Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(02-03-2020, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Carson wore #3 in college and switched to #9 in the pros.

Burrow wore #9 in college, so he should switch to #3 in the pros.

Kitna was a more likeable Bengals QB anyway. Mellow

How about #7? Our last MVP QB that had some swagger...

But I’m sure he’ll go with 9. Understandable considering what he’s achieved wearing that number.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It freaks me out because when you play it backwards it sounds like "Turn me on dead man."

Thats odd cause mine says "My Sweet Satan"
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How about #7? Our last MVP QB that had some swagger...

But I’m sure he’ll go with 9. Understandable considering what he’s achieved wearing that number.

Some numbers just look better on a jersey than others, IMO.

1, 3, 7, and 9 all look nice. You're right though. He'll probably roll with 9. Maybe 10 if he wants his old number (he'd have to pay Huber).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Carson wore #3 in college and switched to #9 in the pros.

Burrow wore #9 in college, so he should switch to #3 in the pros.

Kitna was a more likeable Bengals QB anyway.  Mellow

Carson switched back to #3 when he went to the Raiders and kept it when he went to the Cardinals.  Heck maybe Burrow should wear #12 to be the sum of Carson's NFL numbers if we are going to get hung up on this Carson number stuff.   Wink

As I said if the Bengals land Burrow I only hope he makes whatever number he wears legendary for the Bengals.  But yes Kitna was a more likeable Bengals QB.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Borrow wears 9 and develops a chemistry with John Ross that leads us to a Super Bowl.

Then Bengal fans "Never forget nine eleven"
Reply/Quote
All these threads popping up about the Palmer's is making jungle noise look more like last call at a dive bar. Bunch of lonely guys sitting around crying about their ex from 10 years ago that left them for another guy.

Let it go..
Move on..
You will feel better.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Anderson's (and Dalton's)# 14, Boomers #7. Those are the only QB numbers that mean anything. I barely remember what number Palmer wore...
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 05:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All these threads popping up about the Palmer's is making jungle noise look more like last call at a dive bar. Bunch of lonely guys sitting around crying about their ex from 10 years ago that left them for another guy.

Let it go..
Move on..
You will feel better.

Are you trying to say the Palmer threads are irritating you? I can't tell.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Ahh, the days of playing records backwards. Anyway, I don't care if Burrow wears "666" as his number as long as he can get us what Kansas City got last night.
Reply/Quote
How about Burrow wearing no number at all? And no name on the back. This would make lots of fans happy that the jersey will be neutral and nobody like me has to try to get rid of Palmer and Dalton jerseys.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 04:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Some numbers just look better on a jersey than others, IMO.

1, 3, 7, and 9 all look nice. You're right though. He'll probably roll with 9. Maybe 10 if he wants his old number (he'd have to pay Huber).

I agree. 7, 9, or 10 is what I am hopeful for. And maybe we'll see new jerseys this year...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 05:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All these threads popping up about the Palmer's is making jungle noise look more like last call at a dive bar. Bunch of lonely guys sitting around crying about their ex from 10 years ago that left them for another guy.

Let it go..
Move on..
You will feel better.

Well keep in mind that nothing pisses your ex off more, than them seeing you happy and content with your new love.  Let's go Joe!   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He should wear 0... To signify the amount of losses the Bengals will have during his career.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Based on my limited research if Burrow wants to be the best to ever wear a certain number then #6 and #11 are his best bets.

But since no great QBs have had those numbers they might be considered "jinxed".
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind repurposing my old jersey.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:32 PM)Earendil Wrote: I wouldn't mind repurposing my old jersey.

Hmm having that option will mean reduced sales of new Burrow jerseys...maybe MB will make him switch. 

He should go with 12 so that way being the best to ever wear the number would require winning 7 SBs and legitimately being the best QB ever. 
Reply/Quote
We can repurpose them, but they aren't the same.

Despite MANY similarities, the 2004-2010 jerseys absolutely look different than the current ones (which Nike started doing in 2012).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
#9 is available, and that is what he will wear.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 01:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We can repurpose them, but they aren't the same.

Despite MANY similarities, the 2004-2010 jerseys absolutely look different than the current ones (which Nike started doing in 2012).

It'll be a Joe Burrow throw back... Vintage baby!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 01:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We can repurpose them, but they aren't the same.

In my case, the fact that it has duct tape on the back with the name Borrow written in Sharpie will probably be a bigger giveaway.
Reply/Quote