Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
>99% chance to make the playoffs
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

Plan accordingly.

16% chance to hoist the lombardi.
Reply/Quote
To put this in dollars prospective.

To win 100 dollars on the Bengals making the playoffs, you'd have to wager over $10,000

If you bet 100 on them to miss the playoffs and they did, you'd cash in 10+k.
Reply/Quote
We need a #1 or #2 seed. The crazy thing is the 3 undefeated teams in contention.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We need a #1 or #2 seed.  The crazy thing is the 3 undefeated teams in contention.

The Denver game will be for a bye week. That game is going to be very big. I think that we can take Denver. I'm still not impressed with their offense. They look bad if any kind of pass rush gets to manning and I think we can do just that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:22 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Denver game will be for a bye week. That game is going to be very big. I think that we can take Denver. I'm still not impressed with their offense. They look bad if any kind of pass rush gets to manning and I think we can do just that.

Going to be tough AT Denver.  Hate to say it, but we're looking like a #3 seed.  NE is playing out of their minds and Denver's D is just monsterous.  If there is an offense that is geared toward beating that D it could be us given the number of weapons we have.  Our O-line must play well and Dalton has to play big.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Making the playoffs is a foregone conclusion. At this point we just get to wonder how well they'll finish and whether or not it'll be good enough for a BYE. With 9 games left, if the bengals finish...

5-4, they'll have a 12-4 record.
6-3 = 13-3
7-2 = 14-2

To put this in perspective, if the Bengals finish 12-4, it'd be their best record since 1988, yet it'd be viewed as a disappointment after such a hot start. With the way the Broncos and Pats are playing, it may take at least a 13-3 record to hope for a BYE. That Broncos game could be huge.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Going to be tough AT Denver.  Hate to say it, but we're looking like a #3 seed.  NE is playing out of their minds and Denver's D is just monsterous.  If there is an offense that is geared toward beating that D it could be us given the number of weapons we have.  Our O-line must play well and Dalton has to play big.

Who's new on that Denver's defense from last year? We beat them when they had a better team last year, and we have a better team this year than we did last year. I think we will do fine. We will get in Mannings face an he's going to play like crap like he's been this year. The offense will do fine against their defense.
Reply/Quote
Another question.

Why is a retired cleveland judge still wearing a judicial robe in a courtroom, and why are the Bengals represented by an obese concessions consultsnt who slings hotdogs?

Also, why have they played that horrific commercial 3400 times in the last week?
Reply/Quote
The Broncos play us, NE, @ Pitt, KC and the Chargers 2 times..They do not have an easy road by any means...I think that we have a better record when it is all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:48 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Another question.

Why is a retired cleveland judge still wearing a judicial robe in a courtroom, and why are the Bengals represented by an obese concessions consultsnt who slings hotdogs?

Also, why have they played that horrific commercial 3400 times in the last week?

Cleveland fans need to be proud of something, so why not look at the past?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: The Broncos play us, NE, @ Pitt, KC and the Chargers 2 times..They do not have an easy road by any means...I think that we have a better record when it is all said and done.

Yeh i think we go 13-3 and get a 2nd seed. only to end up playing the Bronco's after the bye week :)
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Going to be tough AT Denver.  Hate to say it, but we're looking like a #3 seed.  NE is playing out of their minds and Denver's D is just monsterous.  If there is an offense that is geared toward beating that D it could be us given the number of weapons we have.  Our O-line must play well and Dalton has to play big.

Denver and NE have to play one another so one will lose.  And Denver I believe goes to Indy this weekend.  Indy is bad but it is a game where Manning is coming back so anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:37 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Yeh i think we go 13-3 and get a 2nd seed. only to end up playing the Bronco's after the bye week :)

I'd take that in a heartbeat because it would mean we get Manning in the cold.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:19 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I'd take that in a heartbeat because it would mean we get Manning in the cold.

I don't fear Manning against this team in any weather but you are right he is not as good in the cold. What i do worry about is their Defence and Dalton. They put on a show yesterday.Anyway its a long way away so lots can change by then.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We need a #1 or #2 seed. The crazy thing is the 3 undefeated teams in contention.

Broncos still have to face US the Patriots and still have 4 division games to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:45 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who's new on that Denver's defense from last year? We beat them when they had a better team last year, and we have a better team this year than we did last year. I think we will do fine. We will get in Mannings face an he's going to play like crap like he's been this year. The offense will do fine against their defense.

It not about who's new on the defense but rather who is running the defense. Wade Phillips defensive scheme allows the pass rushers to get free and do what they do well. It is why they are swarming QB's right now and forcing bad throws. Scheme is a huge part of success not just players.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Broncos still have to face  US the Patriots and still have 4 division games to go.

Don't forget the Patriots still have to play the Broncos and Giants, then end the season on the road at the Jets and Dolphins.  Jets and Dolphins normally play them tough, and the Giants always seem to have their number.  They could lose two of these games while still handing Denver a defeat.

Edit:  I did not realize Cameron Wake tore his achilles... much lower chance of Miami being able to pull out a win...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:20 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We need a #1 or #2 seed.  The crazy thing is the 3 undefeated teams in contention.

Absolutely.  This is what it comes down to. 

Denver showed against Green Bay that they aren't a fluke.  Unfortunately, it looks like the rest of New England's division is STILL populated with the collegiate equivalent of Division II teams.  It will take a near perfect run from the Bengals to get the #1 seed, but I think they have a real chance if they stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:16 AM)spazz70 Wrote: The Broncos play us, NE, @ Pitt, KC and the Chargers 2 times..They do not have an easy road by any means...I think that we have a better record when it is all said and done.

MNF against Cincinnati and New England. Tough sked there!

Denver beat the Browns by 3, Cards by 2, Vikes by 3. The Raiders and Ravens wins each were by 6. So five of their 7 wins were by one score?  Both blowout wins were against NFCN teams?

Am I crazy to believe Denver isn't quite as good as their record suggests? Or at least not as dominant an AFC team as we're being led to believe?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:05 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: MNF against Cincinnati and New England. Tough sked there!

Denver beat the Browns by 3, Cards by 2, Vikes by 3. The Raiders and Ravens wins each were by 6. So five of their 7 wins were by one score?  Both blowout wins were against NFCN teams?

Am I crazy to believe Denver isn't quite as good as their record suggests? Or at least not as dominant an AFC team as we're being led to believe?

I think it completely comes down to Peyton.  He did not look good at all to start the season, but looked much better against Green Bay. Some are saying he is more comfortable in Kubiak's offense, some are saying he was able to rest his arm over the bye week.  Their defense is insane... if Manning continues to play at a high level, they will be a very tough team going forward.
Reply/Quote