Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Prices
(12-04-2018, 01:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Our gas hovers around $4, my car requires premium, it's around $3.70 for 87 right now.  Not only are our state taxes high, but the county and city like to get their pound of flesh as well.  Gas around $2 is a pipe dream for us.  As an aside, there was a ballot measure last election to repeal a state imposed increase on gas taxes and it was defeated.  I guess people like paying more taxes in CA.

(12-05-2018, 01:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: Looking-down-your-nose-300x280.jpg]

Ninja

While the taxpayers pay is salary!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It was $2.02 here yesterday when I left my house. I come home 2 hours later and it was jacked up to $2.39
(12-05-2018, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: While the taxpayers pay is salary!  Ninja

By driving a car that uses premium, he's kinda just giving it right back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-05-2018, 10:06 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: It was $2.02 here yesterday when I left my house. I come home 2 hours later and it was jacked up to $2.39

Similar.  $2.19 to $2.45.  Someone woke someone up.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-05-2018, 10:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By driving a car that uses premium, he's kinda just giving it right back.

Cool
(12-05-2018, 10:06 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: It was $2.02 here yesterday when I left my house. I come home 2 hours later and it was jacked up to $2.39

(12-05-2018, 10:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Similar.  $2.19 to $2.45.  Someone woke someone up.  

I'll have to see what happens today but last night it was down to 2.59 at the local station and 2.57 at the chain station in the next town that is usually a few cents HIGHER than everyone else.
(12-05-2018, 01:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: Looking-down-your-nose-300x280.jpg]

Ninja

Rant

The point being that I have to pay more than twenty cents more per gallon by default.  As an aside, you don't have to have an expensive car to need premium.  Although I do have an expensive car.   ;P
I used t have a car that required premium.  When gas was $1.50 a gallon premium was $1.70.  When gas went up to $3.00 a gallon premium was still just .20 more at $3.20.  S I felt like I was getting a deal.

I have not paid attention to the price of premium in a while so I don't know if they have made adjustments or not.  Seemed to me that they were just charging ab higher price when the product really did not cost them any more to produce.

BTW unless you have a high compression engine you get no benefit from using premium.  It will not make your car run any better.  You are just wasting money.
(12-06-2018, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used t have a car that required premium.  When gas was $1.50 a gallon premium was $1.70.  When gas went up to $3.00 a gallon premium was still just .20 more at $3.20.  S I felt like I was getting a deal.

I have not paid attention to the price of premium in a while so I don't know if they have made adjustments or not.  Seemed to me that they were just charging ab higher price when the product really did not cost them any more to produce.

BTW unless you have a high compression engine you get no benefit from using premium.  It will not make your car run any better.  You are just wasting money.

It's like $.90 a gallon more now.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-06-2018, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used t have a car that required premium.  When gas was $1.50 a gallon premium was $1.70.  When gas went up to $3.00 a gallon premium was still just .20 more at $3.20.  S I felt like I was getting a deal.

Seems the smart thing to do would be to add your own octane booster when you fill up. Cheaper and you are sure what you are getting.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-04-2018, 06:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: $2.70 in North Dakota. I like high gas prices though... I work in the oil field, so the higher the price of gas the higher my paycheck is

Where you at in ND? Just wonderin'.
(12-07-2018, 06:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Where you at in ND? Just wonderin'.

Williston
(12-07-2018, 11:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Williston

On the missouri. Williston Coyotes. 

Is there still a lot of drilling there or is it winding down?
(12-08-2018, 01:59 AM)Dill Wrote: On the missouri. Williston Coyotes. 

Is there still a lot of drilling there or is it winding down?

It's been winding down the last few years since the price of oil went down. There's still a decent amount going on though. Honestly most of the drilling is going on in the reservations because they don't have to answer to the EPA and they're getting a ton of money. Lol it's funny you would think that Native Americans would be against doing that and would be super strict about it, but they have almost no regulations compared to the US.
I filled up today and they owed me money.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-07-2018, 11:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Williston

I had to go to Williston once. Went to book a room and it was $350. I’m like wtf? Didn’t realize it was ground zero of the oil business.

(01-04-2019, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I filled up today and they owed me money.

That’s called change.

(01-04-2019, 09:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I had to go to Williston once. Went to book a room and it was $350. I’m like wtf?  Didn’t realize it was ground zero of the oil business.

Lol that must have been in 2010 to 2014 when the boom was in full swing. It's a ton cheaper now and theres a lot more living spaces. Theres a ton of oil up here and ND has a super low tax rate so businesses are capitalizing on it. Back in those days it wasnt uncommon for someone like me to make almost 1k a day because they were desperate for drivers. Wish I was making that money now lol.
Anybody think the oil companies are keeping prices low in response to an increasing number of people coming to terms with climate change? In other words, fostering the dependency to make change to green sources less palatable for as long as possible. Just an idea to kick around.