Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/2 roster updates
(09-02-2022, 05:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What does Williams bring to the table that Evans doesn't do as well or better?  

Also, CBT will be rejoining the team for sure, so even if they Release Wilcox, when CBT and Anderson rejoin 53, who else gets dropped?

Pride, someone in the bengals org picked him even with his maligned condition at the time, to the opposition of the majority. Gotta "prove" 
the choice was the right one. Must be one of the coaches at the top, if not THE top.
Reply/Quote
Remember when the debate this time of year was wanting them to wholesale players out and jump into free agency just a little? Now it's like trading the almost players out or debating which up and comer should start and who should get hidden on the PS..Mercy how times change.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 09:59 AM)TheFan Wrote: They also used Williams quite a bit during the PS for pass blocking and he did well so maybe they feel more comfortable with him doing that? Not that Evans has dome bad but the coaches seem very reluctant to even give him theopportunities. 

Yeah I hope Evans gets more playing time this year to see what he can do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 05:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What does Williams bring to the table that Evans doesn't do as well or better?  

Also, CBT will be rejoining the team for sure, so even if they Release Wilcox, when CBT and Anderson rejoin 53, who else gets dropped?

(09-02-2022, 06:05 PM)pally Wrote: They will worry about what roster moves to make for CBT and others in 4-6 weeks.  Right now they have to worry about what to do when they activate Bates.  

(09-02-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are always injuries.  Things could be very different by the time CBT returns.

It is Cameron Taylor Britt, not Cameron Britt Taylor people lol

First I heard of Tycen Anderson being hurt which sucks. Was hoping to see him on ST's soon in the regular season.

Thought he could start out as a stud ST'er while growing into a starting SS in the NFL with crazy range.
Reply/Quote

From the short tape we have , Evans has not run as well as Williams between tackles and Williams blocks a bit better from what ive read.., im not sure about specials...but in the end either the bengals are keeping 4 RBs or Williams is just a short stay away from being cut when we activate Bates.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2022, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: From the short tape we have , Evans has not run as well as Williams between tackles and Williams blocks a bit better from what ive read.., im not sure about specials...but in the end either the bengals are keeping 4 RBs or Williams is just a short stay away from being cut when we activate Bates.

Williams made it through waivers already, so my guess both him or Michael Thomas can be cut and then go to practice squad where someone there is cut
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote