Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green #37 in the top 100 players
The fact is Whit did play well, but there are way more impactful players than him. I get how the OL is one of the most important things on the field. The thing is the OL is a unit only as good as it's weakest player. If Whit is out there with a bunch of mediocre players the line is going to be mediocre. If a dominant RB is out there with a lot of mediocre players he can still have a huge impact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 02:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Gotta wonder how high on the list he would be if he played for say Dallas or one of the new york clubs.

but this is players ranking players right?

Yeah it's a players ranking, so you'd think they'd respect Whitworth especially after such a crazy good year put up by him.

(06-19-2015, 02:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The fact is Whit did play well, but there are way more impactful players than him. I get how the OL is one of the most important things on the field. The thing is the OL is a unit only as good as it's weakest player. If Whit is out there with a bunch of mediocre players the line is going to be mediocre. If a dominant RB is out there with a lot of mediocre players he can still have a huge impact.

Having a good LT can do a lot for an offensive line. Good LTs are also not easy to find. Those are both reasons that they are the highest paid guys in that group.

I could understand your point if Whit had one of his usual pretty damn good seasons, but this wasn't like the others. He didn't just "play well", he had a once a decade type season for a LT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 02:34 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah it's a players ranking, so you'd think they'd respect Whitworth especially after such a crazy good year put up by him.

Having a good LT can do a lot for an offensive line. Good LTs are also not easy to find. Those are both reasons that they are the highest paid guys in that group.

I could understand your point if Whit had one of his usual pretty damn good seasons, but this wasn't like the others. He didn't just "play well", he had a once a decade type season for a LT in the NFL.

hes like a fine wine and just getting better with age.

Beyond the pass blocking dude has a little speed and gets down field for blocks occansionally as well. But we dont know hes been snubbed yet although thats been the story of his career i think.

Still got 30 players to go. (i remember someone posted PFFs top 100 wasnt he in the top 10?) NvM found it he was #16

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/18/pffs-top-101-of-2014-20-to-11/
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have they revealed all 100?  whit could still make the list.

If we base this just on last season 37 seems about right for AJ.  IF they are picking for who will be the 100 best this year i think that will be too low. (low as in to far from top 10-20 range)

Hill has not been named yet and they said in the video for OBJ that he was the highest ranked rookie.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals clearly aren't going to get much respect until they make a move in the playoffs.

Whit deserves to be on the list and Hill would have also gotten my vote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2015, 12:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whit is good, but he's just not a top 30 player. There is no way that he makes the list.

His play last year argues otherwise. There weren't three better LT's last year than Whitworth. Playing in the media black hole that is Cincinnati hurts his exposure, and voting for the Pro Bowl is a flat out joke. If Whit played LT in Denver last year he'd be Top 10 on this list.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote