Automatic win.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: I think most of stats about a RB having a certain amount of carries equaling a win are more about teams having a lead and running the clock out than anything else. I good game plan and playing to the other teams defense's weakness will work either way.

Exactly, total "correlation does not equal causation" statistic.  We can give Hill 15 carries in the first half if we want, but if it isn't effective we ought not do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:27 PM)Whacked Wrote: Question for you stats studs.......where does CRAPSburgh rank against the RUSH? Thanks

Top 5 and Bottom 5 against the Pass so it will be interesting to see what we do.. I do believe weather might dictate some of the game plan... Pittsburgh is out Williams and will look to throw more than us I would assume, weather will make that a bit tougher for Steelers
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:56 PM)M.W. Wrote: I think most of stats about a RB having a certain amount of carries equaling a win are more about teams having a lead and running the clock out than anything else. I good game plan and playing to the other teams defense's weakness will work either way.

^^^^ This.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

This.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the way hill has been running its purely coincidence for this season... unless that stat includes last year.

Maybe not coincidence.  Just logic in reverse.

He sees that many carries if and only if the Bengals have a comfortable lead.
Reply/Quote
Allen from Baltimore had 77 yards on 17 carries just 2 weeks ago. I think there is success to be had in the run game. Need the defense to stop Pitt and allow us to play either with a lead or close enough keep pounding the rock. Hue also needs to be patient with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:11 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Maybe not coincidence.  Just logic in reverse.

He sees that many carries if and only if the Bengals have a comfortable lead.

not winning because hill carrys it 15 times but hill carries it 15 times cause we are winning.. got it
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure the Steelers think that too.  We have to win at the LOS.  Will be interesting to see if we can.

And that's been a problem.  I liked the addition of Fisher and Ogbuehi in the run packages.  Both of those guys had nice blocks that sprung Hill for a TD against Baltimore.  Hopefully we see more of those types of plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Top 5 and Bottom 5 against the Pass so it will be interesting to see what we do.. I do believe weather might dictate some of the game plan... Pittsburgh is out Williams and will look to throw more than us I would assume, weather will make that a bit tougher for Steelers

Thank you. 
Reply/Quote