Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
85-23
This is the score differential Zac Taylor has produced in his 2 games coming off bye weeks. I am a Marvin Lewis hater and wanted him gone saying nobody could do worse, well ZT has proved me wrong. Not only this but his decisions infuriate me. Who runs a fake punt and trots out his franchise QB behind a shotty o-line when a game has clearly been decided? Only Zac Taylor. This team is multiple o-line, d-line, and DB players from being a good team, but more importantly they need a better coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:08 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: This is the score differential Zac Taylor has produced in his 2 games coming off bye weeks. I am a Marvin Lewis hater and wanted him gone saying nobody could do worse, well ZT has proved me wrong. Not only this but his decisions infuriate me. Who runs a fake punt and trots out his franchise QB behind a shotty o-line when a game has clearly been decided? Only Zac Taylor. This team is multiple o-line, d-line, and DB players from being a good team, but more importantly they need a better coach.

I said it in the game day thread, and I'll say it here as well.

I am not defending Taylor, if he stays, or goes I'm still going to be here as a Bengal fan.

However, the coach doesn't fumble a punt or a catch. The coach doesn't get zero pressure on the QB, or whiff on blocks. The coach doesn't miss throws to WRs or drop catches. 

There is blame enough to go around, the team is bad. Change coaches all day, you'll get the same result until you change the roster over. There is so much dead weight on this team from a money perspective (Green, Atkins, etc) and young guys who are going to make mistakes till they get a season or two under their belt that you can't just blame any one area.

Need a GM. A real GM, who is not family and who knows football.

Need scouts, more of them to find talent in round 6 and 7 that can perform, (like other teams can do) and to cut down on the huge misses in round 1, (Ced, Price, Ross).

Fix the roster, fix the coaching, fix the front office. Don't pick one, you have to do all three or it is completely pointless.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I knew that there were people who could do worse than Marvin. I just also knew that there were people who could do better.

The Bengals just decided to hire the former rather than the latter. Almost like you shouldn't give the HC and offensive playcaller job to a guy who is coming off 1 year of Assistant WR Coach followed by 1 year of QB Coach just because he was in the same room as McVay at the time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:08 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: This is the score differential Zac Taylor has produced in his 2 games coming off bye weeks. I am a Marvin Lewis hater and wanted him gone saying nobody could do worse, well ZT has proved me wrong. Not only this but his decisions infuriate me. Who runs a fake punt and trots out his franchise QB behind a shotty o-line when a game has clearly been decided? Only Zac Taylor. This team is multiple o-line, d-line, and DB players from being a good team, but more importantly they need a better coach.

This is very well reasoned and well written!

The 2020 season proves the Bengals needed more than just a change at quarterback to be good.  Since January 9, 2016 this team has lost its edge, its will to win, and that special something the best teams have.  Between 2009 and 2015 -- with the exception of 2010 -- I could watch the Bengals knowing they had the potential not just to win but to dominate every game.  Did they always win?  No.  Were they dominant?  Sometimes.  However, between 2009 and 2015 the Bengals won a lot more than they lost!

Since Zac Taylor took over the Bengals have lost a lot of close games.  That's actually a sign of a very bad team.  Adding Joe Burrow really didn't improve the team's win ratio much, either.  This concerns me deeply because it means the team isn't deep with respect to talent and the talent the Bengals do have is being wasted by coaching incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is very well reasoned and well written!

The 2020 season proves the Bengals needed more than just a change at quarterback to be good.  Since January 9, 2016 this team has lost its edge, its will to win, and that special something the best teams have.  Between 2009 and 2015 -- with the exception of 2010 -- I could watch the Bengals knowing they had the potential not just to win but to dominate every game.  Did they always win?  No.  Were they dominant?  Sometimes.  However, between 2009 and 2015 the Bengals won a lot more than they lost!

Since Zac Taylor took over the Bengals have lost a lot of close games.  That's actually a sign of a very bad team.  Adding Joe Burrow really didn't improve the team's win ratio much, either.  This concerns me deeply because it means the team isn't deep with respect to talent and the talent the Bengals do have is being wasted by coaching incompetence.

Agree there is a level of incompetence, and sadly will still be here next year and possibly beyond. Good teams find ways to win, well ZT finds ways to lose. His incompetence shows in his post game interview when he was asked about leaving Burrow in. Said he left him in to try and gets points and gain momentum. Interesting strategy when the game is literally out of reach.
Reply/Quote
The guy has zero qualifications for either of his jobs. There is nothing in his career that anyone can point to and say that’s why we hired him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Marvin was mediocre, but had he left in 2015, he would have been good. But those last 3 losing seasons really hurt his legacy.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Marvin was mediocre, but had he left in 2015, he would have been good. But those last 3 losing seasons really hurt his legacy.

His legacy will always be the 0 for in the playoffs. He could get the team there, but just never could seem to get them to perform when it mattered most.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote