Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90+ Sunday
Weather forecast for Sunday is 90 degrees and sunny. Luckily, most of the Bengals should be somewhat climatized after practicing in the heat. Sweet Lou has already reportedly put together his line rotation to keep the d line fresh. Minnesota, on the other hand, is not going to be used to the heat. Advantage: Bengals
Reply/Quote
Maybe ZT will have the sense to run more uptempo
On offense thus wearing down the Vikings D
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Maybe ZT will have the sense to run more uptempo
On offense thus wearing down the Vikings D

our OL hasnt played a full 4 quarters either
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 09:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: our OL hasnt played a full 4 quarters either

Neither has their DL.  I still agree with Sled, we have an advantage.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just like the last two home openers. Only this time, the team will be wearing white for the first time under Zac Taylor. The first two home openers under Zac they went with all black for some reason
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 09:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Just like the last two home openers. Only this time, the team will be wearing white for the first time under Zac Taylor. The first two home openers under Zac they went with all black for some reason

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Vikings will be wearing heat soaking dark purple jerseys, will they not?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Minni was in the NW heat bubble this summer, so I assume they had plenty of practices in the heat, unless they have one of those wussy practice bubbles Ninja
Reply/Quote
Not sure how much stock I put in the white unis on a hot day. I remember being at the home opener in 2002. It was 96 that day and we wore white, forcing SD into their navy unis. They still curb-stomped us something like 41-10. Granted, it was a LeBeau team.

So, yeah, it can't hurt but everyone still needs to bring their A game and stomp the purple like grapes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Weather forecast for Sunday is 90 degrees and sunny. Luckily, most of the Bengals should be somewhat climatized after practicing in the heat. Sweet Lou has already reportedly put together his line rotation to keep the d line fresh. Minnesota, on the other hand, is not going to be used to the heat. Advantage: Bengals

Why would be Minnesota not be used to the heat? They have an indoor facility, yes, but they also have an outside field that they use early in the season. They’ve been practicing outside. Also, Minneapolis was hotter in July than Cincinnati was and the two cities have roughly been the same temperature in August.

I’m not seeing the advantage here, unless I am missing something.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 09:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Just like the last two home openers. Only this time, the team will be wearing white for the first time under Zac Taylor. The first two home openers under Zac they went with all black for some reason

The white jersey is the best looking so far. I want to see the orange jerseys in a game. They look the worst from when they did the reveal, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:00 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Why would be Minnesota not be used to the heat? They have an indoor facility, yes, but they also have an outside field that they use early in the season. They’ve been practicing outside. Also, Minneapolis was hotter in July than Cincinnati was and the two cities have roughly been the same temperature in August.

I’m not seeing the advantage here, unless I am missing something.

I was just assuming during the intense heat they were inside their indoor facility.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was just assuming during the intense heat they were inside their indoor facility.

but iron forges iron.   practice in the worst conditions then game day is easier.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 01:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but iron forges iron.   practice in the worst conditions then game day is easier.

Maybe the Vikings were in their indoor facility with the heat turned up to 120 degrees and broken glass thrown all over the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Weather forecast for Sunday is 90 degrees and sunny. Luckily, most of the Bengals should be somewhat climatized after practicing in the heat. Sweet Lou has already reportedly put together his line rotation to keep the d line fresh. Minnesota, on the other hand, is not going to be used to the heat. Advantage: Bengals

And they are wearing the dark purple. Seeing even more advantages in our favor. Loving it. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:49 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Vikings will be wearing heat soaking dark purple jerseys, will they not?

You aren't wrong. We are wearing white and they are wearing the dark purple...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:55 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not sure how much stock I put in the white unis on a hot day. I remember being at the home opener in 2002. It was 96 that day and we wore white, forcing SD into their navy unis. They still curb-stomped us something like 41-10. Granted, it was a LeBeau team.

So, yeah, it can't hurt but everyone still needs to bring their A game and stomp the purple like grapes.

It makes a difference... A big difference. I cannot wear dark colors on 90+ degree weather days, have to wear white.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the Vikings were in their indoor facility with the heat turned up to 120 degrees and broken glass thrown all over the field.

Or maybe... Just maybe the Vikings (in their 22 to 35 years on earth) have played in the heat before.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the Vikings were in their indoor facility with the heat turned up to 120 degrees and broken glass thrown all over the field.

I'm picturing your scenario with this blaring over their loudspeakers:

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It makes a difference... A big difference. I cannot wear dark colors on 90+ degree weather days, have wear white.

To you, yes, I can see that.  Some are probably like that, some not.  Again, it didn't seem to slow SD down one bit that day.   I mean, they were swathed in Navy and still took us to the woodshed.  Of course, maybe if you're steamrolling someone you maybe don't notice the temperature as much.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 07:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: To you, yes, I can see that.  Some are probably like that, some not.  Again, it didn't seem to slow SD down one bit that day.   I mean, they were swathed in Navy and still took us to the woodshed.  Of course, maybe if you're steamrolling someone you maybe don't notice the temperature as much.  

True, plus where I am at the sun is way more intense and it makes a much bigger difference with the much higher elevation.

I live at around 6,000 feet above sea level.
Reply/Quote