Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Civil War is COMING!!!!
If an actual civil war would break out even though it won't, grocery stores would be depleted and gas stations would run dry from the disruption of trucking. Our society would break down within a week and anarchy would consume the country. Just my theory.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-03-2018, 11:20 AM)Millhouse Wrote: If an actual civil war would break out even though it won't, grocery stores would be depleted and gas stations would run dry from the disruption of trucking. Our society would break down within a week and anarchy would consume the country. Just my theory.

You are thinking of a snowstorm.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-03-2018, 11:20 AM)Millhouse Wrote: If an actual civil war would break out even though it won't, grocery stores would be depleted and gas stations would run dry from the disruption of trucking. Our society would break down within a week and anarchy would consume the country. Just my theory.

(07-03-2018, 11:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You are thinking of a snowstorm.

Or people trying to get out after a football game.

Or any kind of situation that even REMOTELY requires us to work together in an orderly fashion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
See, Jones screwed up. Not only is it a revolution and not a civil war, the planning calls for it to be on "America's birthday." We chose that so it would confuse people into thinking Independence Day. But our country's true birthday is Constitution Day. Mellow
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-03-2018, 12:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, Jones screwed up. Not only is it a revolution and not a civil war, the planning calls for it to be on "America's birthday." We chose that so it would confuse people into thinking Independence Day. But our country's true birthday is Constitution Day. Mellow

Mellow

Here is why there won't be civil war here.

If a large enough portion of the population wants change then they will vote it in.

If only a small portion of the population wants change and tries to do it by force they will be eliminated. You can't comparer what our military did against native rebels in other countries as a comparison. If the threat was here on US soil it would be eliminated quickly.

A home grown terror organization may cause some problems and create more of a military state here, but they won't take over or even be a serious threat to the government.

"Defending yourself against the government" is such a popular myth because gun makers promote it to drive up sales.
(07-03-2018, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is why there won't be  civil war here.

If a large enough portion of the population wants change then they will vote it in.

If only a small portion of the population wants change and tries to do it by force they will be eliminated.  You can't comparer what our military did against native rebels in other countries as a comparison.  If the threat was here on US soil it would be eliminated quickly.

A home grown terror organization may cause some problems and create more of a military state here, but they won't take over or even be a serious threat to the government.

"Defending yourself against the government" is such a popular myth because gun makers promote it to drive up sales.

I agree with this ^

And would only add that even if there were enough like minded people to make a significant attempt at overthrowing the Gov't., how would they ever meet and organize without being noticed?  The only way that it was able to happen in The Civil War, was because mass communications and technology were not yet a thing.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-03-2018, 09:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Even if I grant you every single one of your points, which I won't and I don't think anyone with military experience would, it still doesn't account for the will of the military to turn their weapons on their own people.  If you think there would be blind acceptance of such a situation then I don't know what to tell you.  As for making me feel better, it doesn't.  Such a scenario would be horrible.

Agreed.  The idea that the military would, or even that it certainly will eventually, walk through the streets exterminating American civilians seems pretty insulting and far-fetched.  One of my coworkers was saying about being ready to fight to the death if/when the government comes to take his guns and I had to ask him when he pictures that happening, what exactly does he picture?  I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but does he picture the military walking over the crest of the hill?  Are the local politicians there?  Is it handled by the police?  

(07-03-2018, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with this ^

And would only add that even if there were enough like minded people to make a significant attempt at overthrowing the Gov't., how would they ever meet and organize without being noticed?  The only way that it was able to happen in The Civil War, was because mass communications and technology were not yet a thing.  

That's another scenario that seems rather grey to me.  Do we really have the right to overthrow the government?  From what I've seen people who take to arms against the government are labeled lone maniacs or fringe cults and killed or thrown in prison.  How does overthrowing the government occur and how will we be able to tell it from insane terroristic action? 
(07-04-2018, 12:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  The idea that the military would, or even that it certainly will eventually, walk through the streets exterminating American civilians seems pretty insulting and far-fetched.  One of my coworkers was saying about being ready to fight to the death if/when the government comes to take his guns and I had to ask him when he pictures that happening, what exactly does he picture?  I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but does he picture the military walking over the crest of the hill?  Are the local politicians there?  Is it handled by the police?  

The military going street to street, door to door to fight against militias is something I can't see happening either.  I still maintain that the militias could not "win" a war and take over the government.

As to the "take my guns" argument I also agree.  They will never do it.  But if they did they would win that one too.
(07-04-2018, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: The military going street to street, door to door to fight against militias is something I can't see happening either.  I still maintain that the militias could not "win" a war and take over the government.

As to the "take my guns" argument I also agree.  They will never do it.  But if they did they would win that one too.

It always struck me as one of those "not gonna  happen, so I'll just brag that I'd do something heroic" sort of things.  I've heard people say that IF the draft came back AND they got drafted they'd gleefully destroy so many towel-heads *takes another swig of beer*  The same guy who was sure would fight bravely to the death against the government also said that he thinks that a militia of Pennsylvania hunters (which he happened to be) would be preferable to trained soldiers in a fight.  I've had more than 1 Pennsylvania hunter tell me this.  Neither of them had any military experience, but both were sure their years of drinking beer and shooting animals made them superior to whatever they assumed soldiers did.

I had a friend who only drank Coke...hey good for him.  BUT the kicker is that he said (with 100% certainly, no less)  that if Pepsi offered him a million dollars to do a commercial for them he'd say NO.  If I had kids they'd be better than your kids, is a good one.  

I was strumming a guitar and singing some songs for my buddy's family once years ago and they seemed amused enough.  In the break between songs my buddy said "If I played guitar, I'd play lead guitar" which is one of my favorite statements ever.  On the music side of things, the friend who said he wouldn't do the commercial for Pepsi was also "in a band" that never recorded anything, had one song they were working on for over a decade, and were certain they'd be #1 hit famous.  At the time a song I wrote and recorded was used in a commercial, and I'd been involved with some mildly successful projects and they weren't too impressed because they were "going to be famous."

Every time there is a shooting practically everyone talks about how they'd run heroically into the fray and save the day...etc.

Anyways, I could go on.  People are so full of it that it entertains me to no end.  I'm sure I'm full of it, too. Hell, if a tiger walks through my front door right now I'll totally kick its ass. Right...........now. Now....now.
Back on topic!

Today is the day!

[Image: 36598058_10156075319804998_7868134981078...e=5BE61047]
"Dear heart, today we took a captive. We forced him to do hard labor. So far he has baked 75 gay wedding cakes. Adam and Steve's battle-side ceremony was beautiful. They thank you for the toaster. #secondcivilwarletters"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
[Image: 36596328_2216568031693793_68712933353324...e=5BE508C2]
(07-04-2018, 01:02 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "Dear heart, today we took a captive. We forced him to do hard labor. So far he has baked 75 gay wedding cakes. Adam and Steve's battle-side ceremony was beautiful. They thank you for the toaster. #secondcivilwarletters"

Dearest mother,

Our conquest continues as the enemy argues with each other over who has the biggest gun.

We light our campfires with their bibles.

Onward.

#secondcivilwarletters

[Image: 36607633_10211761454416689_6941232501176...e=5BAB07C3]
I brought some kale for everybody! But I can only stay for the war until 6PM. I have yoga tonight.
(07-04-2018, 07:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I brought some kale for everybody! But I can only stay for the war until 6PM. I have yoga tonight.

=

[Image: tumblr_mwa7drgDOQ1rdh9azo1_500.gif?resize=486%2C262]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V