Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-1 - Predict the NEXT 7 games
(11-06-2015, 02:33 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People are saying the same thing about the Bengals; "They haven't beaten anyone good".  I don't buy that for any team, really. You can only play who is on your schedule.

....and I don't count "probably losses" as something against a team.

They've both played very well, and each have had a couple slip ups, just like all but 3 NFL teams have had.

Looking back at it, completely destroying the Raiders in an away game seems more impressive than first thought.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Saints, Bears (without Cutler, and Jefferys), 49ers, Lions, Ravens, Browns.... Man that's just an amazing line of teams the Cardinals beat (lost to a Ben-less Steelers, and the Rams)

Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, 49ers.... Damn they must both be amazing teams to beat those opponents! (Lost to the Redskins, Ben-less Steelers, and Packers)

Give me a break. Both are highly overrated. We will easily beat both.

Again, you're bringing up an uncontrollable schedule.  It's especially silly when you bring it up considering the Bengals have beaten powerhouses such as Baltimore, Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo, Oakland and San Diego, along with Seattle and Pittburgh....teams you're dismissing when talking about other teams' wins.

They're good teams.  Not every good team is undefeated.  If you do not consider them good, who do you?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:47 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Looking back at it, completely destroying the Raiders in an away game seems more impressive than first thought.

I agree. The Raiders are looking like a fine football team.  

...but who have they beaten? Baltimore, Cleveland, San Diego, and New York? Some here (not I) would say that makes them not a very good team.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Again, you're bringing up an uncontrollable schedule.  It's especially silly when you bring it up considering the Bengals have beaten powerhouses such as Baltimore, Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo, Oakland and San Diego, along with Seattle and Pittburgh....teams you're dismissing when talking about other teams' wins.

They're good teams.  Not every good team is undefeated.  If you do not consider them good, who do you?

Bengals, Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Vikings. That's over 20% of the league right there. I think all of those teams could beat the Cardinals or the Rams. There are other teams that would be a iffy game like the Raiders, Bills, Jets, Steelers (already beat both of them while Ben was out).
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:54 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I agree. The Raiders are looking like a fine football team.  

...but who have they beaten? Baltimore, Cleveland, San Diego, and New York? Some here (not I) would say that makes them not a very good team.

Honestly, there aren't that many "good" teams.

There's only 11 teams with winning records. But 3 of those 11 only have 4 wins.

So that's 8 teams with more than 4 wins. Bengals are one of them.

But they beat 3 teams with 4 wins so far (Seahawks, Steelers, Raiders).

Patriots beat the Steelers and Jets, the best two teams they played against. Both only have 4 wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bengals, Patriots, Packers, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, Vikings. That's over 20% of the league right there. I think all of those teams could beat the Cardinals or the Rams. There are other teams that would be a iffy game like the Raiders, Bills, Jets, Steelers (already beat both of them while Ben was out).
Only 7 good teams in the league?  Ok.  

...and the Raiders, Bills, Jets, and Steelers all being better than the Cardinals and the Rams? Ok again.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:50 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Why do you see us losing to a Bell-less Steelers team at home?  

That was my thought also - I see 14-2.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Upset by the Rams.

Think Bengals win 2 of these 3 games steelers, Az, or the Bronco's as well.

But that means they lose one.

14-2

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still dreaming of 19-0 though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario is dropping a game in Cleveland and the broncos knocking us out of the first two seeds.

If we beat Denver...I could see the AFC playoffs having 2 undefeated teams...crazy stuff.
Reply/Quote
The Rams have a really good defense and a good running game and along with the Broncos have the best chances of beating the Bengals. The Cardinals game will be really interesting since they have Gresham and of course Carson.

It is extremely difficult to go unbeaten so it seems to me that the Bengals might have one loss against the tougher teams (St. Louis/Arizona/Pittsburgh) and another loss against someone they are "supposed" to beat (Houston, Baltimore, San Francisco). Still, this is the year Andy gets the playoff monkey off his back and as a number one seed the Bengals blow out a cannon fodder wild card team such as Oakland or Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:33 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: People are saying the same thing about the Bengals; "They haven't beaten anyone good".  I don't buy that for any team, really. You can only play who is on your schedule.

....and I don't count "probably losses" as something against a team.

