Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Dalton is 6th in accuracy
(10-21-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think it is out of control, just think some of the ticky tack stuff could go away.  Sometimes the pass interference and/or defensive holding seems a little over the top.  Offense generates excitement for the great bulk of fans, and especially for new fans they are trying to attract.  It's just the way it works.

Agree.

Receivers cry for a flag everytime a defender is near them.
Reply/Quote
Heck I always expect a flag on any mid-deep incompletion, and I always expect a flag when a RB breaks one. Flags are out of control right now. IMO, the whole league is messed up. Instead of focusing on making games more "exciting" via rules that help offenses, they need to improve on this so-called parity. 9 teams have combined to win 75% of all Super Bowls. Meanwhile, 13 teams have never won a championship in a combined 549 years of existence.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Would anyone have guessed the 5 above him?

1 Sam Bradford, QB MIN 70.4 990
2 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 68.9 1,648
3 Brian Hoyer, QB        CHI 68.8 1,396
4 Dak Prescott, QB DAL  68.7 1,486
5 Matt Ryan, QB        ATL 68.1 2,075
6 Andy Dalton, QB        CIN 67.4 1,757

Pretty amazing. Dude is good, proud of him as my QB.

He also pushes the ball down the field more than most of those guys besides Ryan and Stafford.

He also has had his #1 TE dropping quite a few passes and even Boyd and Lafell have dropped a few.

Has not had his top RZ threat this year.

He also probably has had the worst OL of any of those 5 ahead of him...
Reply/Quote
You mean completion percentage? Big difference because with completion % the drops come into play and Andy's recievers have dropped a bunch!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 12:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck I always expect a flag on any mid-deep incompletion, and I always expect a flag when a RB breaks one. Flags are out of control right now. IMO, the whole league is messed up. Instead of focusing on making games more "exciting" via rules that help offenses, they need to improve on this so-called parity. 9 teams have combined to win 75% of all Super Bowls. Meanwhile, 13 teams have never won a championship in a combined 549 years of existence.

And what about a kickoff or punt?  I just assume there will be a block in the back on any return over 10 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: And what about a kickoff or punt?  I just assume there will be a block in the back on any return over 10 yards.

Oh no doubt. I never get too excited on a long return anymore. Too busy looking for the flag.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh no doubt. I never get too excited on a long return anymore. Too busy looking for the flag.

All these flags are a huge part of the viewership decline. I've had co-workers tell me that they watch less football simply because any exciting play is called back.

If a WR drops a ball, he calls for PI. If a WR makes the catch, then the DB calls for a push off.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: All these flags are a huge part of the viewership decline. I've had co-workers tell me that they watch less football simply because any exciting play is called back.

This is ridiculous.  There were actually more penalties called in 2005 than in the last couple of years.

And even at the highest point there were still pnealties on fewer than 10% of the plays.

No one has stopped watching football because of penalties.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.  There were actually more penalties called in 2005 than in the last couple of years.

And even at the highest point there were still pnealties on fewer than 10% of the plays.

Well they are annoying Fred.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is ridiculous.  There were actually more penalties called in 2005 than in the last couple of years.

Okay Fred, I'll go tell my coworkers they're wrong since this random guy on the internet says so.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Okay Fred, I'll go tell my coworkers they're wrong since this random guy on the internet says so.

Yeah, they don't know what they are talkin about. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Okay Fred, I'll go tell my coworkers they're wrong since this random guy on the internet says so.

To be fair that is just casual observation of a small sample size, nothing to draw any real conclusion from. If you were in a crowd of 5 buddies and they all said the decline in viewership is because the uniforms are ugly it doesn't mean that is a real reason why there is a decline just what a like minded group believes.

In all honesty if the NFL knew they would fix it, but no one really knows it is just guessing.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 04:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair that is just casual observation of a small sample size, nothing to draw any real conclusion from. If you were in a crowd of 5 buddies and they all said the decline in viewership is because the uniforms are ugly it doesn't mean that is a real reason why there is a decline just what a like minded group believes.

In all honesty if the NFL knew they would fix it, but no one really knows it is just guessing.

It was just one example. Obviously.

I've gone onto other boards and seen fans talk about why they're not tuning in. Penalties are ONE of the reasons they're tuning out. Even Sean McDonough acknowledged it on MNF recently. McDonough and Gruden both said that these games have been hard to watch/broadcast because of the officiating.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It was just one example. Obviously.

I've gone onto other boards and seen fans talk about why they're not tuning in. Penalties are ONE of the reasons they're tuning out. Even Sean McDonough acknowledged it on MNF recently. McDonough and Gruden both said that these games have been hard to watch/broadcast because of the officiating.

Now you're just being silly, no they didn't.

Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 04:38 PM)jason Wrote: He's 6th on this list, but 1st in our hearts.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M5a132c83367c06739b4b300e421a0...=223&h=168] "So Andy keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dalton has jumped up a spot. He now has the 9th best passer rating among active QBs and also ranks 14th all time.
Reply/Quote
Currently:

Att - 7th
Comp- 7th
Pct - 7th
Yds - 4th
Yds/G - 5th
Yds/A- 3rd
Tds - T14th
Int - T3rd (least)
Rate- 7th

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 12:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Currently:

Att - 7th
Comp- 7th
Pct - 7th
Yds - 4th
Yds/G - 5th
Yds/A- 3rd
Tds - T14th
Int - T8th (least)
Rate- 7th

He is tied for 5th in fewest INTs (2 INTs) in the league with at least 100 completions. The three tied for 2nd (1 INT) is Wilson, Prescott and Bradford who all have 4 fumbles. Brian Hoyer is 1st with 0 INTs, but he has 3 fumbles. Dalton has 2 fumbles. Dalton has turned the ball over the fewest out of any QB in the league who have at least 100 completions.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 12:30 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He is tied for 5th in fewest INTs (2 INTs) in the league with at least 100 completions. The three tied for 2nd (1 INT) is Wilson, Prescott and Bradford who all have 4 fumbles. Brian Hoyer is 1st with 0 INTs, but he has 3 fumbles. Dalton has 2 fumbles. Dalton has turned the ball over the fewest out of any QB in the league who have at least 100 completions.

I don't know what's up with my head today. That's the 2nd time i've screwed up a number. 

Actually, He'd be tied for 3rd for those that qualify (14 att per game). 
1.Brady, Hoyer - 0
2. Bradford, Wilson, Kessler, Prescott - 1
3. Dalton, Smith, Taylor - 2

Dalton was the 8th QB i counted, that qualified. That's how i came up with the stupid number.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Beast mode Green, Dependable LaFell, Boyd on the rise, and some Tyler Eifert. Somehow I'm becoming increasingly optimistic about this pass offense going forward. And this will almost certainly help the run game, along with what I hope was a re-energizer for Gio and Hill against the Browns.

Note: This optimism is completely dependent on our Offensive Line and Defense not ruining the season for us 2 games in a row.
Reply/Quote