Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
86% of voters think Biden is too old for a 2nd term
A new ABC poll from Feb.8 to Feb. 10 say Biden is too old to serve a 2nd term. 73% of Democrats say Biden is too old.

Yesterday I saw a lot of Democrats and journalists come to Biden's defense. I find it interesting members of the media and Democratic politicians putting their own credibility on the line by defending Biden.

What does it say about the politicians ability to make sound decisions for their constitutes?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Did the poll that same pool regarding Trump? Because I bet it would have come close to that same 86%.

The vast majority of Americans want younger politicians rather than two octogenarians (or soon to be octogenarians), but these are the candidates we've been handed.
Reply/Quote
What does it say that Republicans are solidly lined up behind Trump? A man with as many if not more memory issues as Biden. A man who surrounds himself with incompetent sycophants. A man who has been credibly indicted on 91 different charges. A man who threatens our allies while supporting our enemies. A man who was willing to fo virtually anything to stay in office despite being defeated at the ballot box and in court?

Democrats at least acknowledge our concerns about Joe Biden. But if we have to elect a diminished Joe Biden to keep Trump, his Federalist Society handlers, his anti-American culture warriors, and pro-Putin yes men out of office, that is what we will do.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Did the poll that same pool regarding Trump? Because I bet it would have come close to that same 86%.

The vast majority of Americans want younger politicians rather than two octogenarians (or soon to be octogenarians), but these are the candidates we've been handed.

Voters will have their chance to vote against Trump in November. I am very certain Biden will not be there to vote against in November. The key was 73% of Democrats voted he is too old. I have not see one poll where Republicans have said Trump is too old, but be free to research it and prove me wrong.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Voters will have their chance to vote against Trump in November. I am very certain Biden will not be there to vote against in November. The key was 73% of Democrats voted he is too old. I have not see one poll where Republicans have said Trump is too old, but be free to research it and prove me wrong.

86% say Biden is, 62% say Trump, and 59% say both are.

Along partisan lines:
Quote:73% of Democrats think Biden is too old to serve but only 35% of Republicans think Trump is too old to serve. Ninety-one percent of independents think Biden is too old to serve, and 71% say the same about Trump.

That's from the ABC poll you're talking about.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll-americans-on-biden-age/story?id=107126589

Are you saying you think Biden will die before November?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:16 PM)pally Wrote: What does it say that Republicans are solidly lined up behind Trump?  A man with as many if not more memory issues as Biden.  A man who surrounds himself with incompetent sycophants.  A man who has been credibly indicted on 91 different charges.   A man who threatens our allies while supporting our enemies.  A man who was willing to fo virtually anything to stay in office despite being defeated at the ballot box and in court?

Democrats at least acknowledge our concerns about Joe Biden.  But if we have to elect a diminished Joe Biden to keep Trump, his Federalist Society handlers, his anti-American culture warriors, and pro-Putin yes men out of office, that is what we will do.

The age old fear mongering. The age old demonizing Trump supporters by the Biden and Democratic supporters.

Dean Phillips went to a Trump rally. Funny, he was very complimentary of those 50 or so he spoke to at the rally. Maybe instead of trying to demonize Trump supporters, you should spend more time looking at the policies during Trump and the policies during Biden. 

Sadly, you won't as Democrats can't run on Bidenomics, can't run on securing the border and illegal immigration and can't run on uniting the country.

Maybe it is time we have more policy discussion versus the personal attacks. I am not attacking Joe Biden by posting this thread, simply pointing out the obvious that now 86% of voters see including 73% on Democrats and a lot of Independents.

It Republicans vote Trump as their nominee, time will tell if a mistake was made if he loses. But if he wins in November, I would hope Democrats would be Patriotic this time around and help him all they can to turn the country around versus from day one doing all they can to make sure he does not succeed. If the president fails, we all lose, and under Biden is very obvious, we have all lost this country.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 86% say Biden is, 62% say Trump, and 59% say both are.

Along partisan lines:

That's from the ABC poll you're talking about.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll-americans-on-biden-age/story?id=107126589

How many Republicans say Trump is too old? Is it 73%? No, I think I see only 35% of Republicans think Trump is too old.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many Republicans say Trump is too old? Is it 73%? No, I think I see only 35% of Republicans think Trump is too old.

Right, was just following up to provide the information that you did not from the poll.

As for the more interesting part of your post

Quote:Voters will have their chance to vote against Trump in November. I am very certain Biden will not be there to vote against in November.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How many Republicans say Trump is too old? Is it 73%? No, I think I see only 35% of Republicans think Trump is too old.

Republicans think P01135809 is innocent of everything, never made a mistake and is the only savior for this country too...not sure they are a good metric for anything.  Smirk

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/majority-americans-think-both-biden-and-trump-are-too-old-serve-second-terms

[Image: graphic%201%20jpeg.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Did the poll that same pool regarding Trump? Because I bet it would have come close to that same 86%.

This whole age stuff is going to fizzle out as soon as Biden is out of the picture. As old as politicians trend, he's one of the few big names who is older than Trump.  Trump is going to be the face of the GOP until he dies, and he could live to be 100 for all we know.  It's possible that republicans only have a few months left where they can use age against the democrats, because anyone who logically replaces Biden is likely to be 15+ years younger than Trump himself.

Now of course a lot of republicans aren't going to logically look at Trump's age and be fair about it.  Much like how he is a very Christian man in their eyes, he's going to be a very young man in their eyes even when he's pushing or exceeding 80 years of age. I assume when you point out that Trump is 77 his supporters say that he has the brain and body and energy of a 40 year old, or something.  Like anything else, Trump is simply immune to critique by his base, even on something as objective as his age.  

Being age 77-81 while in office is not too old to be president to republicans...and if Trump doesn't win in 2024, being age 81-85 while in office won't be when they go to vote in 2028.  And it's not even "I'd rather the GOP find someone younger" like it is with democrats, it's simply "When Trump is old it doesn't count as a bad thing."  But like others have pointed out, Biden may not even be on the ballot in 2024, it'll be a 59 year old Kamala Harris or a 57 year old Gavin Newsom and suddenly being over the age of 75 won't matter to a lot of republicans.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 04:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This whole age stuff is going to fizzle out as soon as Biden is out of the picture. As old as politicians trend, he's one of the few big names who is older than Trump.  Trump is going to be the face of the GOP until he dies, and he could live to be 100 for all we know.  It's possible that republicans only have a few months left where they can use age against the democrats, because anyone who logically replaces Biden is likely to be 15+ years younger than Trump himself.

Now of course a lot of republicans aren't going to logically look at Trump's age and be fair about it.  Much like how he is a very Christian man in their eyes, he's going to be a very young man in their eyes even when he's pushing or exceeding 80 years of age.  I assume when you point out that Trump is 77 his supporters say that he has the brain and body and energy of a 40 year old, or something.  Like anything else, Trump is simply immune to critique by his base, even on something as objective as his age.  

Being age 77-81 while in office is not too old to be president to republicans...and if Trump doesn't win in 2024, being age 81-85 while in office won't be when they go to vote in 2028.  And it's not even "I'd rather the GOP find someone younger" like it is with democrats, it's simply "When Trump is old it doesn't count as a bad thing."  But like others have pointed out, Biden may not even be on the ballot in 2024, it'll be a 59 year old Kamala Harris or a 57 year old Gavin Newsom and suddenly being over the age of 75 won't matter to a lot of republicans.

Yea, I mean the fact that 86% of people think Biden is too old, 62% of people think Trump is too old, but somehow only 35% of Republicans believe that Trump is too old leads me to believe that the average votes along party lines were like:

Independent:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Democrat:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Republican:
Trump is NOT too old
Biden is too old

What a coincidence, right?

I'm still curious why Luvnit thinks Biden will be dead in November though...
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean the fact that 86% of people think Biden is too old, 62% of people think Trump is too old, but somehow only 35% of Republicans believe that Trump is too old leads me to believe that the average votes along party lines were like:

Well the manner by which the question is posed is the issue.  If you ask someone if someone who is 77-81 during term is too told to be president you'll get a different answer than if you indicate that person is Biden or Trump.  Biden was 77 in 2020, Trump will be 77 in 2024 right?  I assure you people who said Biden was too old to be president will vote for Trump in 2024 because 77 isn't too old to be president, BIDEN is too old to be president and 77 isn't ok for a president's age, 77 is ok for president TRUMP'S age. 

A good example of this was when conservatives were arguing that anyone over 70 shouldn't be in politics anymore, which would completely invalidate both of Reagan's terms.  A bit hypocritical, that.

And I don't think he said Biden would be dead, he just seems to think Biden will be off the 2024 ticket.  Given how many "Biden is way down and unpopular and is seen as old and genocide-ey" posts he makes, I have to admit it's fair of him to assume democrats want/need to tag in someone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the manner by which the question is posed is the issue.  If you ask someone if someone who is 77-81 during term is too told to be president you'll get a different answer than if you indicate that person is Biden or Trump.  Biden was 77 in 2020, Trump will be 77 in 2024 right?  I assure you people who said Biden was too old to be president will vote for Trump in 2024 because 77 isn't too old to be president, BIDEN is too old to be president and 77 isn't ok for a president's age, 77 is ok for president TRUMP'S age. 