They've both played very well, and each have had a couple slip ups, just like all but 3 NFL teams have had.

Don't you mean all but 4? Why does everyone forget that Carolina is undefeated in addition to the 3 undefeated AFC teams?
Reply/Quote
All I care about is 1-0 over the next 10 days Wink
Reply/Quote
How come no one is predicting 8-8?

Wasted

Wasted

Wasted
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
You have GOT to be kidding me! How, after all you've seen, are you gonna take Pissburgh?

Bang Head

STOP IT WITH THAT! Please? Can we? If not now, when?
Reply/Quote
I think we'll lose 2 total games to the Steelers/Rams/Cards/Broncos

14-2.

First round bye.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:48 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Now that we're 8-0, predict the next 8 games:

Ok, and I will point out that I had the first loss to the Cards stated on a post in WEEK 3.  (puffs out chest)  Rolleyes

vs Texans- Not quite as beat up as they were on the short week after puttzburgh, the Bengals get Andre Smith back and win over the Texans rather easily:  

Bengals 24
Texans 13

@ Cardinals- Only because I see it as the toughest thing in the NFL:  traveling several time zones on a short week.  

Cardinals 24
Bengals 20

vs Rams- Bounce back game where the defense pounds Nick Foles.  Gurley held in check by the first real defense he sees.

Bengals 28
Rams 17

@ Browns- Browns play the Bengals tough, and they will be pulling out all stops.  But it still won't be enough.

Bengals 24
Browns 21

vs steelers- This game should have extra officials in case the starting ones injure their arms from throwing too many flags.  An absolute bloodbath.  Just hoping no one gets injured.  Bengals still too many weapons to overcome for pig ben and his band of assbags.

Bengals 27
steelers 20

@ 49ers- A close second to the Titans for worst team in the league.  Now starting Blaine Gabbert?  Not even close.

Bengals 31
49ers 14

@ Broncos- These two could be battling out for the two seed (must be nice to have New England's schedule) in this game.  It will be a slugfest.  I think the Bengals offense has more weapons and the running game will likely be a key difference in this game, which could be played in poor weather.

Bengals 20
Broncos 17

vs Ravens-  Any chance this team had ended with Steve Smith's Achilles Tendon.  

Bengals 28
Ravens 17

Now, I only gave the Bengals the loss at AZ due to the statistical odds of a team playing on a short week, traveling, and a good distance at that.  They are a better team than AZ.  They might just want to put the quitter on his back more than a dozen times.  If the Bengals beat the Texans, and then AZ to go 10-0, I honestly believe the Bengals will go undefeated.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:40 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think we'll lose 2 total games to the Steelers/Rams/Cards/Broncos

14-2.

First round bye.

The Cardinals game definitely has all signs of a difficult win:
West Coast Game
6 days after our Monday Night Game
Late at night in Primetime

Our only hope... Carson Palmer picking the wrong 6s
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Rams lost to the Redskins, and will probably lose to the Vikings. The Cardinals almost lost to the Browns, and they haven't beat any good teams yet this year. In fact they let bad teams almost beat them, and let a Ben-less Pittsburgh beat them.

Both teams are very overrated.

The only team that even has a chance at beating us is the Broncos, and I doubt that they will. Their offense isn't that good. Manning had 1 good game after a bye week. Once the end of the year rolls around he will have a gimp leg, blown out shoulder, and a f'ed up neck.

The bold is just ridiculous. There's certainly a chance we lose a lot of games coming up. Let's not get this far ahead of ourselves here.

I know it's fun to predict 16-0 and it's a great time to be a Bengals fan, but can't we just try to sound a bit more intelligent here?

I would bet you any amount of money you'd like that we will lose a game that you don't think there's "a chance" at losing.

Also, didn't the Bengals have a couple "almost losses" on our schedule too? Dang, we suck!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 08:59 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Don't you mean all but 4? Why does everyone forget that Carolina is undefeated in addition to the 3 undefeated AFC teams?

No, I mean 3.  And I'm including Carolina, who has looked good in every game just like New England and Cincinnati.  Denver has not.  They've actually looked pretty bad in about half of their games.  If it wasn't for that Defense, they'd be a .500 team.
LFG  

Reply/Quote