Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mathematical Dive into the Bengals Playoff Hopes: Root for the Dolphins & Raiders !
(12-20-2023, 05:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'm pretty sure that if we beat the Stealers and the Texans lose then we are control our own destiny.

If we win out we have a 99.99% chance.

If we go 2-1, losing to chiefs… about 70%.

This takes into account over 10,000 different simulations on other games.

This is why i think 2-1 will get us in. Predicting the outcomes for 16 or so games is silly. Try doing it for a week with just picking winners/losers(no spread). It’s hard to get 12+ correct.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 04:41 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: So, I got out-voted. Yes, it would be awesome to see them do something like they did back on January 23rd in Buffalo, but here's the thing. I'm tired of Patrick and his temper tantrums and the whole Kelsey/Taylor Swift thing. For the millionth time, WHAT IS SO FREAKING HOT ABOUT HER? She's an average singer, and she's not even particularly pretty.

Is your question "What is "freaking hot about her" in reference to her fans or the league?  I'm not a 20 year old female so I'll defer to the music/cultural critics to debate the former, but as to the latter, I can't blame the NFL and networks for gushing over her.  The NFL is a known commodity.  There aren't large swaths of the American public walking around saying "I keep hearing good things abut this football stuff, maybe I'll check it out."  No, everyone knows what you have and if they're not already interested, there's not much you can do to capture their interest.   So, when a significant part of the American public, who largely has zero interest in the NFL, is suddenly drawn to the product because their musical heroine is dating a player, then you have to seize that interest and not let go.  You talk about her endlessly and show her constantly because her fan base rules social media and they will spend their money on your product and spend their time advertising your product.  That's my theory, anyway.

If, however, your question was rhetorical, then apologies  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yes, Llama it was rhetorical even though I enjoyed your take about why the NFL broadcasts started glomming onto her. Call me jealous because she's a gazillionaire in her early 30s.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be back in this thread after the Steelers game

Won’t mean anything if we lose that one and that game is very lose able
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:15 AM)Housh Wrote: I’ll be back in this thread after the Steelers game

Won’t mean anything if we lose that one and that game is very lose able

I think it's quite winnable. Steelers seem to be crashing and burning on Offense. Their top 2 WR's have just about gone full Diva and pissing the team off. I don't see them winning much from here on out. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote