Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green vs Steelers
Thoughts on the matchup of A.J. Green against that Secondary?

Can he make them pay again?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeA.00/gamelog/?opp_id=pit
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
IF the Steelers play the same way they did against the Redskins, he's probably not going to get a lot of deep balls. That being said, Dalton will go 45-50 with 400 yards with the soft coverage they played.
Reply/Quote
Game 1 last year: 11 rec, 118 yards, 1 TD
Game 2 last year: 6 rec, 132 yards, 1 TD
Game 3 last year: 5 rec, 71 yards, 1 TD

I think it's safe to say AJ will have a good game.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Dalton has better protection than last week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Mitchell is a scum bag and will probably try and injure Green.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Steelers will probably scheme to take him out of the mix, although I still think he has a good game. Nonetheless, other guys need to step up in the passing game this week if we are going to win. Could be a good week for the short passing game judging by the way the Steelers played the Redskins.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:55 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Steelers will probably scheme to take him out of the mix, although I still think he has a good game.  Nonetheless, other guys need to step up in the passing game this week if we are going to win.  Could be a good week for the short passing game judging by the way the Steelers played the Redskins.

Very well said! #18 is going to still have a role and make some plays, but I'll be surprised if he has a monster game. Would like to see Dalton spread the wealth and use everyone as I'm sure the Steelers will focus on AJ.

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
I have a funny feeling in my gut that says Tyler Boyd will have a big game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:07 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I have a funny feeling in my gut that says Tyler Boyd will have a big game.

In a Hobson article he was saying he wanted to play well in front of his family/friends since Pittsburgh is his home town. Hopefully he plays well enough so he can get that chance. I'm pretty excited to see if Boyd will be a legit receiver or not. I know LaFell still looks like a solid receiver.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: In a Hobson article he was saying he wanted to play well in front of his family/friends since Pittsburgh is his home town. Hopefully he plays well enough so he can get that chance. I'm pretty excited to see if Boyd will be a legit receiver or not. I know LaFell still looks like a solid receiver.

I'm also wondering about James Wright, he was rumored to be more involved last week if he wasn't recovering off a injury.  I could potentially see him getting more touches. 
Reply/Quote
Vs North Teams,

AJ has had the most success vs Pitt, 70 catches in 10 games, 940 Yards

Of course we are 3 and 7.

AJ has struggled the most vs the Browns, but we are 7 and 3 in his 10 games vs clev.

Been pretty solid in 8 games vs Baltimore, missed 2 due to the turf toe and another injury I can not remember. End of 2014 I think, before the colts slaughter. 5 and 3 vs Balt for his career
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hopefully Dalton has better protection than last week.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Because already know AJ will get his. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Because already know AJ will get his. 

Hopefully the NYJ game lights a fire under the offensive line.  Maybe I'm being a homer on this but the Steelers pass rush didn't look too impressive vs. the Redskins, but you know they'll be gunning for Andy at every chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:53 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike Mitchell is a scum bag and will probably try and injure Green.

YES!!!  I'm glad someone else sees that thug for who he is! He's the one that went helmet to helmet and cause Eifert's concussion last year. He will try and goad Green with subtle taunting, but he knows Green won't respond to it, so injury will be his only other option.

WAIT .... they could pull out all stops if Green continues to beat them and Tomlin could try and trip him down the sideline!!
Reply/Quote
If they do double AJ then Boyd, LaFell, and Wright will certainly get phone calls.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:07 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I have a funny feeling in my gut that says Tyler Boyd will have a big game.

Same here.

(09-14-2016, 12:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: In a Hobson article he was saying he wanted to play well in front of his family/friends since Pittsburgh is his home town. Hopefully he plays well enough so he can get that chance. I'm pretty excited to see if Boyd will be a legit receiver or not. I know LaFell still looks like a solid receiver.

I also liked the part in that article where Boyd said when he was on the Pitt campus the only team that
everyone heard about when they came to town consistently was the Bengals. That shows the bastids do
respect us even if they are scum.

To the OP, i think all 3 of the top WR's could have big games and Wright might make a play or two in the
Wildcat or on a reverse or something. Also, don't forget Boyd at QB, could happen.

I just really like our chances in this game and am kind of wondering why some are not. Dalton just came
off maybe his best game ever considering the horrid protection and OL play. Pitt's secondary is a monster
question mark, much more-so than the Jets. Hill also looked good in his limited touches against maybe the
best run Defense in the league.

Our OL and DL should play much better this game for sure as well. Can't wait...
Reply/Quote
Check out the below link, you can see how AJ did last year (and other years, you just need to change the year) for any game. Last year he did pretty damn good against the Squealers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13983/year/2015
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Ike Taylor had his way against Green a few times and shut him down but since his retirement he has made their secondary look like punks. I can remember plays last year were he made both Blake and Mitchell look like amateurs.

Haden has gave him trouble at times in Cleveland and he's had his way with Baltimore his whole career.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:53 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Mike Mitchell is a scum bag and will probably try and injure Green.

He will try to injure everyone, with AJ being the ultimate prize.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hopefully Dalton has better protection than last week.

That Jets D-line is one of the best in the league, much better than the d-line we will see this week.
Reply/Quote