Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bill Callahan
(10-07-2019, 02:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Isn’t he making like $10 mil/yr for 10 years? Nobody will ever be able to afford firing him lol can you imagine getting paid $10/yr to sit at home? Hell if I were him I’d be hoping they fired me lol

Heh, I don't know, if you're fired with just reason, you don't get your salary do you? Kind of like Antonio Brown and his signing bonus/etc. with patriots, although I heard the court will rule in his favor.

Just reason: you sucked. His contract should say you have to make the playoffs every year, or we can fire you. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Fire Turner as well...

I think they're waiting 'til the offseason so they can hire Callahan. Rest of your post, i agree with.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Would Jay coming back really make a difference if he's not the one calling plays? He's obviously more experienced and a better mind than Zac/Brian Callahan but we said Hue coming back was a good move because he could give Lazor tips on how to move the ball without AJ and that didn't work.

Besides, I've had enough with Bengals retreads, even tho Jay would be the best one of them all. I only see this happening if they decide to reset the coaching staff once again. Turner and Anarumo should be gone regardless.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Heh, I don't know, if you're fired with just reason, you don't get your salary do you? Kind of like Antonio Brown and his signing bonus/etc. with patriots, although I heard the court will rule in his favor.

Just reason: you sucked. His contract should say you have to make the playoffs every year, or we can fire you. lol

Coach salaries are fully guaranteed unlike player salaries. He’ll get his money as long as he doesn’t retire/quit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Heh, I don't know, if you're fired with just reason, you don't get your salary do you? Kind of like Antonio Brown and his signing bonus/etc. with patriots, although I heard the court will rule in his favor.

He's in the 2nd year of a massive rebuild and the Raiders are 3-2. How is that deserving of firing?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Coach salaries are fully guaranteed unlike player salaries. He’ll get his money as long as he doesn’t retire/quit

Seems messed up. So if they fire him after 1 day because he sabotaged the company (let's say, sold the playbook to opposing teams), he gets to keep 100 million? I'm guessing no, there are clauses for how he's let go ("just reason"), like when you don't get severance package because you violated something lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Beat me to it, Fred.

I would take Jay back in a heartbeat. I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of him as a head coach. People will say that he was hampered by the second worst owner in sports history, and there is certainly some truth to that. But I believe Jay’s niche is as an OC.

Get this done, please.

WHO IS THE WORST OWNER. PLEASE DONT HOLD ME IN SUSPENCE. I know Robert kraft. He pays for sex?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think they're waiting 'til the offseason so they can hire Callahan. Rest of your post, i agree with.

Exactly. Callahan was the coach that Taylor wanted the most. I believe Callahan wanted to come here, but Washington wouldn't let him out of his contract. I think he's here next year as OL coach.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jack Del Rio turned us down. Not the other way around. He isn’t the answer because he doesn’t want to be here.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 12:55 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Exactly. Callahan was the coach that Taylor wanted the most. I believe Callahan wanted to come here, but Washington wouldn't let him out of his contract. I think he's here next year as OL coach.

If this were to happen, O-Line would improve and he can judge talent.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even so, I would call Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel first.

Has either Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel developed any STARTING NFL QBs out of Ohio State ? I can't think of any. So now you want them developing NFL QB's ?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 10:41 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Has either Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel developed any STARTING NFL QBs out of Ohio State ? I can't think of any. So now you want them developing NFL QB's ?

No, I want Alex Van Pelt to do that. I want a new offensive coordinator to develop the entire offense. Andy Dalton has thrown eight touchdown passes to four interceptions while being sacked an NFL-leading twenty times. Van Pelt is making something out of nothing.
Reply/Quote
When I heard Jay got fired the other day I definitely thought about bringing him back.

Maybe it would take more off of Taylor's shoulders and he could just be the great communicator we were all told he was.

Need better communication going on on this team big time.

Jay is a good OC, he is just not a good HC.
Reply/Quote