Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020
(10-18-2019, 02:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: If there is such a can't miss super QB at the top of the draft where we are picking I am not opposed to taking them - as long as we go in knowing we will have to redshirt the player for the first year while we try to create a usable OL. If we put a new QB out there behind this garbage line all we will do is get them shell shocked.

Looking at how guys like Mariota turned out in the Pros...there is no such thing as Can't Miss. Tua could turn into Mariota.

He has a heck of a skillset, but he needs talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 03:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You are not getting a first RD pick for Geno or AJ + you're  not going to get a second for Dre.

agreed...these guys are on downward slope and aJ is brittle...
We are lucky to get a 3rd for AJ and a 4th for Geno. 
Geno is not showing up anymore...barely noticable
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 07:41 PM)kalibengal Wrote: agreed...these guys are on downward slope and aJ is brittle...
We are lucky to get a 3rd for AJ and a 4th for Geno. 
Geno is not showing up anymore...barely noticable

We're going to see soon. The trade deadline is approaching.

I've seen it reported that Green is open to an extension and the Bengals won't trade him. I've also seen it speculated that the Bengals are holding him out so he doesn't get hurt and they can trade him.

Pretty contradictory.

Man, I'll hate to see AJ go if he does indeed move on. One of my favorite Bengals of all-time.

Outside of Green, Atkins, Dunlap...a lot of the newer guys don't really seem that likeable.
Reply/Quote
I think the clear path forward is to look forward to baseball season and hope the Reds win this next season.. They at least appear to be trying to put together a winning product as opposed to the Bengals who are not.. You don't even have to like baseball to see the writing on the wall here.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch us get the 1st or 2nd pick and take a 1 year wonder like Joe Burrow with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 10:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think the clear path forward is to look forward to baseball season and hope the Reds win this next season.. They at least appear to be trying to put together a winning product as opposed to the Bengals who are not.. You don't even have to like baseball to see the writing on the wall here.. 

There is a baseball subforum here, you know...  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 10:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Watch us get the 1st or 2nd pick and take a 1 year wonder like Joe Burrow with it.

Fml. Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote