Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 homicides in 1 day.
(09-10-2015, 08:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   That's the dilemma.  

However I am small governemnt.   Not zero government.  

One way or another something needs to be done.

"Committing people" as you suggested is one of the worst ideas ever. It's medieval.  Not surprising it is your suggestion.  Very, very christian of you.
(09-10-2015, 11:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How does that help us control the illegal weapons in Iran?  If you can't control the illegal weapons in your own country, you sure as hell aren't controlling the illegal weapons in a country in another hemisphere.

I don't understand how you can piss and moan so much over the Iran nuclear deal when you don't believe there is a single thing which can be done to control illegal weapons in this country.  Not a single thing.  In our own country.  With our own citizens.

I didn't piss and moan over the Iran nuclear deal.  I said it was a big nothing, which it is.

We already have laws to control illegal weapons in this country.  We already have laws about using guns to commit crimes. 

The rest of the talk about gun control is nonsense.
(09-10-2015, 02:08 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I didn't piss and moan over the Iran nuclear deal.  I said it was a big nothing, which it is.

We already have laws to control illegal weapons in this country.  We already have laws about using guns to commit crimes. 

The rest of the talk about gun arms control is nonsense.

If we can't control guns, then we can't control arms in general.  I don't understand why you're upset about the Iran nuclear deal because you believe any control is nonsense.
(09-10-2015, 11:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I own guns.  I hunt.  I'm prior military.  I don't assume every person is a murderous scumbag.  If a person is a law abiding citizen free of mental illness and no other red flags there is nothing they need to worry about when it comes to gun control.  It is a strange premise because it isn't correct at all.

Stricter gun control laws like mental health screenings and more background checks (those are already conducted by any licensed FFL dealer) make purchasing a gun more difficult and subject to things that could lead to overreach.  Former disgruntled employees have at times gone back to their place of business to kill people.  Does that mean that anyone that's fired or viewed as an "angry" employee should have their right to gun ownership taken away?  My dad was diagnosed with depression 20 years ago, and although he's never had any interaction with law enforcement aside from routine traffic tickets does that mean he loses his rights as well?

It's the old slippery slope thing here. 
(09-10-2015, 11:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What is so damn awful about a mandatory back ground check?  Or a gun safety course?

Any FFL has to conduct a background check.  I'm fine with a gun safety course. 

I don't see how either will move the needle on gun violence, but okay. 

Please let me know how you plan on implementing these plans effectively in inner-cities where the vast majority of gun violence takes place with stolen or illegally purchased guns.  
(09-10-2015, 02:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If we can't control guns, then we can't control arms in general.  I don't understand why you're upset about the Iran nuclear deal because you believe any control is nonsense.

My next door neighbor owning a legally purchased firearm.  Iran having a nuclear weapon.

One of those I view as a potential threat to my existence.  
(09-10-2015, 02:19 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: My next door neighbor owning a legally purchased firearm.  Iran having a nuclear weapon.

One of those I view as a potential threat to my existence.  

I don't know about your neighbor, but mine is from Canada Shocked  I don't trust him...at all.
(09-10-2015, 02:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't know about your neighbor, but mine is from Canada Shocked  I don't trust him...at all.

I don't blame you there.  F'n Canadians.

Know what the difference is between Canadian beer and urine?

Urine is warm.   ThumbsUp
(09-10-2015, 02:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't know about your neighbor, but mine is from Canada Shocked  I don't trust him...at all.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-10-2015, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Once more; I own guns, I hunt, prior infantryman, Ranger Regiment, RTB.  I'm in favor of gun control.  Does that make me a lefty?  Just stop with the bullshit.

Apart from the "lefty" slaps, he does have a point.
Were it presented with less aggression, I believe you would agree.
(09-10-2015, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Once more; I own guns, I hunt, prior infantryman, Ranger Regiment, RTB.  I'm in favor of gun control.  Does that make me a lefty?  Just stop with the bullshit.

I know several lefties that own guns, hunt, and/or been in the military so what's your point? Your comments refute nothing I said in my previous post.
(09-10-2015, 05:32 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I know several lefties that own guns, hunt, and/or been in the military so what's your point? Your comments refute nothing I said in my previous post.

Okay...

(09-10-2015, 08:06 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: I guess it doesn't matter to you lefties if she gets killed because she can't defend herself as long as afterwards she still votes for your candidates.

Let's start with the low hanging fruit.  For one, dead granny isn't going to vote for anyone after she is killed.  Okay?  I refuted something.  Satisfied?
(09-11-2015, 02:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's start with the low hanging fruit.  For one, dead granny isn't going to vote for anyone after she is killed.  Okay?  I refuted something.  Satisfied?

Since when did dead people stop voting Democrat?  Ninja
(09-11-2015, 10:14 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Since when did dead people stop voting Democrat?  Ninja

LMAO
(09-11-2015, 10:14 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Since when did dead people stop voting Democrat?  Ninja

LOl...never will, although you gotta believe Hillary has them rolling over in their graves.
(09-10-2015, 12:00 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Home burglaries, gangs, thugs, crooked cops.

Heck, there are websites that you can buy guns without a background check.  These places get away with it because of a loophole in FFLs that allow them to sell assault rifles and the like that you have to assemble yourself.  I've never purchased one in that manner because I don't trust them, nor would I ever purchase one in that manner.

I'll just simply say that I've always complied with government rules and regulations for firearms, but if the time came that it was either too big of a pain in the ass or illegal to purchase, I would go the illegal route. 

I'm a big believer in the law, but the law can't do anything to protect my family or myself until afterwards.  

The difference is clear.

Post a link to all the websites where I can buy heroine and we will compare it to the list I can post of where to buy guns.  And to be 100% honest with you if heroine was legal I would use it.  The only reason I don't use it is that it is not easily accessible.  And that is because it is illegal.

Requiring registration of all firearms and sales transactions will go a long way to ward limiting the access to weapons for criminals.  It will not make it impossible, but it will make it harder.  It will also make any unregistered gun subject to confiscation.  This would get a lot of weapons off the street because guns turn up all the time when officers are searching for other people/items and during safety pat downs officers do on people they are not even going to arrest.

None of this will keep a law abiding, sane person from owning a gun.  It will just reduce the number of guns held by irresponsible people.  It will also make sure that every person who owns a guns is properly trained.  This makes EVERYONE safer.  And finally people will be much more careful with how well they secure their weapons when they realize that anything that happens with one of thier weapons can be traced back to them.
(09-11-2015, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The difference is clear.

Post a link to all the websites where I can buy heroine and we will compare it to the list I can post of where to buy guns.  And to be 100% honest with you if heroine was legal I would use it.  The only reason I don't use it is that it is not easily accessible.  And that is because it is illegal.

Is this serious? 

For starters, guns are legal.  There are obviously restrictions about who can purchase them LEGALLY, as well as certain types of guns.

Heroin is illegal.  You do know the difference here, right?  There's no website that I know of where you can legally purchase heroin. 

I don't even see what the comparison is here.  Are you suggesting that we should treat guns like an illicit drug? 

In fairness, I'm in favor of legalization.  I don't look to government as an entity there to protect people from themselves, so perhaps that's why I don't really understand what the comparison is about here.
(09-11-2015, 03:22 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't even see what the comparison is here.  Are you suggesting that we should treat guns like an illicit drug? 

First of all you were the one who made the big deal about how making something illegal does not make it harder to get.  While I am not talking about making guns illegal I am recommending that every sale has to between licensed gun owners and the guns have to be registered.  If only licensed gun owners could buy guns then there would be no need for a background check.  It would actually make the buying/selling process easier/cheaper and much safer between licensed owners. 

As for the gun itself I am comparing it to an automobile. Every one has to be registered to its owner. They can cause lots of damage, and even death. Someone needs to be held responsible for them to make sure they are in safe hands.
(09-11-2015, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all you were the one who made the big deal about how making something illegal does not make it harder to get.  While I am not talking about making guns illegal I am recommending that every sale has to between licensed gun owners and the guns have to be registered.  If only licensed gun owners could buy guns then there would be no need for a background check.  It would actually make the buying/selling process easier/cheaper and much safer between licensed owners. 

Are you naive enough to believe that bad guys will comply with these somehow?  If you take away our large cities where gang violence, drug turf wars, and thug violence take place, we're one of the safest nations in the world....on par with countries who have gun bans. 
(09-11-2015, 03:36 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Are you naive enough to believe that bad guys will comply with these somehow?  

Yes I do.

This argument makes no sense.  I don't believe a law against murder will end all murder, but I honestly believe that if murder were legal there would be a huge increase in the number of people killing each other.

Same with things like heroine.  If it were legal a lot more people would use it.

If unregistered guns are illegal to possess then a lot fewer people will possess them.  And remember that I am not "outlawing" guns.  I am just requiring that all owners must be licensed and that all guns must be registered to an owner.  That would make it much easier to keep guns out of the hands of every punk on the street, but at the same time it would not prevent a single law-abiding, sane person from owning a gun.