Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/28 Injury report
Price and Mixon are out. I suspect we'll see Mixon next week.

Everyone else is good to go. So that means Preston Brown should be back to give a well-needed boost to our run defense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 01:18 PM)pally Wrote: Price and Mixon are out.  I suspect we'll see Mixon next week.

Everyone else is good to go.  So that means Preston Brown should be back to give a well-needed boost to our run defense

Awesome, wanted us to give the young studs another week anyways to rest up atleast.

Their backups should be just fine, especially Gio.
Reply/Quote
Was hoping to see Price get back this week.

Hopefully next week they both return
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 07:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was hoping to see Price get back this week.

Hopefully next week they both return

Price gets the boot off next week.  I wouldn't look for him to play before week 6

Reply/Quote
I'm ok with the Mixon injury, I'm a bit curious to see of Thomas Rawls is a factor this week... Was a strange pickup if Mixon is almost back. IF Rawls has a decent game, he will be one of those hero backups for the rest of the year lol
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 07:49 PM)pally Wrote: Price gets the boot off next week.  I wouldn't look for him to play before week 6

There was an article the other day where Price said he guaranteed he be back for Steelers game.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was an article the other day where Price said he guaranteed he be back for Steelers game.

Nice. He's already feeling the rivalry. Nothing like a little eye gouging in the line during the play. He needs to practice tho. Ninja

Reply/Quote
After the way the Panthers abused Hopkins last week I get a little concerned because Price was supposed to fix the Center problem. As usual for a Bengals player fixing a critical issue - injured.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was an article the other day where Price said he guaranteed he be back for Steelers week
week 6 is the Steeler game

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 09:51 PM)pally Wrote: week 6 is the Steeler game

Price will quickly learn that this rivalry is a lot nastier and more violent compared to Ohio State/Michigan. Hope he’s ready for it.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 07:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Price will quickly learn that this rivalry is a lot nastier and more violent compared to Ohio State/Michigan. Hope he’s ready for it.

I think he gets it 100%.  We need him back and full strength.  It is frustrating, I know, but we should have him back, Burfict, Ross getting it together, etc and hitting on all cylinders by the middle of the season.  I can't wait to see what THAT team can do.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we'll win again until Mixon is back...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think he gets it 100%.  We need him back and full strength.  It is frustrating, I know, but we should have him back, Burfict, Ross getting it together, etc and hitting on all cylinders by the middle of the season.  I can't wait to see what THAT team can do.

It's a different team with those pieces in place.  I totally agree!   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 10:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think we'll win again until Mixon is back...

If the defense shows up this week against the Falcons, I disagree with that.  Gio is capable and we still have Rawls to see what he can do.  I think we can win this week, without Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 10:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think we'll win again until Mixon is back...

Why would you even say that?

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 12:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would you even say that?

[Image: Debbie-Downer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This game will be tough. It's unfortunate how brutal our schedule is to start the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 12:33 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This game will be tough.  It's unfortunate how brutal our schedule is to start the season.

Yes, and combined with a few ticky-tack injuries, it's not helping.
Reply/Quote

I think you are wrong. BTW, Gio has had a higher Yards Per Carry average than Mixon since he entered the league.

Nothing against Mixon but Gio is very formidable and some could argue has been the better back even.

Gio was averaging like 6 + YPC against the Panthers, we just got down and had to pass and Gio is great in the passing game too.

Great at picking up the blitz, something a lot of people overlook which i find crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 12:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would you even say that?

Well, let's look at our history this season of 3 games? What are you making your decision on? Also when Gio is in the game this team looks more like last year than this year.

I'm not saying we won't win but to me it's obvious, we have a better chance of winning when Mixon is playing (or the Price/Mixon combo?).

I don't think that's disputable, Mixon is the starting RB, but maybe not if he's not that durable? Gio has been knocked out before too, though. Example - if we win with Gio, would we have lost with Mixon? Lol.

As stated before we are only as good as our backups. I'm sure most of us knew the game was over when AJ went out and our starting RB was not playing.

To put it another way, would you have thought we had a lesser, same, or greater chance if Gio was the one that wasn't playing than if Mixon was? lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote