Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
A Cop in Pittsburgh
Today at work one of our guys announced he was changing careers and leaving to become a police officer in Pittsburgh. I immediately responded, "You're going to meet Ben Roethlisberger!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So when do you change your career to be a stand up comedian?
Reply/Quote
Swing and a miss...

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what the man's expression was?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A job is a job.. of course I'm sure that if someone offered you a million dollars to move to Pittsburgh for a week you'd decline on the basis of football..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 04:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: A job is a job.. of course I'm sure that if someone offered you a million dollars to move to Pittsburgh for a week you'd decline on the basis of football..

Pittsburgh actually isn't too bad. Some roads kind of suck, but overall it's not as bad as people think.

Just a ton of traffic. So. Much. Traffic.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Got him?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Pittsburgh actually isn't too bad. Some roads kind of suck, but overall it's not as bad as people think.

Just a ton of traffic. So. Much. Traffic.

Have to disagree strongly.  That place is a maze of roads where GPS works only when it wants to... and that isn't too often.  Suck-city if you ask me through and through.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 01:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So when do you change your career to be a stand up comedian?

Roughly a week before he starves to death.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Can we please delete this thread?  It's so unfunny that it makes me uncomfortable.
Reply/Quote
You suck.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 09:49 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: You suck.

You're gonna have to be a lot more specific.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Ugh that town sucks to drive around.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 10:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You're gonna have to be a lot more specific.

OP tried to make a joke. I treated him like a comedian that makes a bad joke. Lots of "you suck"s coming from the crowd.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 12:50 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Today at work one of our guys announced he was changing careers and leaving to become a police officer in Pittsburgh.  I immediately responded, "You're going to meet Ben Roethlisberger!"

Dude, don't listen to them. This is hilarious. I bet that guy was standing there thinking, "well there's the egg all over my face for taking this job". LOLOLOLOL!!!

Not only is this gut busting funny but it is painfully true! I hope Ben doesn't ask this guy to "fix his tv" in his prison cell! LOLOLOLOL! 

Look at me trying to make jokes when the reality is I can't stop laughing at your joke!! I'm a fool to even try!! LOLOLOLOL!

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 10:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Dude, don't listen to them. This is hilarious. I bet that guy was standing there thinking, "well there's the egg all over my face for taking this job". LOLOLOLOL!!!

Not only is this gut busting funny but it is painfully true! I hope Ben doesn't ask this guy to "fix his tv" in his prison cell! LOLOLOLOL! 

Look at me trying to make jokes when the reality is I can't stop laughing at your joke!! I'm a fool to even try!! LOLOLOLOL!

OH MY GOD NOW I GET IT! This is THE FUNNIEST JOKE I have ever read.
Reply/Quote
I have a joke. I lived in Pittsburgh for the past year...longest decade of my life.

*rimshot*
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:01 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Have to disagree strongly.  That place is a maze of roads where GPS works only when it wants to... and that isn't too often.  Suck-city if you ask me through and through.

True, true. I mostly stay towards the South Side area and sometimes travel out towards Oakland.

Then again, it's probably because I'm so used to it by now.

But yeah, GPS sucks there. And again, traffic.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Hate traffic? Stay out of the greater Dallas area.. The freeways are horrific. If you try to go the posted speed limit you'll either get hit from behind or run over the person in front of you. It goes like 106mph to zero and sitting still right back to 106 back to zero all within a half a mile.. When traffic backs up people usually just drive right off the road over fences and even railroad tracks.. Yes, I did see someone do that.. And don't forget all those wonderful exploding gasoline trucks that get hit by drunk drivers going the wrong way on the freeway.. I lived half a block from one when the entire bridge had to be rebuilt after the gas truck burned.. Fun times!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The cops in Pittsburgh are all very nice. I've had some good run-ins with a few of them, never breaking the law of course, but good run-ins nonetheless. I hope the guy gets in the gym regularly because the officers here are really serious about fitness and looking good. Which is good. Nothing like a nice fit cop to make you feel safe.
Reply/Quote