Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A Bengals Positive, for a change
(11-26-2019, 06:26 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Contrast this with LeBron Jame's handling an impromptu request this last week by fans, he farted out loud and left.
One time I was leaving the LA Lakers Forum after an afternoon game and I ran right into Denzel Washington in the VIP parking lot.  A few of us asked for his autograph and he blew us off without a word.  Not condemning him or upset with him, he did what was right for him.

But you learn something when you catch high profile people off guard in public and see what they do.   Props to Dunlop.

Cool 

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think I'd recognize a lot of the players. I'd know AJ and Andy. Probably Gio, and I'd know Hubbard because my daughter went to grade school with him.

I met a Domata Peko at Jungle Jim’s once and he is freaking enormous in person — but a consummate gentleman. He was terrific to everyone who recognized him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think most of us, if we had millions, would be nice guys too. So many things we won't have to worry about and so much time to help people and and people who admire you, feel good. There's a few who regardless, are the opposite. Good to know he's a good guy.
Reply/Quote
Very cool...But, a necklace? Seriously? If he was wearing it then it was probably crazy expensive?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:17 PM)jason Wrote: I couldn't remember... I knew it wasn't much of anything. I do seem to remember the excuse for starting Geathers over him had something to do with practice.

Carlos coming out of college had a "knock" on him that he took plays off. Luckily, he matured and that has not been the case in his NFL career.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In a day and age when sports icons like LeBron James farts on fans for asking for his autograph, it's truly refreshing to know that there are still some pro athletes like Carlos that have a genuine heart and truly enjoy interacting with the fans.

LeBron Jams has never had any class.... at all. He's a giant POS
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It was never his practice habits or character. He made a really bad decision the week before the SEC Championship Game his SR year. Drank too much, got behind the wheel and passed out in the car. No one was hurt and it was the only off-color incident he had his entire time at UF. He and Reggie Nelson are my all time fave Bungles. 

If that's the worst he ever did as a young man he's doing quite well then and now. If I had to list all my transgressions at his age then or even his age now I wouldn't even be permitted to buy a ticket to get in the stadium much less when there are no games. 
Some people mature at a young age, some a little later and some never do. I gave up drinking a bit too late in life and to this day drinking alcohol was always my biggest problem. Nothing good ever came of my drinking.. I'm pretty darn sure I'm not the only one here who screwed up everything at the expense of being drunk.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Good deal...Carlos has been one of my favorites.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In a day and age when sports icons like LeBron James farts on fans for asking for his autograph, it's truly refreshing to know that there are still some pro athletes like Carlos that have a genuine heart and truly enjoy interacting with the fans.

No doubt. Rock On
Reply/Quote
You know, he probably learned a thing or two from the consummate fan's player, Chad Johnson. Every time you encounter him he will talk to you. During autograph sessions, he the first to show up and the last to leave. He may have had some cases of bad judgement, but I have never heard a fan complain of a dismissive or arrogant encounter that wasn't legitimately provoked by a the fan himself. Peko was also an engaging, involved player. I'm glad he is with the Ravens and hope he gets a ring this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think I'd recognize a lot of the players. I'd know AJ and Andy. Probably Gio, and I'd know Hubbard because my daughter went to grade school with him.

Same here. It's one thing to recognize them on a football field but another to place them out of context, not wearing their uniforms.
Football players might be easier to recognize than baseball players though because their sheer size will give them away. If you're Carlos Dunlap you're going to stick out when out and about in public!

(11-26-2019, 06:26 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Contrast this with LeBron Jame's handling an impromptu request this last week by fans, he farted out loud and left.
One time I was leaving the LA Lakers Forum after an afternoon game and I ran right into Denzel Washington in the VIP parking lot.  A few of us asked for his autograph and he blew us off without a word.  Not condemning him or upset with him, he did what was right for him.

But you learn something when you catch high profile people off guard in public and see what they do.   Props to Dunlop.

I suspect those two have still signed more autographs in their lifetime than Dunlap though, even if Dunlap is the classier act.

(11-27-2019, 03:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think most of us, if we had millions, would be nice guys too. So many things we won't have to worry about and so much time to help people and and people who admire you, feel good.

I think that's like how all of us on here vow we would be teetotal and always go to bed early if we were blessed with the athletic gifts of pro footballers and/or hadn't had our careers ruined by injury/that coach in HS.

Strangely considering that unanimity it doesn't seem to turn out that way for most who actually get that opportunity....

(Props to those who do)

(11-27-2019, 10:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: If that's the worst he ever did as a young man he's doing quite well then and now. If I had to list all my transgressions at his age then or even his age now I wouldn't even be permitted to buy a ticket to get in the stadium much less when there are no games. 
Some people mature at a young age, some a little later and some never do. I gave up drinking a bit too late in life and to this day drinking alcohol was always my biggest problem. Nothing good ever came of my drinking.. I'm pretty darn sure I'm not the only one here who screwed up everything at the expense of being drunk.

I'm certainly no angel and at that age had probably drank more than most of you, but I was only reckless with my own safety and certainly wasn't so stupid as to then get behind the wheel of a car in that state. I suspect those saying it was no big deal wouldn't have thought the same if he'd driven the car into your family. Fortunately for him and those in the vicinity he got away with it and seems to have learnt from such a monumental error. Since then he's been a top player for us and by all accounts a class act in the community.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 04:38 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: You know, he probably learned a thing or two from the consummate fan's player,  Chad Johnson.   Every time you encounter him he will talk to you.  During autograph sessions, he the first to show up and the last to leave.  He may have had  some cases of bad judgement, but I have never heard a fan complain of a dismissive or arrogant encounter that wasn't legitimately provoked by a the fan himself.   Peko was also an engaging, involved player.   I'm glad he is with the Ravens and hope he gets a ring this year.

I was thinking the same as I watched Peko Monday night. Some of our fans never appreciated the value he brought to our run defense, but looking back our run defense has digressed. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

I hope Peko gets a ring too.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am sure this team and the fans could use some positives right now.
Reply/Quote