Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green not happy that the Bengals are holding him out vs Texans
(12-24-2016, 02:19 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: The team is being cautious with its injured star when there is nothing to play for - this is a good thing.

The star is a competitor and is upset that he won't be allowed to play - this is a good thing.

Rep.

In another thread many fans were saying it might be a good idea to shelve him for the season, but as soon as MB makes that decision it becomes the dumbest move ever.

Also many fans want an athgoritarin coach who will demand players do what he says.  But as soon as a star player gets upset everyone is upset because the player does not get to make the decisions and do whatever he wants.

Some people just love to hate.
Reply/Quote
If only they'd hold Andy out tonight too. Ced is gonna get him killed Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As I said elsewhere, they just need to shelve the few 'vital' players these last two games with nothing to play for. Only thing some of them would be playing for is contract bonuses and such, otherwise why risk any major injury right now that could effect early part of next season if not all or most of it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

In another thread many fans were saying it might be a good idea to shelve him for the season, but as soon as MB makes that decision it becomes the dumbest move ever.

Also many fans want an athgoritarin coach who will demand players do what he says.  But as soon as a star player gets upset everyone is upset because the player does not get to make the decisions and do whatever he wants.

It's not that he's sitting. It's that the offense game planned as if he was as going to play and they "pulled the rug out from under us". Per Bob Holtzman. The offense was sabotaged. Coaches didn't know either. These people are the worst.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

When the object of the hate is a jackball owner that hasn't done shit since his hands have been on the wheel and a coach that has set the record for playoff futility, the hate is well deserved. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Green and his doctors think he's healthy enough to play, and he wants to, then why not? Especially if Marvin was adamant that they'd be playing their best players?

Where do we draw the line here exactly? Because Dalton's playing tonight, and he has just as much of a chance at getting injured.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Green and his doctors think he's healthy enough to play, and he wants to, then why not?  Where do we draw the line here exactly?  Because Dalton's playing tonight, and he has just as much of a chance at getting injured.

Mike has to protect that money flow. It has nothing to do with football on the field.

We must protect these Benjamins!!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If Green and his doctors think he's healthy enough to play, and he wants to, then why not?  Especially if Marvin was adamant that they'd be playing their best players?

Where do we draw the line here exactly?  Because Dalton's playing tonight, and he has just as much of a chance at getting injured.

Dalton is healthy and still has work to do getting more acquainted with the remainder of the WR corps.  If he had 3+ seasons throwing to Lafell, Boyd, Core, and Erickson plus a small tear in his throwing shoulder, McCarron would be playing.
Reply/Quote
Keep green out? Why? Because no playoffs??? Thats ridiculous. Idk about you guys, but i want to beat the brakes off the Texans. We have been spoiled to go to the playoffs 5? Years in a row and now were disqualified we keep our star out? No i want to see him play on christmas eve.

I bet this has something to do with a bonus. You know, green gets 1k yards, get a bonus. MB says no no, no more money for you sir. Fly back to Cincinnati for the rest of the year.

I am not happy, honestly. AJ green deserves much better than the Mike Brown Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I am ok with him not playing. If his leg isn't 100 percent why risk it. What if he tries to favor something and tears his ACL or something. The game is meaningless. Perhaps the Bengals communicated this wrong to AJ, but the decision is correct.

This is where I'm at but if he can play, why not let him?

He already said that he doesn't care for what the record is, he wants to be there for his team.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I am ok with him not playing.  If his leg isn't 100 percent why risk it.  What if he tries to favor something and tears his ACL or something.  The game is meaningless.  Perhaps the Bengals communicated this wrong to AJ, but the decision is correct.

Why are they letting him practice then?

It's inconsistent. He could get hurt running routes in practice just as he could in a game.
Reply/Quote
If they want to shelve him for the season, designate him IR and stop with the 'will he won't he' bullshit.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
If Docs say he shouldn't play then he shouldn't play. It's really no more complicated than that. Kudos to Marvin and the Bengals for putting the player's health above his wants. Much more professional than that Minnesota bunch that trotted out Adrian Peterson last week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's obvious...MB was playing a team in fantasy football that had AJ Green. He waited until the early games started then shut Green down so the other team couldn't sub.

Well played MB! Well played!
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with sitting AJ out because it's the right move. My problem with this is how it was done. This situation should have been handled on Monday not on the day before the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, it may come as a surprise, but I'm going to take the side of the team here. (Note: More proof I don't always bash the team)

There's little to nothing to be gained by playing him. Obviously, our season is over. Eifert is sitting, Burfict is sitting, Bernard is shelved. Does a rusty, 80% AJ Green make this game a likely win? Does a win matter?

If he really wants to go for that record then let him do it next week, and only if he's not risking further injury.

Right now this team needs to worry about two things: 1.) Keeping their stars healthy/safe. 2.) Use these games to take a long, hard look at your roster/Give reps to young guys.

IMHO AJ has no reason to be that pissed. This isnt a big deal. Next week? Maybe.

I'm surprised and pleasantly so. It seems those rhat bash the organization look to this as another example, when all signs point that they did all they could to give the player what he wanted, but looked at his long term health when Docs said he shouldn't go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Several report I'm seeing on the matter say that "ownership" is disallowing Green to play.

https://instagram.com/p/BOaMB1hBvAA/
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 03:12 PM)Gohards Wrote: Keep green out? Why? Because no playoffs??? Thats ridiculous. Idk about you guys, but i want to beat the brakes off the Texans. We have been spoiled to go to the playoffs 5? Years in a row and now were disqualified we keep our star out? No i want to see him play on christmas eve.

I bet this has something to do with a bonus. You know, green gets 1k yards, get a bonus. MB says no no, no more money for you sir. Fly back to Cincinnati for the rest of the year.

I am not happy, honestly. AJ green deserves much better than the Mike Brown Bengals.

There's rumors flying around that this is the reason. I have no idea and think it's BS !

But with MB's track record it wouldn't shock me.
Reply/Quote
what aj green market value.

xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Docs say he shouldn't play then he shouldn't play. It's really no more complicated than that. Kudos to Marvin and the Bengals for putting the player's health above his wants. Much more professional than that Minnesota bunch that trotted out Adrian Peterson last week.

Doctors cleared him to play but they said re-injury was high due to partially torn tendon. This should have been coaches decision. They knew he was cleared thats why they drew up the gameplan with him being out there. He should have been able to play and all the coaches were angry and said so. Do u really want him to demand a trade bc of it? Bc ive never heard of him being angry but all reports are hes pissed.
Reply/Quote