Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
Every possible matter is discussed in these interviews - personnel, draft position, cap space, training/rehab facilities, scouting department, team travel arrangements, possible assistants and players whom the candidate can attract, on and on.

Given Taylor's background, Dalton was probably one of the most important topic that both parties wanted addressed.

I see very few scenarios where he will be traded.

I don't understand OP's opinion. Football Teams are not desktop computers that you upgrade.

It's amazing.....I guess everyone has opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:33 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Every possible matter is discussed in these interviews - personnel, draft position, cap space, training/rehab facilities, scouting department, team travel arrangements, possible assistants and players whom the candidate can attract, on and on.

Given Taylor's background, Dalton was probably one of the most important topic that both parties wanted addressed.

I see very few scenarios where he will be traded.

I don't understand OP's opinion. Football Teams are not desktop computers that you upgrade.

It's amazing.....I guess everyone has opinion.

Yeah, you can't upgrade a football team. 

You can't upgrade positions via FA, trade or draft. 
Reply/Quote
They will need around 9 MIllion for the draft

That would leave around 75 million to upgrade various positions

LB, OL, (there are no TEs out there), DT
Reply/Quote
Even if the new HC goes after a QB in the draft I'd say it's most likely Dalton stays as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:37 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: They will need around 9 MIllion  for the draft

That would leave around 75 million to upgrade various positions

LB, OL, (there are no TEs out there), DT

75 million seems like a lot of money, but we would need 2 OTs, an OG, a QB, a CB, a LB (or two), a DT, and 2 TEs.

That is ten players and many of them are at high dollar positions (QB, LT, CB).

How many starters do you plan to get from the draft?

And as I said before it is easy to say "draft a better QB" but it is actually very hard to do.  The odds are that whoever we draft will not be as good as Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:35 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Yeah, you can't upgrade a football team. 

You can't upgrade positions via FA, trade or draft. 

In theory, i could be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and be a billionaire...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Drafting a QB for a little push on Dalton, preparing for the future and insurance is fine, but to suggest we cut and run from Dalton is idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:58 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: Drafting a QB for a little push on Dalton,

I don't know why so many people think Dalton is not trying as hard as he can.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:04 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Once they jettison Tez, Dalton, Huber and Glenn

That's a lot of money to rebuild the team with new OL, LB and a upgrade at QB via the draft

Dee Ford
CJ Mosely
Frank Clark

Daryl Williams
JuWuan James

Sheldon Richardson

Lot of players out there this money can go to, and also extend Boyd.

Draft: QB, OG, TE, LB top needs.

This team is going to be fun to watch once we have fully flipped the mediocre re-treads

Dalton makes 16 million in 2019. It appears your goal is to trade him and not replace him. So in 2019 your expectation is Driskel will lead us to the Super Bowl? If not, who is your guy and how much of the cap will it cost to replace AD?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many people think Dalton is not trying as hard as he can.

seems very concerned with his hair on the sidelines.  definitely trying in that regard.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: seems very concerned with his hair on the sidelines.  definitely trying in that regard.

Yes, but he seems to have that kind of Jimmy Johnson hair that never gets messed up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:04 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Once they jettison Tez, Dalton, Huber and Glenn

That's a lot of money to rebuild the team with new OL, LB and a upgrade at QB via the draft

Dee Ford
CJ Mosely
Frank Clark

Daryl Williams
JuWuan James

Sheldon Richardson

This team is going to be fun to watch once we have fully flipped the mediocre re-treads

considering they haven't don't any of those things this is one of them fake news thingys.  No facts just opinions to throw around
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, he will be here at least a few more years. I like Dalton. He's not Drew Brees, but he's not Blake Bortles either. If the Ravens can win a SB with Flacco, we can win one with Dalton. He's really not as bad as some say. He still has periods where he throws a little too high but I think him working with Van Pelt has helped his game. Hopefully another year working with him can improve some more. Plus, he's salary friendly. Opens up money for other position upgrades.

QB’s of Dalton’s caliber rarely win Super Bowls. Flacco got one, but played way better than Dalton ever has in the postseason. Ditto for Nick Foles. Dilfer won one with an All Time defense. Doug Williams won one as well. Did Hostetler win one? Who else has a ring that is comparable to Andy? Brad Johnson?

The Bengals have a serviceable QB, but do not have a dominant defense. Serviceable QB’s rarely get you titles. I’m not saying draft a QB with the 1st pick, but really, do we really expect a title with Andy under center? He’s shit the bed in epic fashion every game he’s played in the postseason. We’re going on 8 years in to the Andy experiment. Hoping for incremental improvement under Van Pelt seems like a lottery ticket long shot. Andy is decent, and is on a team-friendly contract, but the goal should be Lombardi trophies, not lining Mike Brown’s pockets. As evidenced by the other QB’s I mentioned above, the team will need a dominant defense with HoF talent to prop up a serviceable QB. The Ravens, Giants, Skins, and Buce had that. The Bengals aren’t there. It’s just hard to see how keeping Andy nets the team a shot at a title.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 75 million seems like a lot of money, but we would need 2 OTs, an OG, a QB, a CB, a LB (or two), a DT, and 2 TEs.

That is ten players and many of them are at high dollar positions (QB, LT, CB).

How many starters do you plan to get from the draft?

And as I said before it is easy to say "draft a better QB" but it is actually very hard to do.  The odds are that whoever we draft will not be as good as Dalton.

Which is precisely why the Browns tried this and went 0-16. You just can't fill all of those positions.

Out of all the guys mentioned, Dalton, Huber, Glenn, and Burfict...Glenn and Burfict are the lowest performers. They should theoretically be the easiest to replace from a performance standpoint. There just aren't a bunch of good Tackles in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?

Andy has been solid behind arguably one of, if not THE WORST offensive line in in the league.

Priorities this offseason should go RT, RG, LB, DT, TE and whatever else in that order.

QB position is one we don’t need to worry about right now.
Reply/Quote
Maybe this time we get a HC that plays to the strengths of the players instead of trying to impose a system that doesn't fit them.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Dee Ford
CJ Mosely
Frank Clark

Daryl Williams
JuWuan James

Sheldon Richardson

Glenn is one of only four OL (five if you could Taylor) that is still under contract with the Bengals. The others are Boling, Westerman, and Price.
The Bengals (very likely) will not remove Glenn and essentially only go with their emergency OT in Boling, and then get that many new OTs.
Why the desire to remove Huber? His cap number is only $2.75 mill for 2019 and he's still good. I'd rather jettison Randy Bullock.
Dalton would free up a ton of cap space but they would need to get a good replacement. In FA, Bridgewater may be the best option. In the draft, there MIGHT be someone but I don't really see any safe draft picks. They all have risks and/or question marks.
All for removing Burfict at this point.

What I don't understand...why pick up both Ja'Wuan James and Daryl Williams? They are both RTs. The only way this makes sense is if Boling moves to LT and Westerman to LG. But then you still would have one of those FA OT's be a backup, which I'm not sure either wants to do. I'd expect it'd cost over $12 mill a year to bring in both.

And you are out of your mind if you think the Bengals are going to bring in CJ Mosley, Dee Ford, AND Frank Clark. Those 3 right there will probably cost in the range of $40+ mill a year.
Richardson might still go for $7-8 mill a year. He got $8 for one year in MIN.

Bringing in just one of those two OTs you mentioned and CJ Mosley would already be a huge upgrade, and I don't think it's realistic to expect more than that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dalton makes 16 million in 2019. It appears your goal is to trade him and not replace him. So in 2019 your expectation is Driskel will lead us to the Super Bowl? If not, who is your guy and how much of the cap will it cost to replace AD?

He's mentioned a 1st round QB before.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's mentioned a 1st round QB before.

I was going off OP, but again who is the 1st round QB and will he be available at #11?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote