Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
Once they jettison Tez, Dalton, Huber and Glenn

That's a lot of money to rebuild the team with new OL, LB and a upgrade at QB via the draft

Dee Ford
CJ Mosely
Frank Clark

Daryl Williams
JuWuan James

Sheldon Richardson

Lot of players out there this money can go to, and also extend Boyd.

Draft: QB, OG, TE, LB top needs.

This team is going to be fun to watch once we have fully flipped the mediocre re-treads
Reply/Quote
Like it or not, Dalton isn’t going anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:12 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Like it or not, Dalton isn’t going anywhere.

Glenn is also unlikely to go anywhere.  Same with Huber.  Burfict is the only one of the three I can see them parting with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:12 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Like it or not, Dalton isn’t going anywhere.

Yep, he will be here at least a few more years. I like Dalton. He's not Drew Brees, but he's not Blake Bortles either. If the Ravens can win a SB with Flacco, we can win one with Dalton. He's really not as bad as some say. He still has periods where he throws a little too high but I think him working with Van Pelt has helped his game. Hopefully another year working with him can improve some more. Plus, he's salary friendly. Opens up money for other position upgrades.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, he will be here at least a few more years. I like Dalton. He's not Drew Brees, but he's not Blake Bortles either. If the Ravens can win a SB with Flacco, we can win one with Dalton. He's really not as bad as some say. He still has periods where he throws a little too high but I think him working with Van Pelt has helped his game. Hopefully another year working with him can improve some more. Plus, he's salary friendly. Opens up money for other position upgrades.

You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?

If we tailor the offense around Dalton's strengths (up-tempo, no huddle)?  Sure.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:28 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: You think our 9th year, 31 year old QB is gonna magically get better with some coaching tweaks?

Yes. Next question?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. Next question?

Hopefully the new crew is forward thinking and they realize having to conform an entire nfl offense to hide the deficiencies of one player is a bad way to operate.
Reply/Quote

Are you saying coaching has zero effect on a player's production?

If that is true then why are teams always changing coaches to try and improve?
Reply/Quote

Maybe our QB just needs for the rest of the offense to play up to his level?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe our QB just needs for the rest of the offense to play up to his level?

If the entire offense plays to his level. Everyone will be about league average to poor.

I’d hate to see that
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:49 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: If the entire offense plays to his level. Everyone will be about league average to poor.

I’d hate to see that

If everyone on the roster had Andy's pff grade (81.9) they would be playing right now lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:39 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Hopefully the new crew is forward thinking and they realize having to conform an entire nfl offense to hide the deficiencies of one player is a bad way to operate.

Or, they see the value in his talents and coach him up. Works both ways. He's a good leader and calms the guys down. He's confident as well. To your point, try to name a few teams, if any, that do not conform an offense around the QB? He's the captain of the ship. Your point is, well, pointless. Although, my gut tells me your not really a Dalton hater, you just like to stir the pot of controversy. I could be wrong, or right, who cares? LOL

I think you just need a hug.  Pervert

Reply/Quote

Dalton was having an MVP season in 2015....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:49 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: If the entire offense plays to his level. Everyone will be about league average to poor.

I’d hate to see that

Pick and choose posts that can elicit troll-worthy replies. 

Very transparent.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Thread title should be “If I was playing Madden this is what I’d do and if you don’t agree you’re dumb”.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: Glenn is also unlikely to go anywhere.  Same with Huber.  Burfict is the only one of the three I can see them parting with.

Agree. Dalton, Glenn, and Huber are likely back.

Burfict may be back also. Really depends on who the DC is.

Even if they draft a QB...I think Dalton is the starter this year. And, I bet he has a career year in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Thread title should be “If I was playing Madden this is what I’d do and if you don’t agree you’re dumb”.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 03:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Thread title should be “If I was playing Madden this is what I’d do and if you don’t agree you’re dumb”.

I don't even know that it's a good move on Madden...

That said, it's kind of what the Browns did and they ended up 0-16 because of it!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Again with the Huber talk...…. Shocked WTF?
Reply/Quote