Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-21 for Marvin
against the Steelers, enough said............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
"50 Years of Excellence!!"

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Give him an extension and if AJ and Dalton don't do the dance of joy we will know they are cancers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin shouldn't be the head coach by the time that plane lands. Any man with half a brain and any common sense or desire to win, fires that man for the way his team played today against a mediocre steelers team after a bye week. Uninspired, and flat...he should be gone instantly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Marvin had a fine game. 2 for 2 on challenges, went for it on 4th down that resulted in a TD, had the offense ready to go at the beginning of the game, made the defensive adjustments at halftime, conserved Time outs.

Now Tomlin cost his team points with poor clock management at the end of the half.

I get folks want Marvin gone and frankly I don't care if they announce he is gone tomorrow, but let's pile on when he does something wrong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin had a fine game. 2 for 2 on challenges, went for it on 4th down that resulted in a TD, had the offense ready to go at the beginning of the game, made the defensive adjustments at halftime, conserved Time outs.

Now Tomlin cost his team points with poor clock management at the end of the half.

I get folks want Marvin gone and frankly I don't care if they announce he is gone tomorrow, but let's pile on when he does something wrong.

So...even a poor coaching job by Tomlin was better than a fine coaching job by Marvin?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marvin had a fine game. 2 for 2 on challenges, went for it on 4th down that resulted in a TD, had the offense ready to go at the beginning of the game, made the defensive adjustments at halftime, conserved Time outs.

Oh okay.

I thought the title of the thread was Marvin's overall record of 8-21 against the Steelers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, even a poor coaching job by Tomlin was better than a fine coaching job by Marvin?   Mellow

If you ignore talent on the field then yes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh okay.

I thought the title of the thread was Marvin's overall record of 8-21 against the Steelers.

It was........#ItsAllMarvinsFault
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: against the Steelers, enough said............

8-23 counting the playoffs, embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
Two weeks to prepare and this is what we get ? Giving up a touchdown on the first drive, Pittsburgh converting fake punts, never running Mixon in the 2nd half , going into victory formation down 15 just waving the white flag after another butt whopping by the big bully Steelers, pathic.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: ...going into victory formation down 15 just waving the white flag after another butt whopping by the big bully Steelers, pathic.

Yea, that kinda pissed me off, too.
**** IT - THROW A HAIL MARY!

Need to score a TD, recover onside kick, then another TD (2pt conversion)
Yea, it would take a miracle, but YA GOTTA AT LEAST TRY!
Reply/Quote
Where are all the posters who gave me shit on the bye week that I was negative about Marvin's poor record coming off the bye and against the Steelers?  

I'll tell you where hiding until we beat another crap team like the Browns and then all of a sudden we're a playoff contending team.

Give me a break, Lewis stinks. Quite frankly I don't want them winning enough to renew his contract. I want a Bengal team that has a shot to do something special and we know with Lewis on board it will Never happen.

btw
Redskins 3-2
Vikings 5-2
Bengals 2-4

for all you guys who cry we are going back to the 90's with Lewis gone.  Zimmer and Gruden seem to be doing just fine and not bringing their teams to a Bengals 90's status.
Reply/Quote
Marvin was raised a Steelers fan, correct?
IT SHOWS.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, that kinda pissed me off, too.
**** IT - THROW A HAIL MARY!

Need to score a TD, recover onside kick, then another TD (2pt conversion)
Yea, it would take a miracle, but YA GOTTA AT LEAST TRY!

Yeah not saying we would have won it was just embarrassing makes us look weak. Also Dalton throwing it out of bounds on a must have 4th Down was laughable.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Marvin was out scouting football games on Saturday because the roster needs an influx of talent.
Reply/Quote
In what world can a HC be totally owned by his biggest rival to the tone of 8-23 against them and still have a job ?

Here's to ya Mike Rock On ThumbsUp Clapping
Reply/Quote
Hate Marvin. The sight of him makes me want to nap.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone and frankly I don't care if they announce he is gone tomorrow, but let's pile on when he does something wrong.

I'm with you for the most part, here.  But this thread is about the guy winning 8 times in 31 tries over the span of 14 years.  This isn't exactly knee-jerk stuff
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In what world can a HC be totally owned by his biggest rival to the tone of 8-23 against them and still have a job ?

Here's to ya Mike   Rock On  ThumbsUp  Clapping

A mediocre head coach working for an unmotivated owner.

A marriage without accountability. Why would they ever part ways?  Whatever
Reply/Quote