Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown HAS a GM!
It’s his 1991 Chevy Lumina. It’s in his garage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 01:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s his 1991 Chevy Lumina.  It’s in his garage.

He needs Kirk Herbstreit to be his General Manager.

And he probably does have a 1991 Lumina...cheap ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 01:22 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He needs Kirk Herbstreit to be his General Manager.

To be fair that Lumina is probably still in mint condition and destined to be a classic someday.. You know..like all those classic Ford Fairmont's you see young people clamoring to buy before they fall apart? 

I still remember some guy walking into the Earl Schribes I worked at years ago telling me about the Fairmont he had that was rusting apart and how it would soon be a CLASSIC!    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 01:22 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He needs Kirk Herbstreit to be his General Manager.

In all seriousness, that’s actually a very good idea. Kirk Herbstreit is a local guy from Centerville; he’s probably a year or two older than me. I didn’t go to Centerville but everyone from this area in the late 1980s knew who he was.

Kirk is smart and he recognizes college talent so that’s a plus — but I’m not sure Mike Brown watches any college football.
Reply/Quote
Kirk is a great idea but why would he leave his high paying comfy job at ESPN to work for Mike Brown?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 03:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Kirk is a great idea but why would he leave his high paying comfy job at ESPN to work for Mike Brown?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Obviously, the '91 GM needs a new chip..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown should change his name to William Crush as in the railroad executive who thought it was a great idea to charge people admission to watch two locomotives collide .
True story 
Quote:Locomotives wear out and have to be scrapped. In 1896, the appropriately-named William Crush, vice president of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad, came up with a more entertaining and lucrative way of disposing of old locomotives - charge people admission to see a head-on collision. Unfortunately, he underestimated the power of the explosion when the boilers burst. Two (some estimates are higher) spectators were killed, many injured, and the railroad was in litigation for years. Never again would a railroad stage a train wreck.

Watching the event was farmer Joseph Connolly, who saw a potential for a tremendous spectacle if it was done properly. He plowed most of his savings into the attempt and submitted his idea to the Iowa State Fair, who at first were horrified and turned him down. Connolly finally prevailed by assuming all the risks and liability. The event drew 35,000 spectators and was a complete success. From that day on, Connolly was known as "Head-on Joe." Over the years, his wrecks got more spectacular; he took to dousing railroad cars with kerosene to make a more spectacular crash. His last wreck was in 1932, involving two locomotives nicknamed "Hoover" and "Roosevelt." In 36 years he staged 73 wrecks using, predictably, 146 locomotives. He earned over a million dollars, had millions of spectators, and not a single spectator injury.
The 2019 (and likely beyond) Cincinnati Bengals 
https://youtu.be/_colNHI7K-8

The Bengals could charge admission to watch them crash and burn instead of attempting to win games. Bengals D vs O and see who makes the biggest explosion or perhaps the most gruesome injuries if they could find willing participants.. It would probably be much more entertaining than watching actual football games..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Savor this Bengal championship!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I hope there'll come a day where Brown sells the team.

Just as long as the new owners keep the team in Cinci and keep the same name, helmet, and colors.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
I don't know why people still even discuss this, the GM is DUKE TOBIN
Reply/Quote