A good example of this was when conservatives were arguing that anyone over 70 shouldn't be in politics anymore, which would completely invalidate both of Reagan's terms.  A bit hypocritical, that.

And I don't think he said Biden would be dead, he just seems to think Biden will be off the 2024 ticket.  Given how many "Biden is way down and unpopular and is seen as old and genocide-ey" posts he makes, I have to admit it's fair of him to assume democrats want/need to tag in someone else.

I thought that may be what he was thinking, but it's so delusional I thought it couldn't possibly be the correct answer. It's February 2024. There are no challengers for the Democratic nomination. Biden has got 96.2% of the primary votes in South Carolina, 89.4% in Nevada, and 63.9% in New Hampshire when his name was not even on the ballot. People had to write his name in, and he still won by nearly 50 points.

Biden has a better shot to be there in November than Trump does, who has gotten 54.3, 51, and 99.1 percent in New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada. 

Don't get me wrong, they'll both definitely be there, but if I was forced to pick one that was less likely to be there, the answer would be Trump, not Biden.
Reply/Quote
They sure both are too old for such a job ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 03:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Right, was just following up to provide the information that you did not from the poll.

As for the more interesting part of your post

No, I think when 73% of your own party believe you are too old, your presidency has been weak on the economy, border and foreign affairs (retreat from Afghanistan resulting directly in soldiers dying, putting more at risk and losing billions of military equipment all are issues.

The young voters also side with Palestine and gave him the nickname Genocide Joe. I hope is the Democratic candidate and Harris is the VP who has an approval rating less than 30 are the liberal nominees. But, Joe told us to watch him, well the very short time he gives remarks or answers questions tell us he thinks he is the VP, can't remember when or how Beau died. He speaks regularly to dead foreign leaders and spoke to the Mexican president to get foreign aide into Gaza versus the leader of Egypt. 

How disrespected do you feel leaders around the world feel when Biden gets their name wrong on gives their dead predecessor credit?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: They sure both are too old for such a job ...

If so, neither will be elected. If it is a fair election and Democrats cease to eliminate Trump in court, I will accept the outcome and pray the person who replaces Biden helps fix our country.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I thought that may be what he was thinking, but it's so delusional I thought it couldn't possibly be the correct answer. It's February 2024. There are no challengers for the Democratic nomination. Biden has got 96.2% of the primary votes in South Carolina, 89.4% in Nevada, and 63.9% in New Hampshire when his name was not even on the ballot. People had to write his name in, and he still won by nearly 50 points.

Biden has a better shot to be there in November than Trump does, who has gotten 54.3, 51, and 99.1 percent in New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada. 

Don't get me wrong, they'll both definitely be there, but if I was forced to pick one that was less likely to be there, the answer would be Trump, not Biden.

If you bothered to take a look at the GOP National polls, Trump wins in a landslide the nomination. I only say Biden because his own party does not trust him while the GOP has 65% who say Trump is not too old.

Democrats would vote for him anyway, the issue is Independents and his base is leaking badly. Democrats will replace him by the convention, only question is who they choose. Is it Harris who is next in line or do they also throw her to the curb due to her poor approval ratings (less than 30%)?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I mean the fact that 86% of people think Biden is too old, 62% of people think Trump is too old, but somehow only 35% of Republicans believe that Trump is too old leads me to believe that the average votes along party lines were like:

Independent:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Democrat:
Trump is too old
Biden is too old

Republican:
Trump is NOT too old
Biden is too old

What a coincidence, right?

I don't think either are too old for the job.  I do think that Biden has dementia and I do think that Trump is a vindictive egomaniac.  Also, to be fair, using the information provided, a significantly larger number of people think Biden is too old vs. Trump.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you bothered to take a look at the GOP National polls, Trump wins in a landslide the nomination. I only say Biden because his own party does not trust him while the GOP has 65% who say Trump is not too old.

Democrats would vote for him anyway, the issue is Independents and his base is leaking badly. Democrats will replace him by the convention, only question is who they choose. Is it Harris who is next in line or do they also throw her to the curb due to her poor approval ratings (less than 30%)?

Like I said, I have no idea why you are so convinced of this. It seems like you are just creating this idea out of whole cloth and imagination.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Like I said, I have no idea why you are so convinced of this. It seems like you are just creating this idea out of whole cloth and imagination.

Sorry to have to agree with him, I've been saying this for quite a long time.  You're an intelligent man, have you not seen the shift in press coverage of Biden of late?  Even left leaning news outlets are starting to raise doubts about Biden's fitness.  This is a radical shift in tone from the recent past.  Why the change?

Reply/Quote