Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fit - CTB Mic'd Up
Culture. We talk about culture and it's kinda like when someone one has the "it" factor. What is it really? Judging from the Mic'd up, CTB fits with what we hear from other leaders in the secondary (Bell, Hilton). I can see why our scouts thought he'd mesh.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
LOVE his energy! This kid just seems like a winner. The way he carries himself is very impressive so far. I've got a good feeling about him. Zac Taylor really brought in a whole new culture and its so fun to cheer for. In the Marvin days I feel like talent was prioritized over other things like character and work ethic. Thats how you get uber-talented bone heads like William Jackson and Pacman who end up fizzling out. ZTs culture is built to last.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:01 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: LOVE his energy!  This kid just seems like a winner.  The way he carries himself is very impressive so far.  I've got a good feeling about him.  Zac Taylor really brought in a whole new culture and its so fun to cheer for.  In the Marvin days I feel like talent was prioritized over other things like character and work ethic.  Thats how you get uber-talented bone heads like William Jackson and Pacman who end up fizzling out.  ZTs culture is built to last.

Pacman had his issues off the field, but I would not say he fizzled out. He played a lot of good football here, and could probably still return punts better than anyone currently on the field.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pacman had his issues off the field, but I would not say he fizzled out. He played a lot of good football here, and could probably still return punts better than anyone currently on the field.

"fizzled out" is my nice way of saying lost us a playoff game vs the Steelers by being an idiot. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
My favorite pick of our draft.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My favorite pick of our draft.

same here, followed by Hill.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:25 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: "fizzled out" is my nice way of saying lost us a playoff game vs the Steelers by being an idiot. 

Think of a different thing to say then, because it's wrong. He didn't fumble when the clock needed run out, didn't ignore the penalty of a defenseless receiver taking a hit to his face with the crown of a helmet, and didn't ignore the penalty of a coach walking onto the field and into the Bengals huddle. What he did do was help hold the 3rd overall/3rd passing/4th scoring offense to just 18 points, despite the Bengals offense turning the ball over 4 times and scoring 0 points in the first 46 minutes of the game, while also having a 24 yard punt return that started the Bengals on the Steelers side of the field for a TD.

Adam Jones is FAR down on the list of why the Bengals lost in the 2015 postseason. It's a tired false narrative. I don't see you shitting on Logan Wilson saying he fizzled out and cost the Bengals by being an idiot for his penalty in the Super Bowl.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  I don't see you shitting on Logan Wilson saying he fizzled out and cost the Bengals by being an idiot for his penalty in the Super Bowl.

Maybe because Logan Wilsons penalty was him trying to make a play and not getting baited like an idiot in-between plays by an assistant coach?  Are you being serious or messing with me?  You don't think Pacman had anything to do with that loss?  Buddy...

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Adam Jones is FAR down on the list of why the Bengals lost in the 2015 postseason.

(06-07-2022, 06:46 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Maybe because Logan Wilsons penalty was him trying to make a play and not getting baited like an idiot in-between plays by an assistant coach?  Are you being serious or messing with me?  You don't think Pacman had anything to do with that loss?  Buddy...

Yup, that's exactly what I wrote. Nice reading. Buddy.  Rolleyes

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 08:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Culture. We talk about culture and it's kinda like when someone one has the "it" factor. What is it really? Judging from the Mic'd up, CTB fits with what we hear from other leaders in the secondary (Bell, Hilton). I can see why our scouts thought he'd mesh.

The new culture surrounding the entire Bengals organization is just remarkable. I'm looking forward to a great season ahead and for years to come.
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/rookie-cb-cam-taylor-britt-keeps-big-personality-intact

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 08:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Culture. We talk about culture and it's kinda like when someone one has the "it" factor. What is it really? Judging from the Mic'd up, CTB fits with what we hear from other leaders in the secondary (Bell, Hilton). I can see why our scouts thought he'd mesh.

CTB seems like he's going to be a fun personality for the Bengals.
I feel like the Bengals haven't had a fun personality on defense in a while.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So glad we traded up for this guy. He could start over Apple as a rookie and it wouldn't surprise me.

He is that talented and he is a ballhawk. The Dax Hill, CTB and Volson picks were my favorite picks.

I need to see Carter at 3-tech getting to the QB before I can say anything on this pick.

Tycen is extremely talented, could be a good one in a couple years.

Gunter needs to gain some strength and he could be a good rotational pass rusher for us too.

Just a fantastic Draft honestly and yeah CTB might be my fave pick but hard to say.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: CTB seems like he's going to be a fun personality for the Bengals.
I feel like the Bengals haven't had a fun personality on defense in a while.

Mike Hilton. But it had been a while before that.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 10:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike Hilton. But it had been a while before that.

Von Bell has a fun personality too, same with Hendrickson who can be funny how he gets in the OL's head.

BJ Hill I also like, when he gets a sack or a TFL he does that funny dance, kind of like a baby in a cradle lol

Reminds me of Peko when he rubbed his belly. Smirk

But yeah, Mike Hilton is a blast.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Von Bell has a fun personality too, same with Hendrickson who can be funny how he gets in the OL's head.

BJ Hill I also like, when he gets a sack or a TFL he does that funny dance, kind of like a baby in a cradle lol

Reminds me of Peko when he rubbed his belly. Smirk

But yeah, Mike Hilton is a blast.

BJ Hill is a fun dude. His social media interactions with his buddy Pratt crack me up.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: BJ Hill is a fun dude. His social media interactions with his buddy Pratt crack me up.

Yep, happy we got him locked up for awhile and he came into his own with us. Cool player and cool dude off the field.

I remember when he came out he reminded me a bit of Geno in college and I wanted us to draft him in the mid rounds.

Awesome how things sorted out.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 09:25 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: "fizzled out" is my nice way of saying lost us a playoff game vs the Steelers by being an idiot. 

He didn't lose us that game. Pissburgh would have hit the FG from Burfict's penalty. And, the fact the refs threw a flag on Pacman for going after Jerry Porter for being in the our huddle, and not flagging Jerry Porter for being in our huddle shows the NFL was ensuring Pissburgh won that game. No one will ever change my mind on that one, it was too blatant a penalty to not get a flag, especially after calling attention to it by flagging Jones. Porter had ZERO right to even be on the field, let alone in our huddle.  
Reply/Quote