Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bright Spot
Joe Burrow had a good game despite 8 sacks
Tee Higgens had 2 touchdowns and with 5 receptions
Logan Wilson had a pick
Akeem Davis-Gaither had a couple of nice stops

We are getting actual playing time and production from our first 4 2020 draft picks. Can any of us remember when that last happened?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think Joe Burrow is Jesus in a Bengals uniform. The numbers he has put up behind this line is astonishing. Tee Higgins coming along nicely and Logan Wilson was noteworthy today.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Burrow had a good game despite 8 sacks
Tee Higgens had 2 touchdowns and with 5 receptions
Logan Wilson had a pick
Akeem Davis-Gaither had a couple of nice stops

We are getting actual playing time and production from our first 4 2020 draft picks.  Can any of us remember when that last happened?

Our draft class is playing like beasts this season.

It's just a shame the draft class had so few offensive linemen in it  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Wanted to give some props to Mackenzie Alexander.

He made a couple really nice tackles today. And considering how poor their receivers did, I'm going to assume he was plenty decent in coverage.

Burrow has been nothing short of amazing. For his kid to be playing the way he has, behind this line, with this coaching staff, and all without an offseason, is pretty incredible. Here's to hoping we don't get him killed before the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
Jonah got off to a rough start but he seemed to settle in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There were a few series where they gave Burrow decent protection after the first half. He showed what he can do with a bit of time and really made some nice passes, picking the defense apart. Right now Burrow is like 90% of the Bengals offense. Next year the Bengals need to devote a ton of attention to the O-line via free agency and the draft. Hopefully Burrow's play will attract some decent O-line free agents.

At this point I just hope he survives playing the Steelers and Ravens. Those games are going to be brutal the way the O-line has played.

This was a game between two bad teams and ended like a game between two bad teams was expected. A lame tie.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just think how cool having that first overall pick next year will be. That'll fetch a king's ransom.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd is a bright spot as well. I hope AJ rebounds. We have the pieces for an outstanding wide receiver room.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
This kid deserves a great offensive line, and an organization committed to giving him one.

To put up that kind of performance after taking 18 hits. We are not worthy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Agreed... Burrow with time is dangerous. We just have to find a way to build a line here in Cincinnati.

If Burrow and Co. can't deliver by the end of the Stadium deal...... I'd be nervous
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Lots of bright spots but the line play is ruining any chance every game.
Reply/Quote
The only bright spots are the stars Joe Burrow sees every time he gets hit.
Reply/Quote
Wilson made a tackle in space that I'm completely accustomed to watching Bengals linebackers miss today. Just planted the guy. That's a plus, I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Just think how cool having that first overall pick next year will be. That'll fetch a king's ransom.

Will it though? Teams are going to know we’re not taking Lawrence, so we’re not in the best position to negotiate. I wouldn’t be surprised if the offers are not as crazy as some might think.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will it though? Teams are going to know we’re not taking Lawrence, so we’re not in the best position to negotiate. I wouldn’t be surprised if the offers are not as crazy as some might think.

It doesn't matter. If that team needs to get ahead of another team to get Lawrence they are gonna offer the farm or lose him..
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:57 PM)Tony Wrote: It doesn't matter. If that team needs to get ahead of another team to get Lawrence they are gonna offer the farm or lose him..

Depends. Fields is also a factor. Lawrence isn’t the only high end QB coming out.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The only bright spots are the stars Joe Burrow sees every time he gets hit.

Haha, I remember the tackle you're speaking of. When he caught the ball in open field I was like "oh shiiiiiii"... and boom. That was a great tackle... I saw some good tackling today, though Hubbard missed a couple.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:57 PM)Tony Wrote: It doesn't matter. If that team needs to get ahead of another team to get Lawrence they are gonna offer the farm or lose him..

That and keeping him out of the division. The thought of him in Pittsburgh makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:28 PM)Cicero Wrote: That and keeping him out of the division. The thought of him in Pittsburgh makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. 

No worry of that. They’re 3-0 and will never be bad enough to land a #1 pick. Especially with that defense.

Reply/Quote
5 games in a row going back to last season we either won tied or lost by 1 score. Zac Taylor's longest such streak. He contributed 1 to the last 5 his first and Marvin's last 4
Reply/Quote