Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Double Dose of Nostalgia: VH1 I Love The...
Not sure if you guys remember the tv series "VH1 I Love The..." (Insert Decade Here)." They did one for the 70's, 80's, 90's and even 2000's.

Anyways, I recently stumbled across them on youtube. They're really interesting to watch now. Not only do you get some nostalgia for the decade they're covering, but you get also nostalgia for the time the show was made. (Ex: Listening to people in the early 2000's talk about the 80's.)

I don't know if I'm doing the best job in describing this but it's pretty interesting to watch now. I enjoyed the show when it first came on but it's not like I loved it. But it's definitely wild to watch in 2021. You also find yourself wondering what happened to this commentator, or that commentator, while also seeing people who went on to become HUGE stars. A young Chris Pratt has been on a few, fellow Marvel guy Anthony Mackie, Beyonce, etc. There's also people who have since passed like Stuart Scott.

I thought it might be worth mentioning on here. Don't know if you guys watch a lot of youtube but it might worth checking out. Fwiw, I just pulled up the playlist for the 80's ones just to show you what I'm talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRn8ED_2UEQ&list=PL2aZgIkLTV7_lzjom3hbs_wRDq1TSqqQI
Reply/Quote