Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.J. Green vs Steelers
You know whitworth is gonna light a fire under their buts he wont stand for that so i think the oline will be just fine.
Reply/Quote
He will have another 150+yard game
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: You know whitworth is gonna light a fire under their buts he wont stand for that so i think the oline will be just fine.

The OL has had bad performances in the past and the next week they play lights out.

History supports what you say here.

(09-14-2016, 04:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He will have another 150+yard game

AJ looks better than ever and already always tears up the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here.

I also liked the part in that article where Boyd said when he was on the Pitt campus the only team that
everyone heard about when they came to town consistently was the Bengals. That shows the bastids do
respect us even if they are scum.

To the OP, i think all 3 of the top WR's could have big games and Wright might make a play or two in the
Wildcat or on a reverse or something. Also, don't forget Boyd at QB, could happen.

I just really like our chances in this game and am kind of wondering why some are not. Dalton just came
off maybe his best game ever considering the horrid protection and OL play. Pitt's secondary is a monster
question mark, much more-so than the Jets. Hill also looked good in his limited touches against maybe the
best run Defense in the league.

Our OL and DL should play much better this game for sure as well. Can't wait...
It shouldn't take much to play better than they did last Sunday! Cry Let's hope it is way, way, better! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
If it rains, there will be little passing. On both sides. I hope our running game can free up AJ.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 11:34 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Thoughts on the matchup of A.J. Green against that Secondary?

Can he make them pay again?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeA.00/gamelog/?opp_id=pit

Green should be able to eat them up, which should make for a good day for LaFell, Boyd and CJ.

But ... will our OL keep their front 7 off Dalton long enough for him to deliver the ball?

I see pedestrian rushing numbers again this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:43 PM)IMightBeRight Wrote: That Jets D-line is one of the best in the league, much better than the d-line we will see this week.

I agree, but the o line still needs to play better. If they were the best d in league and they had 4 sacks, yeah okay fine. But 7??? 7 sacks?? If we gave up 7 sacks to them that means we will give up at least 4 to the steelers d? I mean, their d is half as good as the jets, right?

Ill just be okay as long as everyone leaves the game okay. I mean, with a wild rapist running all over the place, you just have to hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
AJ has had a lot of success against them in the past, but there's no guarantee that will continue. However when things like that do change it's typically because of age or injury and since AJ is neither old nor injured I think it's safe to say that he'll continue to be successful against them.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 01:58 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Green should be able to eat them up, which should make for a good day for LaFell, Boyd and CJ.

But ... will our OL keep their front 7 off Dalton long enough for him to deliver the ball?

I see pedestrian rushing numbers again this week.

Worth noting jets defense did not have a single sack last week
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:37 PM)Derrick Wrote: It shouldn't take much to play better than they did last Sunday! Cry Let's hope it is way, way, better! ThumbsUp

For sure.
Reply/Quote