1984[Image: FdNndvJaIAEMlAx.png]
1977[Image: FdNoKyfakAAWoMv.jpg]
1965[Image: FdNpGdcaEAEzrHS.jpg]
1950[Image: FdNp5WcaEAEZdbd.png]
1940[Image: FdNqZuOakAEpiTY.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Second part because there were so many examples it was too many images for one post!

Quote:1934[Image: FdNrf6NaIAAf14D.jpg]

1932[Image: FdNsviIaEAAUsjO.jpg]
1925[Image: FdNtVCXaAAEh8-H.jpg]
1922[Image: FdNvTDQagAACg3H.jpg]
1920[Image: FdNwy9QakAAuCJ0.jpg]
1910[Image: FdNxssRaEAIyZ8-.jpg]
1902[Image: FdNyU5IaMAUiAAX.jpg]
1893[Image: FdNzv3aaIAAMyVM.jpg]
1886[Image: FdN04O-aUAArGAp.jpg]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]• • •[/color]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
All because the rule of thumb became a saying instead of a practice.
Reply/Quote
It is rather amusing how obsessed so many men are with "masculinity"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:13 PM)pally Wrote: It is rather amusing how obsessed so many men are with "masculinity"

Only the ones who need it to feel 'alpha' or whatever.

You can spot a try hard a mile out in a packed stadium. They're usually the first to crumble when pressure mounts.

Now the quiet ones - those are the ones you need to watch out for.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:13 PM)pally Wrote: It is rather amusing how obsessed so many men are with "masculinity"

As women have progressively become more equal,

men whose masculinity depended on the perception of feminine inequality

have become progressively more discomfited.

I attended a prayer breakfast in a Baptist church in Montana last summer,
and I was surprised that at least three men complained that women were
becoming more disrespectful and lewd. It was part of their motivation for voting 
Trump. They saw it as one with crime, drugs and other negative effects
of modern society.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems like something a girly man would post. Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I blame Hollywood Liberals.
Too many dang Zac Effrons and no more Charles Bronson's. Sad times

LOL Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I blame Hollywood Liberals.
Too many dang Zac Effrons and no more Charles Bronson's. Sad times

LOL Tongue

It's a complete and utter lack of Cowbell

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:44 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Now the quiet ones - those are the ones you need to watch out for.

Especially if they happen to crack a very subtle, wry smile.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:29 PM)Dill Wrote: As women have progressively become more equal,

men whose masculinity depended on the perception of feminine inequality

have become progressively more discomfited.

I attended a prayer breakfast in a Baptist church in Montana last summer,
and I was surprised that at least three men complained that women were
becoming more disrespectful and lewd. It was part of their motivation for voting 
Trump. They saw it as one with crime, drugs and other negative effects
of modern society.

That's pretty wacky.  I wonder if they figured Trump being elected would make women more respectful, or if it was basically the idea that we needed a lewd and disrespectful man to represent us because that would at least increase the gap between male and female levels of lewdness.  If women had become a 5 on the lewd scale, Trump would send the message that the most successful men are taking the lewdness to 11, baby.

I will also tip my hat to the pure cynical marketing genius that someone like Trump can be presented and marketed as peak masculinity. 
Reply/Quote
5 posts before a Trump mention. Proud of you guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 5 posts before a Trump mention. Proud of you guys.

10 + the OP, but who's counting.  Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: 10 + the OP, but who's counting.  Ninja

Diebold machines.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: 10 + the OP, but who's counting.  Ninja

It's cute that you thought some folks could count.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 5 posts before a Trump mention. Proud of you guys.

Brining up Trump in the political section of a forum?  Weird.  I bet people in Jungle Noise are talking about Joe Burrow.

But seriously, Trump and Trumpism is a direct link to this narrative that men aren't manly enough and the status of the mediocre white male as the undisputed king of all he sees is in question.  I will give credit to the populace for trying to move on from Trump by voting him out of office in 2020, but like all psycho exes it isn't over until he decides it's over.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brining up Trump in the political section of a forum?  Weird.  I bet people in Jungle Noise are talking about Joe Burrow.

But seriously, Trump and Trumpism is a direct link to this narrative that men aren't manly enough and the status of the mediocre white male as the undisputed king of all he sees is in question.  I will give credit to the populace for trying to move on from Trump by voting him out of office in 2020, but like all psycho exes it isn't over until he decides it's over.

Yeah it always ends up there. Just pretty proud you all were able to make it so far into a thread first. One post at a time.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yeah it always ends up there. Just pretty proud you all were able to make it so far into a thread first. One post at a time.

Trump is damn near the most important person on the planet.  Simply admitting that he has this earth by the balls isn't obsession, it's just acceptance of the way it is.

The perception and propaganda that a country is becoming weak or less masculine is directly related to the rise of people like Trump and trying to ignore or minimize that is how people like Trump get into power in the first place.  It's funny to think 100 years ago my ancestors were probably like "Ida know about this Mussolini guy.  Maybe we should head to America." and their neighbors were probably like "Dude, would you stop already...you're obsessed."

Also, even when Trump is dead people are still going to talk about him, or complain about him, or swear he isn't dead and he's just undercover and he's totally going to reappear and become president aaaaany day now.  Trump is likely to be a topic of conversation for the next 15+ years or so...it's just the way it is. Brace yourself.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yeah it always ends up there. Just pretty proud you all were able to make it so far into a thread first. One post at a time.

Just curious. 

Why would you bother noting that Trump eventually popped up on a politics thread? 

Is there some unstated assumption or implicit inference involved here?

Could you be assuming that Trump is not pertinent to most current political issues and 
so is dragged inappropriately into discussion? 

If this were a thread about the Civil War, how many posts before someone mentioned
"slavery"?  Not many, I would hope. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 11:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Just curious. 

Why would you bother noting that Trump eventually popped up on a politics thread? 

Is there some unstated assumption or implicit inference involved here?

Could you be assuming that Trump is not pertinent to most current political issues and 
so is dragged inappropriately into discussion? 

If this were a thread about the Civil War, how many posts before someone mentioned
"slavery"?  Not many, I would hope. 

The topic didn’t have anything to do with Trump…until it did.
Reply/Quote