Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Circuit states no right to carry concealed
Also keep in mind, the issue of open carry was not in question for this case. Many believe one of the two options must be available to satisfy the 2nd amendment. All this ruling does is say that unconditional concealed carry is not a right. This same ruling was passed a couple years ago in the 10th circuit court, along with other courts across the nation. It really isn't that big a deal. Now if they challenged the open carry law and that is shot down, then you probably have an issue.
Aquib Talib wishes they would have passed this law in Dallas about 1 week ago
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-09-2016, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: By the way this has been the same outcome in courts across the country, but for some reason this one seems to be getting more coverage since it is in CA.

I was kind of curious about why this has become such a big thing. There is a SCOTUS ruling to back this up, as well as two other circuits I believe. I think just because of the area this decision covers it has been big news.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
yeah if it wasnt cali, i dont think it would make national news
People suck
(06-09-2016, 04:55 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah if it wasnt cali, i dont think it would make national news

Hell, I don't know how National it really is. Haven't heard anything outside this forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Open carry or concealed carry ... doesn't matter to me. I prefer killing people with a knife. It gets me close and I can see the life drain from their eyes.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-09-2016, 08:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Open carry or concealed carry ... doesn't matter to me. I prefer killing people with a knife. It gets me close and I can see the life drain from their eyes.

Mellow

Been watching "V" for Vendetta again ?
Ninja
(06-09-2016, 08:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Open carry or concealed carry ... doesn't matter to me. I prefer killing people with a knife. It gets me close and I can see the life drain from their eyes.

Mellow

I prefer killing people softly with my song, but to each his own.
(06-10-2016, 12:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I prefer killing people softly with my song, but to each his own.

you sexy bard
People suck
(06-10-2016, 08:26 AM)Griever Wrote: you sexy bard

Stop staring at his lute.

*rolls charisma check*
(06-10-2016, 01:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Stop staring at his lute.

*rolls charisma check*

i cant help it, he plucks the strings really well

his fingering is amazing as well

Mellow
People suck
(06-09-2016, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This will stop how many criminals from concealed carry?

Every one that gets caught.

And if they get caught before they commit a crime it will prevent that crime.