Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#9 Is Painting "His" Picasso
Tiger

This masterpiece is being painted every week right in front of your eyes. This is brilliant QB play! A monster that Urban Meyer created years ago with ridicule. In my eyes there are only two wired like this kid.
Tom Brady & Joe Montana. Thats It.
JB
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnUolDNrRaB/?igshid=OGQ2MjdiOTE=

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:45 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This masterpiece is being painted every week right in front of your eyes. This is brilliant QB play!

He gets shown his weaknesses and then overcomes them in short order.  He's great at retaining what he learns.  

It's very easy to see the SB run as his ceiling, but he's still just a 3rd year player who's done a ton of learning on the fly out of necessity.  

We're watching greatness here and I think it's time for everyone to just relax and accept it.  Lord knows we waited long enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:51 PM)samhain Wrote: He gets shown his weaknesses and then overcomes them in short order.  He's great at retaining what he learns.  

It's very easy to see the SB run as his ceiling, but he's still just a 3rd year player who's done a ton of learning on the fly out of necessity.  

We're watching greatness here and I think it's time for everyone to just relax and accept it.  Lord knows we waited long enough.
Hes elite.
Reply/Quote
Didn't think he was at his best throwing today and still had a solid game.

This is a sign of greatness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Liked the fire he showed after running the ball and was talking smack to the defense on the way back to the huddle.

Liked our chances at that point knowing the Titans had fired him up.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Didn't think he was at his best throwing today and still had a solid game.

Windy at the stadium today.... also I'm not sure what's up with Boyd but he hasn't really made an impact while Chase has been out.

I love it though.. Burrow is winning without Chase and IMO Boyd has disappeared.  Shows he is that elite QB where he doesn't need a stacked squad to get it done. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Windy at the stadium today.... also I'm not sure what's up with Boyd but he hasn't really made an impact while Chase has been out.

I love it though.. Burrow is winning without Chase and IMO Boyd has disappeared.  Shows he is that elite QB where he doesn't need a stacked squad to get it done. 

Boyd had a rough game. He was in the wrong spot on one 3rd down throw, and slipped on another. Thankfully Hurst has picked up the slack in the middle.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd had a rough game. He was in the wrong spot on one 3rd down throw, and slipped on another. Thankfully Hurst has picked up the slack in the middle.

Tiger

Unless Michael Mayor is within reach or they like him enough to trade up. I don't think they touch a TE in the upcoming draft before the 4th round. Just my opinion.
I like a few guys as a consolation if we can't get him in the first. All said Hurst has been amazing and I expect him to be a fixture for a couple years to come.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Windy at the stadium today.... also I'm not sure what's up with Boyd but he hasn't really made an impact while Chase has been out.

It was windy but thought Joe overthrew a lot of balls early, but to his credit kept his nose to the grindstone and kept working until he got going. Joe is the man !

Yep Boyd has not done much lately and the throw he slipped on was a perfect pass by Joe. But this team just keeps taking turns playing well and believe Boyd will be back in rhythm before you know it.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Didn't think he was at his best throwing today and still had a solid game.

Their defense was dropping 7 into coverage because we wouldn't run. One we started running more, that helped.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:19 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Unless Michael Mayor is within reach or they like him enough to trade up. I don't think they touch a TE in the upcoming draft before the 4th round. Just my opinion.
I like a few guys as a consolation if we can't get him in the first. All said Hurst has been amazing and I expect him to be a fixture for a couple years to come.

Hurst is everything you need in a te on a team with 3 good WRs.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is just a winner…not the biggest or fastest guy and doesn’t have the strongest arm but he has that irrational confidence. If it were fake then his teammates would see right through it but he injects a believe in the whole team that they can win.
You can’t time it or test it but you know it when you see it in a guy. He’s a leader and will find a way to win more often than not. These are the rare QBs who seem to always shine in the postseason.
Bengals are lucky to have him.
Reply/Quote
If this line continues to block like this, Chase and Mixon come back, we will compete against anyone .
Reply/Quote
Burrow/Mahommes/Allen are the new Young/Favre/Aikman. They'll meet in the playoffs most years and will be fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
Joe is doing a good job of taking what the defense gives him. And the line is giving him more time. Both are important.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:51 PM)samhain Wrote: He gets shown his weaknesses and then overcomes them in short order.  He's great at retaining what he learns.  

Yeah, quietly Smokin' Joe had another great game and it didn't even look like it. Just need to enjoy it while it lasts.

This guy could be the GOAT some day over Brady and I am not even joking. He is THAT special of a QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hurst is everything you need in a te on a team with 3 good WRs.

Speaking of Hurst...  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of Hurst...  Mellow

He lit Dupree up on that play. Missed it during the game, so thanks for sharing. It was a joy to watch and could watch that block over and over again without it getting old

who said Hurst cant block

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their defense was dropping 7 into coverage because we wouldn't run. One we started running more, that helped.

Understand but early he threw several balls so high and out of bounds the receivers did not even jump to try and catch. None looked like throw aways to me,  but it does not matter he righted the ship and paid dividends when it counted and had a solid day. But without looking doubt he got many game ball votes. 

Yet would not trade him for any other QB in the league, he is the perfect guy for the Bengals. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Are you aware of what a Picasso looks like?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote