Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm probably jumping the gun here and this may open up old Carson wounds, but that is not my goal. I want to know what your thoughts are on Burrow possibly wearing #9. Or do you just not care?

Personally I'm a little superstitious. I'd prefer he went with a different number, but I won't lose sleep over it. Huber has had #10 since being drafted in 2009 (I can't believe it's been that long!).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: I'm probably jumping the gun here and this may open up old Carson wounds, but that is not my goal. I want to know what your thoughts are on Burrow possibly wearing #9. Or do you just not care?

Personally I'm a little superstitious. I'd prefer he went with a different number, but I won't lose sleep over it. Huber has had #10 since being drafted in 2009 (I can't believe it's been that long!).

I'm headed to Goodwill to buy up all the Palmer jerseys and repurpose them into Burrow . I'm going to be rich!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:22 AM)Taked Wrote: Personally I'm a little superstitious. I'd prefer he went with a different number,

It freaks me out because when you play it backwards it sounds like "Turn me on dead man."
Reply/Quote
The kid can wear whatever number he wishes to. If he wore 9 in college,  Brees is his hero and the reason he picked 9 in the first place. You can bet he will wear it here.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter to me what number he wear's
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: I'm probably jumping the gun here and this may open up old Carson wounds, but that is not my goal. I want to know what your thoughts are on Burrow possibly wearing #9. Or do you just not care?

We owe no loyalty to Carson Palmer. Not only did he quit, he’s still trying to mess with the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We owe no loyalty to Carson Palmer. Not only did he quit, he’s still trying to mess with the team.

Nothing to do with loyalty. I had no problem with Andy wearing 14...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The kid can wear whatever number he wishes to. If he wore 9 in college,  Brees is his hero and the reason he picked 9 in the first place. You can bet he will wear it here.

Of course he can. And that's a great reason to wear #9. I just don't miss the last starter here to wear #9. That's all. I've moved on from him and it will just be weird seeing our new QB wearing 9. It's probably just me. This was a discussion on 1530 a week ago.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It freaks me out because when you play it backwards it sounds like "Turn me on dead man."

Nice Beatles reference.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:32 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I'm headed to Goodwill to buy up all the Palmer jerseys and repurpose them into Burrow . I'm going to be rich!!!!

Now they have to rename the book "1002 Uses for Duct Tape".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice Beatles reference.

I keep hearing number 9...number 9...number 9...number 9 in my head.. Coincidence? I think not! 
OK, maybe I'm just hallucinating. It wouldn't be the first time. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow ends up being drafted by the Bengals I hope he wears #9 and rocks it out achieving more in the NFL than Carson ever did. I don't have a grudge against Carson but I would want Burrow with the Bengals to make #9 legendary.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If he chooses #9 then, after a small alteration, I will be part of the group sporting a “rare” Burrow Reebok Jersey
Reply/Quote
Let him wear what he wants. I don't give a shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 12:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice Beatles reference.

That song just makes me think of the Beatles breaking up more than anything else. 

George - Hey, I've got this song called All Things Must Pass, can we record it?
John - Nope, I'm going to take up 9 minutes with garbled nonsense

Side note, if Burrow is 9 and Mixon is 28 we are going to be building our team around two guys who have the same numbers as two players who went totally nuclear on this franchise...wacky. On the other hand, who cares?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, if Burrow is 9 and Mixon is 28 we are going to be building our team around two guys who have the same numbers as two players who went totally nuclear on this franchise...wacky.  On the other hand, who cares?

I think this was my point in making this a topic. Not the Mixon part, but that makes it that much more "wacky" lol. I've also always looked forward to what jersey numbers new players choose to wear.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 02:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Let him wear what he wants.  I don't give a shit.

Same.
Reply/Quote
As long as that's the number of playoffs he brings us to then I'm fine with him wearing number 9.  ThumbsUp Wink
Reply/Quote
Carson wore #3 in college and switched to #9 in the pros.

Burrow wore #9 in college, so he should switch to #3 in the pros.

Kitna was a more likeable Bengals QB anyway. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote