Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Closer Look, PFF Wild Card Weekend
(01-17-2023, 11:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: My biggest worry on defense is their inability to generate a lot of pressure on the QB.  They sacked Huntley once, right?  Felt like the guy had a ton of time to throw all game long.

They cannot give Allen time in the pocket, otherwise he'll kill us on the deep ball (especially if Apple is covering Diggs).  Lou's gotta figure out a way to get to Allen.  Force third and long situations.  Allen will try to play "hero ball" and make mistakes.

They did put pressure on him when they needed to later in the game. Hubbard was spying him as they did not want to lose too much contain. Lou is excellent at devising game plans and knowing when to get pressure via the front 4, the front 7 or dialing up a blitz.
Reply/Quote
What did CTB rate? I've read where he's the best tackler in the NFL.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: On an aside, Hairball is taking a bunch of crap on twitter and FB for his snarky interview after the first quarter. And Dobbins is doing the same for saying they would have won if Lamar played. Talk about throwing Huntley under the bus....

Exactly why culture is so important in the locker room. 

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 02:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly why culture is so important in the locker room. 

almost had a scare with Pratt but thankfully that was squashed
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good breakdown, Racer.

Now please change that avatar.

Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Our pass rushers have had trouble finishing sacks all year. 

They were constantly in the backfield pressuring Huntley, but couldn't get to him and finish him off. Huntley is elusive, so give him credit, but I feel like our pass rushers aren't super-fast to chase and close. 

Josh Allen presents the same problem. He is fast enough to get away and he's even harder to bring down and tackle. 

To be fair, the Bengals don't blitz very often.  The pass rush is designed to generate pressure, but it isn't always necessary to create a sack to negatively impact the play.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did CTB rate? I've read where he's the best tackler in the NFL.

Cam was a 57.2, but I remember one play he made a huge tackle that forced a punt.  Forget exact situation.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good breakdown, Racer.

Now please change that avatar.

Haha.  Done.  I did the Bengal Christmas Tree.  It is the only decoration I have not taken down....nor will I.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did CTB rate? I've read where he's the best tackler in the NFL.

Looking at ProFootball Reference, he had a good night in coverage, allowing only 2 catches on 5 targets for 27 yards.

Tackling was once again an issue, though.  He had 1 solo and 1 assisted tackle against 2 missed tackles, for a 50% missed tackle %.  If you remember the screen to Dobbins where one of our guys gets his ankles broken and falls on his ass as he flies by Dobbins, that was CTB.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 02:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Looking at ProFootball Reference, he had a good night in coverage, allowing only 2 catches on 5 targets for 27 yards.

Tackling was once again an issue, though.  He had 1 solo and 1 assisted tackle against 2 missed tackles, for a 50% missed tackle %.  If you remember the screen to Dobbins where one of our guys gets his ankles broken and falls on his ass as he flies by Dobbins, that was CTB.

CTB could teach some QBs how to slide they way he slid across the field on that play. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote