Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green #37 in the top 100 players
So, Green was announced yesterday as the 37th best player in the league (down from #9 last year). How surprised are you with this list so far? If he didn't get hurt last year he would have been higher. Personally I think it's a shame we don't have anyone other than Green on that list, and he was only at #37.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2015/0ap3000000497464/Top-100-Players-of-2015-No-37-A-J-Green
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not surprised but still disappointed the players still don't respect Whitworth.

If only 1 Bengal is on here it should undoubtedly be him, no disrespect to A.J.
Reply/Quote
Are they doing another one of these stupid lists again?

For the love of God, make it stop!
Reply/Quote
Agree Joe. I wonder what teams use websites to scout their next opponent? Wait, I don't want to know!
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 10:19 PM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Agree Joe.  I wonder what teams use websites to scout their next opponent?  Wait, I don't want to know!

Non issue who cares
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 05:52 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Not surprised but still disappointed the players still don't respect Whitworth.

If only 1 Bengal is on here it should undoubtedly be him, no disrespect to A.J.

I like Whitworth just as much as the next man but AJ Green is a beast. The fans on these message forums are always quick to blame or undervalue AJ Green. I've never understood it. Last year NFL rated him one of the 10 best players in football yet on the old message board u'd have hoards of fans criticizing and ridiculing him but in the same breath defending players like Dalton. How quick people are to forget plays where AJ Green is running wide open to win the playoff game at houston and Dalton overshoots him by 5 yards.

With all that said I agree with you on the point that Whitworth should be in the top 100 but you shouldn't have to replace Green to do it.
Reply/Quote
AJ wasn't a top 100 player last year. The only guys we had that were are Hill and Whit.

Neither made the list.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:36 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: AJ wasn't a top 100 player last year. The only guys we had that were are Hill and Whit.

Neither made the list.

I agree, this list is a joke. A stupid popularity contest.   :snark:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:00 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I like Whitworth just as much as the next man but AJ Green is a beast. The fans on these message forums are always quick to blame or undervalue AJ Green. I've never understood it. Last year NFL rated him one of the 10 best players in football yet on the old message board u'd have hoards of fans criticizing and ridiculing him but in the same breath defending players like Dalton. How quick people are to forget plays where AJ Green is running wide open to win the playoff game at houston and Dalton overshoots him by 5 yards.

With all that said I agree with you on the point that Whitworth should be in the top 100 but you shouldn't have to replace Green to do it.

Are you sure you're not a closet Badgers fan?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:36 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: AJ wasn't a top 100 player last year. The only guys we had that were are Hill and Whit.

Neither made the list.

have they revealed all 100? whit could still make the list.

If we base this just on last season 37 seems about right for AJ. IF they are picking for who will be the 100 best this year i think that will be too low. (low as in to far from top 10-20 range)
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have they revealed all 100?  whit could still make the list.

If we base this just on last season 37 seems about right for AJ.  IF they are picking for who will be the 100 best this year i think that will be too low. (low as in to far from top 10-20 range)

Whit is good, but he's just not a top 30 player. There is no way that he makes the list.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whit is good, but he's just not a top 30 player. There is no way that he makes the list.

I can't even remember what they base these lists off of, is it 2015 projections or the 2014 season?

Whit was probably one of the 30 best players in the world last year if you consider the absurd season he had in pass protection. 9 total pressures including 10 shut outs? That's damn impressive. A couple LTs gave up almost 9 pressures in a single game last year.

I don't think he'll make the list though, but just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whit is good, but he's just not a top 30 player. There is no way that he makes the list.

The numbers say Whit was the best LT in the league last year.  How is being the best at such a premium position not worthy of the top 30?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:25 PM)McC Wrote: The numbers say Whit was the best LT in the league last year.  How is being the best at such a premium position not worthy of the top 30?

Because there are much better players?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because there are much better players?

Since 2007, there has only been 1 instance where a tackle (RT or LT with starter snap counts) has given up less than 10 total pressures in a season.

That instance was 2014 Andrew Whitworth.

I'm sure that you can name 30 players that have also taken down an achievement similar to that though.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because there are much better players?

Not really. 

What he did last year is top 15 worthy.

What's the most important position in football? The QB. The next two most important positions? The guy who keeps him upright and the guy who can put him on the turf. 
Whitworth won all but 9 of those battles. 

Out of 615 pass pro snaps, he lost on 9 of them.
do you realize how absurd that is on the OL? 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not really. 

What he did last year is top 15 worthy.

What's the most important position in football? The QB. The next two most important positions? The guy who keeps him upright and the guy who can put him on the turf. 
Whitworth won all but 9 of those battles. 

Out of 615 pass pro snaps, he lost on 9 of them.
do you realize how absurd that is on the OL? 

Whitworth's 2014 is the highest pass blocking efficiency (98.7) since they started compiling these stats for the o-line in 2007.

That's also including right tackles BTW.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:46 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Whitworth's 2014 is the highest pass blocking efficiency (98.7) since they started compiling these stats for the o-line in 2007.

That's also including right tackles BTW.

It's absurd. If anyone has played on the OL they understand how ridiculous it is at that kind of level (NFL) to go out there 615 times and win 606 of them. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's absurd. If anyone has played on the OL they understand how ridiculous it is at that kind of level (NFL) to go out there 615 times and win 606 of them. 

The fact that no one else has done that in 8 years and not many have even come close should be enough of an indicator.

His pass blocking was absolutely insane last year and that's a huuuge accomplishment for a LT in the NFL. It's not like he was getting consistently mauled in run blocking either, he had many, many huge blocks in that facet of the game as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 01:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The fact that no one else has done that in 8 years and not many have even come close should be enough of an indicator.

His pass blocking was absolutely insane last year and that's a huuuge accomplishment for a LT in the NFL. It's not like he was getting consistently mauled in run blocking either, he had many, many huge blocks in that facet of the game as well.

Gotta wonder how high on the list he would be if he played for say Dallas or one of the new york clubs.

but this is players ranking players right?
Reply/Quote