Reply/Quote
Watching the game i really could not thing about anythink else than this:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 06:49 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I like these

[Image: earl_morrall_1967_11_19.jpg]

(11-03-2015, 06:51 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: and these I like

[Image: SteelersbyDecade_1960s_04112014_Article_1.jpg]
I even liked the ones with the yellow helmets.  I don't know why they insist on those striped monstrosities.  Not only do they look bad, but they're from an era when uniforms were fundamentally different (less padding, leather helmets, etc.), so they're not even a faithful reproduction of what those uniforms actually looked like.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 06:46 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: [Image: 1934-team-500.jpg]
Whoa - look closely at that photo.  There's a bunch of photobombing kids behind those guys!!  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: ....just lose the bumblebee uniforms now?

Those things are horrific.

I was going to ask you to do the same with that gaudy throwback sig pic, but I'm guessing you never stopped using it...Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 06:47 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: [Image: 1933steelers.jpg]
Wasn't quite the destination spot for the brothers I see ! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 01:51 PM)Curtis85 Wrote: Wasn't quite the destination spot for the brothers I see ! Ninja

What do you mean?
Reply/Quote
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

Quote:Uni Watch Power Rankings: NFL edition

All judging has been done by the Uni Watch Power Rankings Executive Committee, which has a membership of one and freely admits its biases.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (+3)
View uniforms here
Aside from the switch from block numbers to italics (which many fans still gripe about, although it's been nearly 20 years now and we should all just get over it already), the Steelers have stayed the course. They still have their logo on only one side of the helmet, they still don't use helmet numbers during the preseason (you have to earn them by making the final roster cut), they still have that instantly recognizable sleeve striping (the Rolling Stones are even using it to promote their show at Heinz Field), and their gold pants still work equally well with either of their jerseys. And while some folks can't stand the bumblebee throwbacks, that design is actually a big hit here at Uni Watch HQ and helps vault the Steelers into the top spot in this year's Power Rankings. First rate.

20. Cleveland Browns (-4)
View uniforms here
There's no getting around it: This season's most ballyhooed makeover is a downgrade. The helmet is fine, but the jersey feels high school-ish, and the pants, with that big, honking "Browns" lettering down the sides, are embarrassing. Granted, we can't be sure about any of this until we see how everything looks on the field and how they choose to mix and match their jerseys and pants, but the early indications are not good.

23. Baltimore Ravens (+1)
View uniforms here
OK, we get it -- ravens are black, so this is the rare team whose use of black doesn't feel gratuitous. But that doesn't mean they couldn't scale it back a little. The black pants could use some stripes, and they'd be better if they were paired with non-black socks (which the team used to have, once upon a time) to avoid the leotard effect. On the plus side, here's a detail worth noting: The gold trim on the numbers is a really nice accent.

31. Cincinnati Bengals (-)
View uniforms here
There's a fine line between uniform and costume, and the Bengals have been on the wrong side of it for years now. The striped panel on the pants even looks like a tail. Unfortunately for them, Halloween doesn't fall on a Sunday this year

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/media_gallery/photos-ranking-all-32-nfl-uniforms#slide-4

Quote:PHOTOS: Ranking all 32 NFL uniforms

30: Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals uniforms have been bad for a long, long time. The helmets with the stripes have reached infamous status, but the team has done nothing to change them. Unfortunately, the stripes have also made their way down on the shoulder pads and pants, too. Maybe Jay Gruden left Cincy because he couldn't stand this clownish look any longer.

18: Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens make better use of purple than the Vikes did, as they use a darker shade than Minnesota. However, the gold outline around the numbers isn't quite pulled off, and the while the logo on the helmets isn't an eyesore, they would look much better with the shield the team uses at their 50 yard line.

16: Cleveland Browns
The Browns are not just one of the most plain jerseys in the NFL, but probably in all of sports. I mean, their team logo is just an orange helmet, and their team name is a color. Even Bill Belichick is bored. However, Cleveland's lack of creativity in their uniforms prevents them from rolling out an ugly look, so therefore, they rank right in the middle of the pack as the league's most average jersey. Don't underestimate the power of Johnny Football though; he'll help move these things off the rack in bunches anyway.

10: Pittsburgh Steelers
These black and gold uniforms are intimidating and go well with the team's hard-nosed reputation. Despite the peculiar font used for the numbers, the team gains creativity points for having a helmet with the logo only on one side, the only one of its kind in the league, and for a color scheme that comes together beautifully.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1595321-the-worst-uniform-in-the-history-of-every-nfl-franchise

Quote:The Worst Uniform in the History of Every NFL Franchise

4 of 34
I’m sure we all remember the early days of the Baltimore Ravens.

The artist formerly known as the Cleveland Browns turned in Lake Erie for Inner Harbor, and the results speaks for themselves.

But the current defending champions have had that menacing raven on the helmet since 1999, the year before they won their first NFL title via Super Bowl XXXV in Tampa, Florida.

And as for that logo of the crest with the capital B and wings, that is a look strictly for the birds.

8 of 34
It’s simple and it says it.

I guess that was the point when it came to the original look of the Cincinnati Bengals, born out of expansion in 1968 in the American Football League with the aid of owner and head coach Paul Brown.

As in Paul Brown of the Cleveland Browns…

Get the picture?

Of course, the story behind the story that once owner Art Modell relieved Brown of his head coach duties after the 1962 season, he not only eventually founded the Bengals but the team drew this remarkable resemblance uniform-wise to the NFL’s Browns. The exception was the word Bengals on the side of the helmet.

In 1981, the franchise made the switch to the much-jazzier stripes that we see today in all different combinations. Ironically, the team’s first season in the new uniforms saw the club reach Super Bowl XVI.

9 of 34
Simply put, they are the Cleveland Browns.

They’re not the Cleveland Oranges.

Yes, we know that the franchise's official colors are brown, orange and white.

Still, while the helmets are indeed orange, the team opted to pull out the orange jerseys (not seen since the mid-1950s) and give them an occasional whirl over the course of three seasons from 2002-04.

Funny enough, that 2002 season marked the lone time the franchise has been to the playoffs since re-entering the league in 1999.

Okay, Browns fans. Perhaps it’s not so funny.

26 of 34
Last year, there was a lot of buzz when the Pittsburgh Steelers revealed their latest throwback uniforms, and even more when they first wore them versus the Washington Redskins.

And buzz would be the operative word considering Mike Tomlin’s club looked like real killer bees in a 27-12 victory over Mike Shanahan’s team.

The outfits were a tribute to the first Steelers team in 1933, when the franchise was originally known as the Pirates.

So, obviously, the team’s 8-8 finish in 2012 wasn’t the only thing hard on the eyes of Pittsburgh fans last season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 03:06 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: What do you mean?

That none of them have the same last name. 

Obviously. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meh. I know a lot of fans around the league hate the Bengals uniforms, but I've always loved them. Even the helmets.

Nobody ever mistakes a Bengals jersey for another team. Can't say that about half of these bland, boring, basic jerseys in the league. Plus tigers are cool.
Reply/Quote