Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-13-2019, 03:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?

Geez... will all you Dalton haters please let it go? We could get someone even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Thread title should be “If I was playing Madden this is what I’d do and if you don’t agree you’re dumb”.

LOL that’s so funny

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many people think it is easy to upgrade average to above average players. For example they say "Upgrade Dalton with a draft pick", but they don't realize how much of a crap shoot draft picks are. Of the 25 QBs taken in the first round since we got Dalton in 2011 only FIVE have a higher career passer rating than Dalton. Close to half (11of 25) have a career rating in the 60's or 70's.

Huber's average was not impressive but he was not near the bottom of the league. He was top 10 in punts downed inside the 20, and every punter who had more also had more punts. His ratio of punts downed inside the 20 (29) to touchbacks (3) was almost 10 to 1. That is excellent. Only one other punter in the league had both more downed inside the twenty and fewer touchbacks. So while you may say he is not worth $2.5 million my question is "Where is the obvious upgrade for less money?"

I can’t believe I am saying this but Fredtoast is right. Fredtoast goes up in my credibility index but he has to overcome the blindness defense of Paul Alexander for all those years

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And IF you do use say the 1st Round pick to try to upgrade QB...then you can't use that pick on offensive line which will make it harder for that QB to perform. Opportunity costs.

People are finally making sense. We have to upgrade the line before anything is done at QB. Football is easy if you all games are won in the trenches.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?

I have no doubt. Back in the day fans were marching on Riverfront with pitchforks to replace Ken Anderson with Turk Schonert (RIP). The offense was re-invented (with a two tight end scheme) and Kenny had an MVP worthy season with a trip to the Super Bowl. Given the right offensive scheme, and OL, Dalton could flourish and be among the best.
Reply/Quote
Dre and his 15 million salary need to be cut
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:53 PM)corpjet Wrote: Dre and his 15 million salary need to be cut

and replaced by who?  decent CBs are hard to find.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:53 PM)corpjet Wrote: Dre and his 15 million salary need to be cut

Yes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 01:46 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes. 

Replaced by whom?
Reply/Quote
FWIW

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/31/nfl-carryover-salary-cap-space-2019-bengals/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote