Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
(01-19-2017, 02:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 15-34 136 yards 4 ints also had a fumble. Against kc in the playoffs. My whole point being mccarron didn't have a pick when he started a game. You know hoyer is nothing more than a backup. Mccarron could be a steady starter.

I would much rather have Hoyer than McCarron. Hoyer has been really good since that game, and when he started for the Texans he was solid for them that year too. McCarron has had a pick as a starter and he's had multiple picks and a lot of fumbles. McCarron hasn't shown anything yet. All the games he's played in he hasn't played anything better than alright. He averages about 200 pass yards per game, and averages almost 1 turnover per game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 12:42 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Lance McAlister said a few weeks ago the Bengals were offered a 1st and 4th for A.J and they
turned it down
so along those thought lines a NFL front office felt A.J had all the traits of a franchise QB.
is this franchise so in love with Andy that they are afraid to see in a QB battle in training camp.that A.J
is ACTUALLY THE BETTER QB AND BE PREPARED TO ADVANCE THIS FRANCHISE past 1st rd losses ?
it looks like to me from the sample size from AJ over 2 seasons he cant do any worse than Dalton has.
I'm not a Dalton hater by any means
I just want to see the best QB on the field
I know it's apple oranges but Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe years back and you know the rest of the story

I doubt it. Dude holds onto the ball way too long and if he would of played this season we would of had
twice the sacks and i doubt we would of won even 4 games. He is a gunslinger and he might be capable
behind a great O-line and some good weapons but i doubt he could be a franchise QB.

Dalton has beat out McCarron in camp every year and is clearly the better QB when watching the two.

McCarron can do MUCH worse than Dalton.

We should of taken that offer and ran with it. Stupid MB, he is a frickin' idiot. He won't get anything
better than that. If he just keeps McCarron here for another year and just lets him walk....

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALPH!!! Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 15-34 136 yards 4 ints also had a fumble. Against kc in the playoffs. My whole point being mccarron didn't have a pick when he started a game. You know hoyer is nothing more than a backup. Mccarron could be a steady starter.

If the Bengals were offered a 1st and 4th for Mac as was posted earlier, they should have taken it. They will never be offered a 1st. again IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would much rather have Hoyer than McCarron. Hoyer has been really good since that game, and when he started for the Texans he was solid for them that year too. McCarron has had a pick as a starter and he's had multiple picks and a lot of fumbles. McCarron hasn't shown anything yet. All the games he's played in he hasn't played anything better than alright. He averages about 200 pass yards per game, and averages almost 1 turnover per game.

Hoyer is like a poor-man's Sam Bradford....the better he plays, the more likely he is to get hurt.  Seriously, the moment he starts doing well he gets IR-ed.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt it. Dude holds onto the ball way too long and if he would of played this season we would of had
twice the sacks and i doubt we would of won even 4 games. He is a gunslinger and he might be capable
behind a great O-line and some good weapons but i doubt he could be a franchise QB.

Dalton has beat out McCarron in camp every year and is clearly the better QB when watching the two.

McCarron can do MUCH worse than Dalton.

We should of taken that offer and ran with it. Stupid MB, he is a frickin' idiot. He won't get anything
better than that. If he just keeps McCarron here for another year and just lets him walk....

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALPH!!! Sick
There was no offer for McCarron Nate. Check out Jim O's post a couple pages back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We may as well discuss it, but I can't imagine anything other than McCarron leaving as a FA and us getting a comp pick is on the horizon, barring an absurd circumstance.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We may as well discuss it, but I can't imagine anything other than McCarron leaving as a FA and us getting a comp pick is on the horizon, barring an absurd circumstance.

I think he might not go anywhere else. I don't see too many teams going to want to pick him up when there are better options for about the same price out there. If he does go to another team it will probably be a backup.

I think that he doesn't sign a contract with us until the last second. He's going to try to get a starting gig somewhere and no one is going to want him. Holds out and then comes back to us or the highest bidder as a backup somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think he might not go anywhere else. I don't see too many teams going to want to pick him up when there are better options for about the same price out there. If he does go to another team it will probably be a backup.

I think that he doesn't sign a contract with us until the last second. He's going to try to get a starting gig somewhere and no one is going to want him. Holds out and then comes back to us or the highest bidder as a backup somewhere.

If he is a FA I'd imagine someone would grab him.  The QBs this league trots out on a yearly basis are laughable, so if Blaine Gabbert can get a starting gig somewhere I can see McCarron getting a low-risk shot at it.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If he is a FA I'd imagine someone would grab him.  The QBs this league trots out on a yearly basis are laughable, so if Blaine Gabbert can get a starting gig somewhere I can see McCarron getting a low-risk shot at it.

Gabbert was a first round pick with a couple of years experience. Not saying that he was good, but people thought he had potential. McCarron is a 5th round pick with almost no experience and backup quality performance (even though the same could be said about Gabberts performances).
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 08:18 PM)jason Wrote: There was no offer for McCarron Nate. Check out Jim O's post a couple pages back.

Oh, guess i shouldn't listen to some people on here, my bad. Jim O knows whats up. :andy:

Still if we get offered even a 2nd rounder you take it. It would be sad and pathetic if we just let McCarron walk
next year and get nothing for him. People can talk about Dalton might get killed and we will need McCarron but
i doubt he does enough to get us into the Playoffs if Dalton goes down with the same O-line.

McCarron holds onto the ball far too long.
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt anyone offered a first round pick for AJ and we turned it down unless Andy is retiring out of no where it makes ZERO sense
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote