Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pettine & Farmer unlikely to be back for Browns in 2016
Question is who will replace them?

Story on NFL.com
Reply/Quote
Interesting.   I thought farmer would be back... Haslam seems to have been siding with him

It must mean they are going for a big name.  

Probably run at Harbaugh, Saban, Mora, Peyton

Gase is probably more likely

If they can't get a big time coach then they ak look at GM's
Reply/Quote
Browns players....including Manziel are lobbying for Pettine to stay.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On a side note. Aren't we all glad that they didn't land Zimmer?

I know the Vikings are a much better organization, but so glad I didn't have to route against him with the Stains either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 11:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Browns players....including Manziel are lobbying for Pettine to stay.
It's easy to forget that as late as early November, the Browns were tied for 1st place in the division last year.  Then Farmer and Haslam began their meddling.  Mike Pettine is not the problem for that horrible franchise.  That being said I hope they do fire him and Farmer, and remain in that abysmal rut they are mired in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 01:50 PM)jason Wrote: It's easy to forget that as late as early November, the Browns were tied for 1st place in the division last year.  Then Farmer and Haslam began their meddling.  Mike Pettine is not the problem for that horrible franchise.  That being said I hope they do fire him and Farmer, and remain in that abysmal rut they are mired in.

Indeed....agreed 100%. The players are just looking for some continuity too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The only constant in cleveland is change....and suckitude.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 12:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: On a side note.  Aren't we all glad that they didn't land Zimmer?

I know the Vikings are a much better organization, but so glad I didn't have to route against him with the Stains either.

Hopefully they don't go hard for Hue. I think it's McDaniels with full control or Gase with a GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 01:50 PM)jason Wrote: It's easy to forget that as late as early November, the Browns were tied for 1st place in the division last year.  Then Farmer and Haslam began their meddling.  Mike Pettine is not the problem for that horrible franchise.  That being said I hope they do fire him and Farmer, and remain in that abysmal rut they are mired in.

Pettine might not be the biggest problem but he is a problem.  He suxx.  His teams play with a serious lack of discipline.   As a big time Browns hater, I hope he stays ten more years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: Pettine might not be the biggest problem but he is a problem.  He suxx.  His teams play with a serious lack of discipline.   As a big time Browns hater, I hope he stays ten more years.

I think the Problem is that farmer doesn't get Pettine the players he needs or wants. They seem to have two totally different ideas on what the players should be.:.. This is their biggest problem.

Pettine has mishandled the Manziel thing. As bad as JM has messed it up.... Pettine has handled it worse.
Reply/Quote
Lol... of course they are.

Jimmy Haslam took an already turrible team and just crushed it into the ground that much more. Dude's owned the team for what, 4 years now? If he fires Pettine, the next guy will be his 4th head coach.

I guess I can no longer say "Cubs gonna Cub", but Browns gonna Brown will be eternal!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Should the bengals someway, somehow come to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, let alone win it, expect a record breaking rate of suicide in cleaveland for one day.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Pettine being hired anywhere else.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 11:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: Browns players....including Manziel are lobbying for Pettine to stay.

Doesn't matter what Johnny wants.

Joe Thomas is the voice they should be listening too, and he has stated he wants Pettine to stay.  I also think Alex Mack will elect to opt out of his contract if Pettine is fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Doesn't matter what Johnny wants.

Joe Thomas is the voice they should be listening too, and he has stated he wants Pettine to stay.  I also think Alex Mack will elect to opt out of his contract if Pettine is fired.

I get the feeling Alex Mack will opt out regardless. This way he has options.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 12:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Interesting.   I thought farmer would be back... Haslam seems to have been siding with him

It must mean they are going for a big name.  

Probably run at Harbaugh, Saban, Mora, Peyton

Gase is probably more likely

If they can't get a big time coach then they ak look at GM's

Farmer is gone.... GM will probly be first. if he is to have real power.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 12:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: On a side note.  Aren't we all glad that they didn't land Zimmer?

I'm lovin the Vikings. A very fun team to watch.

Whoever they put in charge in Cleveland, they have quite the opportunity to turn an abysmal situation around...
Reply/Quote