Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-13-2019, 06:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: Unless Jay Gruden throws a 1st for him......

I wouldn't take it.

A first round pick (especially at #13) would likely not be as good as Dalton.
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine drafting a QB and having him sit behind Dalton for a year. I'm also cool if they jettison Dalton this year.

Burfict should probably retire honestly - 7 concussions Tez...

Glenn is staying and the Huber talk is ridiculous. The guys a good punter.

Also, this years OL class is pretty weak, not sure if I'd waste a first on one. Second through third, fine. Just my two cents.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton is staying. I would imagine he gets one year with the new guy, they assess him from there and decide if they want to pick up someone new with upcoming QB classes looking good.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dalton is staying. I would imagine he gets one year with the new guy, they assess him from there and decide if they want to pick up someone new with upcoming QB classes looking good.

I want to say Dalton will be staying, BUT the new HC might fall in love with a QB in the draft. Then I think they draft them.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I want to say Dalton will be staying, BUT the new HC might fall in love with a QB in the draft. Then I think they draft them.

Even if? I bet he rides the bench first year at least? Damn, that’s the kind of thinking we are used to from Marvin.

Yikes, I’ve been brainwashed by 16yrs of Lewis! Freakout

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, AJ goes out and all Andy can do is hit his other receivers in the hands and in between the numbers and watch them drop it. Dammit Andy, Dammit... Ninja

Absolutely.  See Mohammed Sanu in 2014 season, when AJ Green was out for extended time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He likely gets at least a year, probably two if absurd compensation isn't offered in trade. If Taylor wants another quarterback, I suspect that he'll get his guy.

Given the proximity of the end of Andy's current deal, the new coaching staff, and the fact that this team is in a rebuild, it seems more likely than not that Andy will not be here after the next two seasons. The exception is obviously Andy going completely nuts in Taylor's system and there being no other reasonable option but to pay him big money.

At this point, it should be completely up to the new HC. Andy's a fairly smart qb and most coaches/coordinators seem to like his approach, so I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:16 PM)samhain Wrote: so I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was the same.

Shhhhhhhhh.... we have no clue who the next HC will be. Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
How good is the FA class. We need a starting MLB, G, Right Tackle, can't get all that in the draft. Plus I don't think Mike Brown will spend money in FA never has. Marvin wanted to spend but Mike wouldn't let him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:39 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Hopefully the new crew is forward thinking and they realize having to conform an entire nfl offense to hide the deficiencies of one player is a bad way to operate.

Um... Andy Dalton was ballin' this year for the first two months of the season or so.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:13 PM)jason Wrote: Um... Andy Dalton was ballin' this year for the first two months of the season or so.

You're arguing with someone who wants Tyrod Taylor to be our QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:13 PM)jason Wrote: Um... Andy Dalton was ballin' this year for the first two months of the season or so.

I thought he did well too. Plus, he orchestrated a few come back wins. Cool head. Pretty darn accurate MOST of the time. Plus, this year he wasn’t chucking it out of bounds every other play (exaggerated).

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:16 PM)McC Wrote: You're arguing with someone who wants Tyrod Taylor to be our QB.

Would rather have Tim Tebow. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:16 PM)McC Wrote: You're arguing with someone who wants Tyrod Taylor to be our QB.

Lord have mercy...

I know he has red hair and all, but is there another player in the history of the NFL who's own fanbase shits on him more than some of us do Andy Dalton?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dalton is fine when he has protection and isn’t forced to play in games where his biggest wr threat is Cody Core.

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little interested in drafting another qb and then let the best man win the job in camp. The problem with that is that there will be another bigger need that would be neglected in doing that. So that means you roll with Dalton one more season and if he doesn’t play well you’ll probably be in a situation where you can have the same conversation in what appears to be a better draft class next year.

As for this Tyrod Taylor pusher, what a clown.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Dalton is fine when he has protection and isn’t forced to play in games where his biggest wr threat is Cody Core.

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little interested in drafting another qb and then let the best man win the job in camp. The problem with that is that there will be another bigger need that would be neglected in doing that. So that means you roll with Dalton one more season and if he doesn’t play well you’ll probably be in a situation where you can have the same conversation in what appears to be a better draft class next year.

I dunno... Ol Tyrod was always a pretty good streaming option if your QB was on a bye in your fantasy league...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:32 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Dalton is fine when he has protection and isn’t forced to play in games where his biggest wr threat is Cody Core.

Seems to me that maybe the best time to find a QB is when you don't absolutely have to have one.  That way, desperation is not entering the equation. 

I would hope we would be open to drafting a QB if one ends up being available without having to give up too much to get him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:38 PM)McC Wrote: Seems to me that maybe the best time to find a QB is when you don't absolutely have to have one.  That way, desperation is not entering the equation. 

I would hope we would be open to drafting a QB if one ends up being available without having to give up too much to get him.

Very good point. Makes sense and hadn’t thought of it quite like that.

Reply/Quote
This is on the new guy. I’d like to see Dalton have a chance with our new coach. But that’s up to him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Would rather have Tim Tebow. Hilarious

DON'T USE THE 'T' WORD!!!
Reply/Quote