Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Broken Record, A Broken Record
[Image: Marvin-Lewis.jpg]

Guys I know Im a broken record here, but why does this week 1 surprise you? Its CLASSIC Marvin Lewis preparation 101. Doesn't matter the players or coaching staff...Marvin doesn't know how to prepare this team and never will. Thinking its only week one and things will magically turn around is a game you will be saying till about week 8 when your forced to face reality. 

The only thing Im hoping that will come out of this season is a new coach, and that is my game I play with myself as a Bengals fan....knowing deep down he'll be back in 2018 regardless if this team goes 2-14 or 14-2.
Reply/Quote
Prior to this game we were 7-7 in week 1 under Marvin Lewis so....
I agree Marvin needs to go but your assertion that because it's week 1 it means we lose is simply wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:30 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Prior to this game we were 7-7 in week 1 under Marvin Lewis so....
I agree Marvin needs to go but your assertion that because it's week 1 it means we lose is simply wrong.

correct. however, marvin being coach also means 0 playoff wins. so far as i can surmise that might as well mean 0 playoffs as well. good for him..... good for everybody. hoorayy. gtfo a here.
Reply/Quote
This year marks the end of the Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, and AJ Green Era.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This year marks the end of the Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, and AJ Green Era.

Is the team plane going down?  'Cause otherwise, I'm betting no.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Only Mikey Boy is dumb enough to continue to employ epic fail.

Paul Alexander has pics of Mikey as a eunuch.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is now  84-85 against the AFC in his career, 84-92 if you count the playoffs.

If you take away the 20-8 record against the Brownies, he's 64-77 against the rest of the AFC. 

His record against the top 5 AFC teams during his tenure (total wins & PO appearances) is too painful to even post. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:50 PM)WildCat Wrote: correct. however, marvin being coach also means 0 playoff wins. so far as i can surmise that might as well mean 0 playoffs as well. good for him..... good for everybody. hoorayy. gtfo a here.

Wut? I'm pretty sure we were discussing week 1. If he was talking about the playoffs I would completely agree. But when it comes to week 1 he is just wrong 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This year marks the end of the Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, and AJ Green Era.

Maybe poor Mikey can get some guys in here who want to win! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:58 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Wut? I'm pretty sure we were discussing week 1. If he was talking about the playoffs I would completely agree. But when it comes to week 1 he is just wrong 

we've never been discussing week 1. how's that playoff talk been going for us for awhile?

at what point do you just say ****'em? it's sad really. actually really really sad.
Reply/Quote
Mike and Marvin will NEVER admit they were wrong about anything; Cedric Ogbuhei, Boling, Paul Alexander, Ken Zampese, letting their best lineman go in FA, ANYTHING! That is why they fail! Their arrogance is crippling, a lost cause.
Reply/Quote
Cool your jets guys.

Marvin is going watch the film, make a plan for Texans, and coach them up in 3 days. Then it's all the way to the big game. Who dey
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:12 PM)WildCat Wrote: we've never been discussing week 1. how's that playoff talk been going for us for awhile?

at what point do you just say ****'em? it's sad really. actually really really sad.

The first line literally says "why does this week 1 surprise you"? 

Am I that drunk or what's happening?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:30 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Prior to this game we were 7-7 in week 1 under Marvin Lewis so....

(09-10-2017, 08:58 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Wut? I'm pretty sure we were discussing week 1. If he was talking about the playoffs I would completely agree. But when it comes to week 1 he is just wrong 

No Im talking about that it can be week 1 or week 16, with Marvin at the helm this team is going nowhere. 
Reply/Quote
That punt was it for me. I hate Marv more than I hate the steelers
Reply/Quote
They are who we thought they were.

Ol marv is still the head coach.

And we arent winning a shitting thing with a shitbag running the show.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: I play with myself

[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-1783-1489440615-1.gif?do...ality=auto]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin is now  84-85 against the AFC in his career, 84-92 if you count the playoffs.

If you take away the 20-8 record against the Brownies, he's 64-77 against the rest of the AFC. 

His record against the top 5 AFC teams during his tenure (total wins & PO appearances) is too painful to even post. Mellow

We're clearly a mediocre franchise...but most fans tolerate it because it's no 1990's pathetic.

Leave it to the Bengals to set the bar so low that below .500 and 0-7 in the playoffs is the glory days of the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe poor Mikey can get some guys in here who want to win! Ninja

Those types of guys take $$$ to bring in...and they want something more important than that. Something Mikey will never let anyone have...

They want control.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Those types of guys take $$$ to bring in...and they want something more important than that. Something Mikey will never let anyone have...

They want control.

Guys that want money aren't welcome here.  Look at Whitworth...dude left a constant contender in Cincy to go to the awful Rams.  Hell they only won by 35 points today.  The fool.  Taking millions of dollars to play for a team that actually attempts to get better.  I hope we've all learned a lesson from this.
Reply/Quote