Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/28 Injury report
(09-30-2018, 08:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well, let's look at our history this season of 3 games? What are you making your decision on? Also when Gio is in the game this team looks more like last year than this year.

I'm not saying we won't win but to me it's obvious, we have a better chance of winning when Mixon is playing (or the Price/Mixon combo?).

I don't think that's disputable, Mixon is the starting RB, but maybe not if he's not that durable? Gio has been knocked out before too, though. Example - if we win with Gio, would we have lost with Mixon? Lol.

As stated before we are only as good as our backups. I'm sure most of us knew the game was over when AJ went out and our starting RB was not playing.

To put it another way, would you have thought we had a lesser, same, or greater chance if Gio was the one that wasn't playing than if Mixon was? lol.

Going to have to disagree on all the above. Your just stabbing and throwing stuff out there. Currently, Gio is the better back. I won’t sayMixon can’t be in the future, but Gio is better right now.

As for AJ, when he went out I didn’t immediately implode thinking the game was over. In fact, felt like we had a great chance of coming back, well, until the last interception. I don’t think the teams success solely rides on a few players.

To answer your last question, I actually feel more comfortable starting Gio. Yes, he’s been knocked out, but I don’t think he carries that fear anymore. Actually haven’t seen it since midway last season. I think he’s solid.

Never understood how quickly some of our fans give up so easy? This team does not quit. Not saying your one of these fans, and even if you were, well, that’s ok. Just simply stating that I don’t understand it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Never understood how quickly some of our fans give up so easy? This team does not quit. Not saying your one of these fans, and even if you were, well, that’s ok. Just simply stating that I don’t understand it.

Me either.  Some give up to the point of leaving the board.  That's just plain silly.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
OK let's put this another way, would you think we're going to win if AJ and Mixon weren't playing today?

You see, your breaking point is probably different than others; at some point, you will say we probably won't win, instead of just hoping. It just lends to my point that we're only as good as our backups, and Gio is our backup this year..unless MIxon shows he's as durable as Eifert.

Again, I'm not saying we can't win, the odds are worse when Mixon isn't playing. The odds are worse than when AJ isn't playing.

I put our odds at just at 50/50 on beating Atlanta without Mixon.

We lose today and Browns win, guess who is beating us lol.

I don't get how I'm stabbing and throwing stuff out there, Mixon playing 2 wins, Mixon out 1 loss. How much he impacts any of those games is debatable, but that's what I'm basing my simple argument over lol.

Guess Katherine Terrell agrees with me...lol
"Katherine Terrell's pick: If A.J. Green is healthy, the Bengals should be able to attack the Falcons' defense, which just lost a third starter. If he's not, the Bengals' offense is handicapped without him or running back Joe Mixon. The Falcons had trouble running the ball against the Saints, which is a good sign for the Bengals after their run defense played poorly against the Panthers in Week 3. "
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Going to have to disagree on all the above. Your just stabbing and throwing stuff out there. Currently, Gio is the better back. I won’t sayMixon can’t be in the future, but Gio is better right now.

As for AJ, when he went out I didn’t immediately implode thinking the game was over. In fact, felt like we had a great chance of coming back, well, until the last interception. I don’t think the teams success solely rides on a few players.

To answer your last question, I actually feel more comfortable starting Gio. Yes, he’s been knocked out, but I don’t think he carries that fear anymore. Actually haven’t seen it since midway last season. I think he’s solid.

Never understood how quickly some of our fans give up so easy? This team does not quit. Not saying your one of these fans, and even if you were, well, that’s ok. Just simply stating that I don’t understand it.

I'm not sure how you think Gio is the better back right now.. I'm guessing your going off YPC, but there is a lot more to the story than that. Mixon has already had more than a few plays where he's made something out of nothing. 

I agree about us not automatically losing because he's out of the lineup. Gio is GOOD, people need to stop underestimating him. I love our backfield.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK let's put this another way, would you think we're going to win if AJ and Mixon weren't playing today?

You see, your breaking point is probably different than others; at some point, you will say we probably won't win, instead of just hoping. It just lends to my point that we're only as good as our backups, and Gio is our backup this year..unless MIxon shows he's as durable as Eifert.

Again, I'm not saying we can't win, the odds are worse when Mixon isn't playing. The odds are worse than when AJ isn't playing.

I put our odds at just at 50/50 on beating Atlanta without Mixon.

We lose today and Browns win, guess who is beating us lol.

We don't have a backup to replace AJ like we do Mixon.  AJ IS playing, and Gio is a very capable replacement for Mixon.  I'm more concerned about the defense showing up than I am Mixon being out.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think you are wrong. BTW, Gio has had a higher Yards Per Carry average than Mixon since he entered the league.

Nothing against Mixon but Gio is very formidable and some could argue has been the better back even.

Gio was averaging like 6 + YPC against the Panthers, we just got down and had to pass and Gio is great in the passing game too.

Great at picking up the blitz, something a lot of people overlook which i find crazy.

Yeah, they just need to focus on giving him the right amount of touches with the right kind of plays. As much better as Lazor has been, he's still been a bit pass heavy and he's not utilizing Ross' or Bernards speed they way they could be used yet. 

I'm sure he'll get there in time. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hobson tweeted that Mixon looked great in pre game warm ups and should be ready for Miami next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 10:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't think we'll win again until Mixon is back...

Could you make some more brilliant predictions for next week?   Whatever
Reply/Quote