Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 49ers SB rematch ?
It is entirely possible that the Bengals will have to defeat the BILLS to get to the SuperBowl to face the... wait for it... 49ers! (Just like 1988)

I don't quite know how to feel about that. Like what are the odds of a team's ONLY Super Bowl appearances ALL being against the SAME TEAM?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: That the Bengals have to defeat the BILLS to get to the SuperBowl to face the... wait for it... 49ers! (Just like 1988)

I don't quite know how to feel about that. Like what are the odds of a team's ONLY Super Bowl appearances ALL being against the SAME TEAM?

Well we broke the curse against the team we caught it from. One our first road playoff game against the organization we won our last playoff game against soooo
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: That the Bengals have to defeat the BILLS to get to the SuperBowl to face the... wait for it... 49ers!  (Just like 1988)

I don't quite know how to feel about that.  Like what are the odds of a team's ONLY Super Bowl appearances ALL being against the SAME TEAM?

1981 and 1988
Reply/Quote
Isn't it kind of crazy that both the Bengals and 49ers are in their respective championship games? Could we be headed towards another Cincy/San Fran SB with Bengals finally overcoming the 49ers curse?
Reply/Quote
This time we have Joe though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:18 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: This time we have Joe though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they don't!!!
Reply/Quote
Really would complete the 1988-1990 feel if we beat the Raiders, Oilers/Titans, Bills then the 49ers.

I'm not picky on how we win a championship though. Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, I’d be scared to lose a third time to the Niners. Just because history. But wow would it feel good to exorcise all the demons this year!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Really would complete the 1988-1990 feel if we beat the Raiders, Oilers/Titans, Bills then the 49ers.

I'm not picky on how we win a championship though. Cool

For real. It's just fun rooting along during this journey no matter who we play
Reply/Quote
Freaking Packers crapped the bed in their own house last night and the 9ers come out and win. Are we really going to have to play San Francisco in the Super Bowl AGAIN!!! I guess if we do, at least this time WE have our Joe Montana.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow....breaker of losing streaks.

Haven't won a playoff game in 31years....broken
Haven't ever won a playoff game on the road...broken

Haven't ever beaten the 49ers in the SB.... Cool

I don't think it could set up any better if that matchup happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Freaking Packers crapped the bed in their own house last night and the 9ers come out and win. Are we really going to have to play San Francisco in the Super Bowl AGAIN!!!  I guess if we do, at least this time WE have our Joe Montana.

I don't see them getting by the Bucs or Rams.  My guess will be Rams will represent the NFC.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't see them getting by the Bucs or Rams.  My guess will be Rams will represent the NFC.

Imagine Aaron Donald against Adeniji lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:27 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Imagine Aaron Donald against Adeniji lol.

Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
We are gonna have one heck of tough hard fought AFC championship game to make it to the Superbowl. But we are one game away. But if we make it and the 49ers make it I say bring it on. With Burrow and Co. slaying all playoff demons one by one why not finish off the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:27 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Imagine Aaron Donald against Adeniji lol.

Adeniji might hold up better against speed than strength.  You don't know.  
Reply/Quote
Man i just wish AJ Green could have been apart of this
Reply/Quote
Breaking news: Bengals Darius Phillips activated and returning kicks and punts for Super Bowl against 49ers!

Running and dodging tomatoes being thrown at me from message board.   LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:54 AM)Spider Wrote: Man i just wish AJ Green could have been apart of this

Don't disagree but he was "apart" of this, meaning he was separated. Not trying to be a dick here as you meant "a part".
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:41 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We are gonna have one heck of tough hard fought AFC championship game to make it to the Superbowl. But we are one game away. But if we make it and the 49ers make it I say bring it on. With Burrow and Co. slaying all playoff demons one by one why not finish off the whole thing.

Agreed. That game has haunted Cincy FOREVER. In my opinion, it would be the best version of poetic justice, and wiping the slate "clean." 

Who Dey.  Cool
Reply/Quote